Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plague swarm?

Default Plague swarm?

Hey necros..another question.. is plague swarm worth taking if u have infestation fully feated..i notice my infest procs pretty much all the time and was really curious if plague swarm does its own dps as a spell like additional unholy or something in addition to spreading the FtW.

And my AA question is.. what 2 aa's would be worth feating if i didnt want supreme lich ...

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...4&postcount=14
    you decide after you read that.

chiling breath, rest all bad so go with decays at least it does something.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It has a higher coefficient than Ice strike and hits harder, if youve got nothing better to spend your feat points on then grab it and throw it in your rotation on cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Halc View Post
    It has a higher coefficient than Ice strike and hits harder, if youve got nothing better to spend your feat points on then grab it and throw it in your rotation on cooldown
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 5908 frost damage.
    Your Plague Swarm crits Straw Man for 2174 unholy damage.

sure keep your illusions :P.

to be honest i dont think plague has a coeficient it fluctuates bettwen 900-1000 always and only base spell damage seems to afect it, crit damage seems to apply to it properly and crit rating.

wich should be clear if you read my post.
    Last edited by noite80; 3rd August 2013 at 14:04.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Since when Ice Strike refresh and spreads FtW? Quite stupid to compare spells with diffrent aims.

What's next, Ice Strike > Freeze?
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Since when Ice Strike refresh and spreads FtW? Quite stupid to compare spells with diffrent aims.

did they ninja fix it in pvp? it never spead properly on players.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

point is how usefull is it?

t1 maybe i can see it working good for vistrix
    t2 for killing the endless trash mobs
    t3 no application possible, even tas mobs if they nicely together icestrike does more damage then bothering to cast plague once
    t4 totaly irrelevant

kithai hm's irrelevant feat to have on all dungeons

in pvp last i checked it didnt work properly did they change it?

anyhow its much better to swap targets all the time in pvp to apply motd so might as apply ftw as well, in pve it works almost as an agro dump to keep swapping targets all the time.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It works as intended in pvp, besides it upgrades infestation to proper FtW, or steals FtW/Infestation of other necros.

In pve it renews worms as well, so no point cast them more than once. And dps of plague is very good since u was comparing it to Ice Strike which have way higher casting time.
    Cripples gonna cripple

It works as intended in pvp, besides it upgrades infestation to proper FtW, or steals FtW/Infestation of other necros.

In pve it renews worms as well, so no point cast them more than once. And dps of plague is very good since u was comparing it to Ice Strike which have way higher casting time.
    last i used in pvp was like 2 and half years ago at the time it wasnt working.

in pve your just wrong, icestrike is still better then casting plague and in multiple target situation infestation works better because multiple adds always have now hit points and die die too fast for plague to make a difference.
    chilling breath + icestrike splash is better then plague.

plague has no coeficint it only scales with crit rating making it crit more often wich then gets afected by your crit damage wich will always be higher on all other spells, there is a small marginal increase to plague when gaining or being afected by increases of bsd. wich increase its damage by very low amounts.

ftw cast is fast enough to be casted on multiple targets individualy along with pb+motd wich on targets wich have high hit points is much better then using plague.

also if you trying to max out single target dps you should be using ftw in a redundant fashion to gain more skulls.

if you feel it fits your play style use it; unlike half of feats its not broken and you confirmation its working in pvp is good news to me, but your deluded by thinking you do more dps by using it in pve.

i rest my case.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    did they ninja fix it in pvp? it never spead properly on players.
    It works in PVP, but it's true usefulness isn't really there unless your in the right spot at the right time.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast