Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So where's the beast?

And don't forget to switch particles to 'self' or completely off.
    That's all I have to do to keep it playable. Rest stays on max since I upgraded my hardware.

The game is still demanding!

I got t4 relic from basilisk.. but that was in t4
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by padishar View Post
    Make sure to disable player names in Interface options/nametags (show vicinity player names). It adds a big boost in fps for me
    Thanks for the tips but yes, I disabled all name tags, self, npc and players. All particles off. Resolution to it's smallest 1024x920 i think. Whatever the lowest res option there is I set it. View distances set to the lowest it can get. View distance is so low that I can't see anyone until I'm on top of them so finding the damn boss is a quest in itself. lol

I promise you all, my settings can not get any lower BUT I was able to find the WB in NG and I still locked up most of the fight.

I guess my pc that used to run AoC okay for 5 years just got old and worn out all of a sudden.

Oh well. Lot's of other games out there I can play on high settings with no trouble at all. Have fun killing the same boss over and over to score so so loot. I scored a bundle of 3 ritual knives!!!! Oh my! I nearly peed myself with excitement.

It's sad that my settings will not save after logging out. I can't even log back in without the game locking up because the settings keep going back to all particles on, name tags on, etc etc etc.

I'm tired of "work arounds". I've been doing work arounds for 5 years now.

I'm signing the divorce papers.

Trying doing an email to funcom to see if they can port your character offline to another area. I haven't had issues wit the game resetting my particles and nametags but maybe you could make sure you log out in entrance to khitai or another zone so that you aren't around the lagfest. Even porting to chosain or logging off in south NG should avoid the higher work on your computer.

I turn off nametags and that's generally enough but I will turn off world particles and do myself only on self particles if a lot of people show up.

Its a lot better than the dragon instances only holding 40 people or so in the first boss imo. You pay for the higher number of people who can get to the boss with more lag though.

Some of the settings are on a per character basis. Particles for sure is one. Have to turn them off on all characters.

Intel I5, HD6950 video card with 2 gigs of ram, 16 gigs of computer memory here. On Raid/pvp setting with all particles off I run two instances of AoC, at 1920 x 1080, on these raids with no lag. If you're having trouble with similar or better hardware with only one instance of AoC then something is majorly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    It's sad that my settings will not save after logging out. I can't even log back in without the game locking up because the settings keep going back to all particles on, name tags on, etc etc etc.

You probably know the solution to this but just to be sure.
    (It's a work around, argh)
    The settings are saved if you wait the 15 seconds to log off.
    (If you do not wait and press the button to leave and the game is closed, nothing is saved)
    You should then end up in the character selection screen.
    But sometimes you get an error when the game tries to relog and you end up in the login screen. In this case, settings etc. are not saved too.
    The error occurs cause the game tries to send the text from all the chat tabs to the server, as I heard. If it's to much, it fails.
    Deleting all chat tabs except the global (or sometimes even that one) solves the problem. There is also a tool around, which I can not find at the moment, to delete/clean up the files causing the problems.

It is possible to avoid whole Kithai so ftp players can participate on boss fights?

The actual boss is in Kithai. As f2p you have no chance to get to it except if you buy an access pass in the shop.

You need to kill twelve bosses for the quest. So it will take you just a month longer if you miss one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast