Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conan is a Conq?

Default Conan is a Conq?

Why do some people say Conan is a Conqueror class instead of a Barbarian? Just curious.....

He's a barbarian that multiclassed into conk.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Born and raised as a cimmerian barbarian he finally becomes conqueror of the aquilonian kingdom?

Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Conan was and always will be barbarian ''class'' while conqueror is his ''title'' not class, he got title conqueror because of this things he did like you would say Conan is not a barbarian he is Emperor or King. There is a big difference between class and stile of fighting and titles other people give you for the things you did. Conan was also called Destroyer but he is not a destroyer class but that is his title, its pretty simple.

In many of the comics Conan does appear as a "Conqueror" (AoC class), leading bands of Afghulli, pirates or whole armies and is always distinguished for his fighting spirit and commanding presence as well as battle tactics.
    Maybe as it is now, though born a barbarian, Conan has transcended all classes.

Contrary to most artistic impressions of Conan, most of the time he was wearing heavy armor.... closer to conk than barb.
    I don't make points I make dents.

It's also worth noting that t1-3 and t4 conq sword models are based off the Conan Atlantean from the first films, and Conan's sword from the 2011 movie.

Guys, as much as some of you would wish to envision Conan as Conqueror and not a barbarian is not lore friendly nor correct. Robert E. Howard envisioned Conan as a barbarian and he is presented as such in comics and in movies as well as in 90% of books so saying otherwise is just to put it plain and simple....wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Barbarian

Even when you google it you will never find it by Conan the HoX or DT or Conq, first thing google shows up is Conan the Barbarian and everything about him.

''Conan the Barbarian (also known as Conan the Cimmerian)''
    His ONLY 2 VALID names.

CN1 Conan the Buccaneer (1985)
    CN2 Conan the Mercenary (1985)
    CN3 Conan Triumphant (1985)
    Conan the Conqueror
    etc,etc

Titles! Not Classes.
    Last edited by Jovana; 29th June 2013 at 10:54. Reason: Because i am in the mood for editing

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post

Titles! Not Classes.
    What's the diffrence between titles and classes ? I sum up dead. I'm a necromancer. I'm all barbaric, i'm a Barbarian. I poach in the carrabean, i'm a bouccaneer.

Can't "Barbarian" also be a title ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast