Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tortage; Tarishas Sorrow Quest line.

Default Tortage; Tarishas Sorrow Quest line.

Been a long while since I played Tortage. Am looking to complete the Tarisha chain so I can face her ghost on the final night quest, rather then Valerious.

I have completed all of the Caught in the Shadows & Xantias Wrath quest chains. I am level 18, and am up to the final part of the nighttime destiny quest, Battle of Tortage.

Still, given all of the above, the quest is still not available to be given by Bartholomow. Can anyone advise why this might be, as it is bugging me now, and would like to complete it.

Have raised a ticket but no response to it all day, and was faced with abuse in general chat when I asked about it, telling me to move from PvP server :P

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatour View Post
    Been a long while since I played Tortage. Am looking to complete the Tarisha chain so I can face her ghost on the final night quest, rather then Valerious.

I have completed all of the Caught in the Shadows & Xantias Wrath quest chains. I am level 18, and am up to the final part of the nighttime destiny quest, Battle of Tortage.

Still, given all of the above, the quest is still not available to be given by Bartholomow. Can anyone advise why this might be, as it is bugging me now, and would like to complete it.

Have raised a ticket but no response to it all day, and was faced with abuse in general chat when I asked about it, telling me to move from PvP server :P

thanks in advance.
    Strange. Did you run the serpent poison quest for Valerius?

Wisdom through Venom, Yes. All other Bartholomo quests are complete, as is the Karas seal quest line that involves his assistant.

Still to complete the Hortensia/Black ones quests, but not fussed about them, they have nothing to do with this line, and nothing on researching this points to anything over then Xantias Wrath and Genzio storylines.

Really want to get this done, and even more so now I can't get a quest for it.

As far as I can tell by this, I have done all I need to do to get quest, and am at the right level range.

Originally Posted by vmnlogan
    This is actually the quest line involving Valerius, Tarisha, and Bartholomo. I believe it is linked to several other pieces that need to occur for you to see this quest, but don't know for certain. This is what I've puzzled out so far:

1) You must do the Valerius quest "Wisdom through venom", where you gather snake and scorpion venom for him. It puts Valerius on your side.
    2) Do all your night quests but the final battle; if you're a priest this is important to gain Bartholomo's trust
    3) Complete both "Caught in the Shadows" and "Xantia's Wrath" in order to be introduced to Tarisha and get on her good side. One gains you the pieces to Genzio's cursed amulet, the other has Tarisha aid you in destroying it.

Bartholomo should now be willing to give more quests. I believe only the third list item is required, but doing the first two - as well as finishing all the other acheronian ruins quests - won't hurt. This should unlock the "Tarisha's Sorrow" and "Tarisha's Sacrifice" quests, and I believe that you end up facing Tarisha rather than Valerius in the final battle.

The only thing you have to do to get this quest is finish the Caught in the Shadows quest line, which involves running back and forth to Genzio a lot then finishing up with Xantia. Once you've done this entire quest chain Bartholomo gives you the quest to speak with Tarisha. This mostly involves running back and forth to the ruins (again!!!) with a sidetrip to get a few items for a spell (one of which requires going into the Underhalls). End reward is a blue melee ring.

Yeah, I didn't run all Sancha quests on last few alts and never failed to get Tarisha/Valerius quest line.

I remember doing it earlier than just before final battle - I usually do all day quests before I change to night mode and do the whole destiny chain in one take. Maybe it actually gets cut off at some point of destiny questline?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Yeah, I didn't run all Sancha quests on last few alts and never failed to get Tarisha/Valerius quest line.

I remember doing it earlier than just before final battle - I usually do all day quests before I change to night mode and do the whole destiny chain in one take. Maybe it actually gets cut off at some point of destiny questline?
    No, can't be that. Apparntly it's nothing to do with destiny quest and can be received/completed even after killing Valerious at that stage, but I left myself with everything completed towards the Tarisha line without touching any destiny quests - had Genzios line wrapped up by about level 13. Once Bartholomo was not giving quest,progressed setiny then checked Bart at every stage, and still nothing.

Something is obviously not triggering, be it something I've done or a bug, was hoping someone might have had the same thing and no a workaround or answer. Hours since I raised a ticket, hopefully will get a reply soon enough and they can add the quest to my log, where is should be sitting right now

What class are you playing, Valatour?

I went through Tortage a month or two ago as a Herald of Xotli. I always finish up all the quests there before I leave, but I could not pick up Tarisha's and Valerius' quests. I looked it up and I am 100% certain I met all the pre-reqs, but I could not get it. I asked in Global if they had somehow removed that part of the game, and I talked to a person that had completed those very quests a few days ago.

Could it be related to class, or perhaps the order you do the quests in?
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    What class are you playing, Valatour?

I went through Tortage a month or two ago as a Herald of Xotli. I always finish up all the quests there before I leave, but I could not pick up Tarisha's and Valerius' quests. I looked it up and I am 100% certain I met all the pre-reqs, but I could not get it. I asked in Global if they had somehow removed that part of the game, and I talked to a person that had completed those very quests a few days ago.

Could it be related to class, or perhaps the order you do the quests in?
    Ahh, nice to see an Exalted tag, spent some time there many years ago.

HoX too, for my sins rerolled the exact same class as I deleted all that time ago :P I will assume it could well be that then, though as none of the precursor quests are class specific this would be a bug rather then intended game mechanic. Like you, I have looked about and met all the pre-reqs, though couldn't see anything specifically HoX related while doing that.

Hopefully will get a response from my ticket (5 hours plus now), and they can add it to my quest log so I can continue chain.

Resolved - GM confirmed all pre req quests were complete and quest not available was a bug, and he put quest into my log. Excellent service when it finally arrived.

Glad he was able to fix it. Hopefully he'll write a bug report on it so it can be fixed later.

I am sad to say Exalted is very much dead, I am the only active member, my reason for staying is mostly that I have not yet found a guild I want to join. Oh, and I do love the Exalted city.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast