Thread: Quality of life improvements...

Default Quality of life improvements...

I'd like an option to swap action bars coded into the weapon swap button. Throw in an option to enable/disable this in the game menus for the inevitable complainers.

Failing that I suppose I'd settle for disabling action bar swapping while CC'd - though this is really the poor mans alternative.

I'd seriously pay for this to happen right now. I'd buy it from the in game store. Or even have the guy doing the work pm me his paypal and we'll sort something out...

Ctrl + "1 - 0" To swap between the 10 available bars, or placing your mousepointer over the bar and scroll with the scrollwheel.

Might be alt or shift instead of ctrl, haven't used it for some years since I got stonerune and a multibuttonmouse.

I would kill for a checkbox that completely disabled swapping the action bars. I zoom in and out during combat a lot and cannot tell you how many times I've accidently changed my action bar in the middle of a fight.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I would kill for a checkbox that completely disabled swapping the action bars. I zoom in and out during combat a lot and cannot tell you how many times I've accidently changed my action bar in the middle of a fight.
    Yea!! Put it in suggestion long ago, but obviously it was never implemented.
    Seems so easy to do, and in general the extra action bars are useless.

Yeah I had to disable the scroll zoom to stop that swap from happening too. Pretty frustrating little feature that mouseover swap thing...

I appreciate the workaround suggestions but I want to swap weapons and bars with 1 button (and not swap the bars accidentally when cc'd only to come out of cc with no usable skills for the currently equipped weapon.)

Way too many skills in this game to live with 1 bar and two sets of weapons and have to deal with the awesomely odd programming choices related to the shift key.

I've set a key to swith "weapon + bar 1", and another one to "switch weapon + bar 2". Problem is there are time (beeing kb, switching them too early while double tapping) where I have wrong weapon and bar, then I have to press the key 2 times.

Really an issue in pvp. And it got worst with this bug that happen way too often, where your weapons duplicate and you're holding them both at the same time. I often have to play a whole JS having 2 shields and ranged weapons on ranger at the same time.

"Wut the **** am I holding actually ?"
    Last edited by Religolibri; 10th February 2014 at 03:29.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I would kill for a checkbox that completely disabled swapping the action bars.
    This. Me want.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    This. Me want.
    Easy to deal with it. Set all hot bars with same skill patern, don't think anymore which skill bar are you using.

As to OP. While your suggestion isn't unreasonable I'd bet anythig changes here, so quiker you set binds quicker you become effective player. It's AoC, having 30+ bind per character isn't here anything uncommon.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Is there a way to inactivate the Alt button as a "combination key" (such as the game doesn't interpret it as YOU wanting to "ALT+Another KEY") ?

That's so annoying. I have enough quickslot and key bind with custom UI and SHIFT+Key to cover everything. All key around my hand are covered, and the ALT key, which is frakking huge and would make a good shortcut, is completely unreliable.

Out of combat is somewhat good. I had "charge" bound to the ALT key, and pressing it would just charge and enter combat. But then , once in the middle of the fight, if I wanted to charge another thing, half of the time it would mess up everything and not activate the charge because he think I'm doing some weird combination of ALT+KEY.

So is there a way to prevent that ?

Do not forget to unbind SHIFT+numbers to stop switching action bars.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.