Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP events: Testlive

It's fairly obvious that I am not a pvper though I have done it in the past. But I think this is a great thing and hope that it goes over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    As for me, I just want to fight and kill people for the sake of doing so, rewards or not, just give me balanced pvp and a population to support constant open world and I am
    Well killing for killing is getting boring fast to me, so those kind of quest or somehow, a context, is something I'm looking forward for a long time.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Well killing for killing is getting boring fast to me, so those kind of quest or somehow, a context, is something I'm looking forward for a long time.
    Go to Crom for a year and you'll realize having any open world even without any goals is a gift. If they actually do implement these events I won't be collecting dust on Crom while Fury has all the fun.
    Doomsayer 2008

Those pvp open world quest together with pvp gear revamp are best things that happened for a long time for player vs player in Age of Conan. Recent EVE online battle and MOBA games are showing how much iterest is in pvp for people. Funcom have to catch up and i hope they will.

Anyone with a canceled account who complains about how great they were 4+ years ago and refuses to realize it's 2014 and not 2010, and only 10 of us are even left that remember who they were.

As for me, I just want to fight and kill people for the sake of doing so, rewards or not, just give me balanced pvp and a population to support constant open world and I am
    Haha, well put!

Anyone with a canceled account who complains about how great they were 4+ years ago and refuses to realize it's 2014 and not 2010, and only 10 of us are even left that remember who they were.

Well put, Suct.
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    What defines a true pvper?
    Why would you ask that question here where there are like 100 pvp'ers. Go on a forum for a game with milions of pvp players and ask them what a pvp player is.

Performance of the server is going to be the problem with these pvp events. If they can't figure a way to improve performance then all of this is useless. If you can't play a melee toon in pvp because of lag it will not become popular. Server performance with pvp around world boss spawns with only a few players is terrible.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by AliGawron View Post
    Those pvp open world quest together with pvp gear revamp are best things that happened for a long time for player vs player in Age of Conan. Recent EVE online battle and MOBA games are showing how much iterest is in pvp for people. Funcom have to catch up and i hope they will.
    Actually it´s a pity that all these changes (and this event in particular) are coming on TL/live servers with the end of the free transfer period.. I´m quite sure, that if it was delivered one month before the free transfers (and if it was any good), Fury would be in much better shape than it is now.

I´ve still got several characters on Fury and right now I´m deciding what to do with them - if Fury is about to stay as it was for last few weeks, they´re heading Crom, but if this new content works out nice, I can imagine leaving them there.. choices, choices..
    But again, I guess that the damage has been already done and not even this late activity is about to significantly change this
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

The free transfers came too late... and are closing too early since pvp updates are coming now. Sad but true story :/

No doubt there will be a couple of people paying to transfer but let's face it, very few will.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12