Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do Sins defeat last boss in Isle of Iron Statues?

So, everyone is saying the Boss is knockdown-able when casting Unleash Fury? Is that right? Because he isn't being knocked down when casting this, but is knocked down when casting nothing at no specific animation point. I have about 1-2 seconds of lag on this map, depending, and the battle rewinds alot too. It's like I will dodge a rock he throws and about a second or more later find out I was knocked down on the server.

I have a good connect, but I guess the server is too far away.

something is not right. Please post your build.
    Retired

While casting Unleash Fury you have to run on the right pad (the pad where ape comes from) and this pad will knock him down and break his cast.

As Slith said - post your build or maybe change it. For soloing Khitai and doing HM in soloinstance, you should use some build with Avatar (only a suggestion).
    KlingenBruderschaft

One build has full armor from general tree and Avatar, but not Soul Destruction, and the other has Avatar and Vampiric. Both have snap kick, Fear, Stun, Dull Pain, Lotus Overload. My Sin also has AA perks since RotG came out with all protections filled, Choking Powder, Master Assassin, etc. The full armor/Avatar build seems to do best.

Does Liberation break the Ape boss's Slow? I have the Avoid Entrapment and Tainted Weapons slotted.

My main problem is that the Ape Boss is lag-bugged. I will be able knock him down when he casts nothing and not be able to knock him down when he's casting Unleash Fury. Now if I could knock him down while he was casting Unleash Fury by going to the Knockdown pad the battle would go pretty well. But I have no clue or queue from the game as to when he is casting Unleash Fury on the Server. I have bug reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    So, everyone is saying the Boss is knockdown-able when casting Unleash Fury? Is that right?
    Well, this is ambiguous. When he is casting Unleashing Fury, the boss can (and MUST) be knocked back BY WALKING ON THE PAD ONLY. You cannot CC him by your feats during the casting. Attack like Snap Kick works fine outside this moment, however, so you can kick him back when he is casting Terrorizing Roar for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Well, this is ambiguous. When he is casting Unleashing Fury, the boss can (and MUST) be knocked back BY WALKING ON THE PAD ONLY. You cannot CC him by your feats during the casting. Attack like Snap Kick works fine outside this moment, however, so you can kick him back when he is casting Terrorizing Roar for instance.
    Yes, I meant that, for me, he is not knocked back by walking onto the knockback pad while he is casting Unleash Fury.

He is knockedback by walking onto the pad when he is casting nothing at all and making no discernable action on occasion. This is because I see the Terrorizing Roar so I start making trips to the knockdown pad, figuring he might be casting Unleash Fury on the Server, which I can't see because it's too fast and is already cast by the time I see him casting Unleash Fury on my computer.

Like I say, I Bug Reported it, but Funcom will have to lengthen the cast time of Unleash Fury (now that there is just one server location for the whole planet?) to fix anyting or have him cast it right after Terrorizing Roar so we can guess-timate when he starts casting Unleash Fury.

I have a good connect too, usually under a 10th of a second, but AoC's server is too far away.

You get a debuff every time you use a pad, so if you keep running on the kb pad, it will only work once every 30 secs (or whatever the cd is). Only use the kb pad for whenever he's casting Unleash Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    You get a debuff every time you use a pad, so if you keep running on the kb pad, it will only work once every 30 secs (or whatever the cd is). Only use the kb pad for whenever he's casting Unleash Fury.
    That helps a bit, but he seems to get Unleash Fury cast without ever creating a castbar for it. I keep the castbar right above the arrow keys on the quickbar, so I see everything that shows up. And he is definately being knocked-back while casting nothing. In fact that's the normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    And he is definately being knocked-back while casting nothing. In fact that's the normal.
    Well, I'm not sure to understand correctly here. Since YOU are the one to decide when to knock him back, you should only walk on the pad when you see the cast bar of Unleash Fury, not right after he ends Terrorizing Roar. (Because the ape does NOT systematically cast Unleash Fury right after Terrorizing Roar. So don't waste a knock back by walking in too early because you think the next attack will be the fury. Maybe it's not.)

The only problem if Unleash Fury really doesn't appear as a cast from time to time : Maybe you can try in the option to force the cast bar to be always ON (enven when he cast nothing) and see if that help ?

Yes, thats how the cast bars are set. Always on, with opponent cast bar dragged to center above arrow keys.

But you say he is always vulnerable to the knock-back pad, but that I have to use it to interrupt Unleash Fury only. I can see that would be how it works, but you are the first to describe it that way, even the wiki doesn't mention he is always vulnerable to knockback from the pad.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Isle_of_Iron_Statues

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast