Thread: Art of Trolling

Default Art of Trolling

YoYo

[Edited by Drest - The Art of Editing Inaproporiate Posts!]
    Last edited by Drest; 13th February 2014 at 13:23.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I never really understood the whole "trolling" thing. To me, trolls just come off as attention seekers, who are to much of a pussy in real life when it comes to confrontations.

So they sit here on the web, comfortable anonymous, getting off because someone answered their stupidity.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    I never really understood the whole "trolling" thing. To me, trolls just come off as attention seekers, who are to much of a pussy in real life when it comes to confrontations.

So they sit here on the web, comfortable anonymous, getting off because someone answered their stupidity.
    This is true some of the time... I don't know though, I tend to troll morons, and often times, they don't even realize it's being done. This is largely a result of... well... them being total morons! At the very least, I get to walk away with PMs from observers laughing their ass off, so that's a win in my book. I'd say there are variations of trolls. I try to keep it amusing for third party individuals, others try to do it for self gratification(The type you alluded to).

Comedy vs Desperation.

Default The Art of Closing a Thread

And since trolling is not allowed in the Social Guidelines and will earn you infractions if you do it, no threads on how to be an effective troll will stay open.

...good grief... i mean really?!

Thread closed
    Closed
    Last edited by Drest; 13th February 2014 at 13:22.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.