Thread: Mount Quests - Oldworld and New

Default Mount Quests - Oldworld and New

Just starting a thread for information on how / where to get the quests for the various mounts in this game. There is a nice mount comparison already in the German forums.

Will put in walkthroughs of the quests as time permits.

Stygian Halfbreed - Swift horse that does NOT need advanced Riding, Renown lvl 15 quest. Costs 200G + basic book. Under 80? Usable by f2p, however gold is unattainable by F2P.
    Basic Riding only
    -20 Stagger

Quest: A Worthy Rider.

Tarpani Stallion - Tortured Armoured Horse Mount - Renown 20 Tainted stygian horse. Character level Requires LVL 60

Quest giver in guild city called The Unseen. Only MALE creature in this game (u can check if inclined)
    Need BASIC riding only by description
    Need to pay Rithriall 200G to obtain the knowledge when you visit him.
    -35 Stagger
    590 Protection

Quest: Howles in the Wind, most of the quest is done in Atzels aproach
    Last edited by Vaere; 25th June 2013 at 18:09.

Default Stygian Halfbreed and Tarpani Stalion

These 2 mounts are quest mounts from the Renown system and require you to be in a guild with the appropriate level renown to obtain the quest line.

Stygian Halfbreed

Quest: A Worthy Rider

Part 1- A Rumor's Source
    A warrior in my home city shared with me a rumor about a most unusual war horse. According to her, a Stygian stable has allegedly bred a horse that is fearsome on the battlefield, but will only accept riders of some esteem. She thought I would qualify, being as renowned as I am.

To pursue this rumor, I should seek out the stables of Khemi. There they will surely know of any such developments in Stygia's horse breeding.

- Speak to Khin-Astennu at the Stable Master near the traders. Cost 200G

Tarpani Stalion
    Quest: Howls in the Wind

Part1: In Pursuit
    A huntress in my city recommended that I hunt a strange creature said to haunt the mountain pass owned by the bandit-lord Atzel, known as Atzel's Approach. Legend has it that its cries sound like those of a woman in mourning and it thunders like the hooves of an entire cavalry, yet leaves no tracks in the snow.

The huntress gave me a letter to bring to Servia, who camps (Aelfrif Camp) in the Approach, so that she may tell me more about the creature.

Part2: In Pursiut II

A huntress in my city recommended that I hunt a strange creature said to haunt the mountain pass owned by the bandit-lord Atzel, known as Atzel's Approach. Legend has it that its cries sound like those of a woman in mourning and it thunders like the hooves of an entire cavalry, yet leaves no tracks in the snow. The huntress sent me to Servia, who had heard its cries.

Unfortunately, she knew no more about it, and instead pointed me east, towards the gorge where a scout named Mairin patrols.

Part 3: The Smell of Blood

Mairin, a scout in the wilds.

She said her horses had been killed by something strange in the night, but her duties prevent her from hunting it down. It is up to me to investigate. I should start by examining the prey's remains. (remains are right next to her)

Part 4: The Smell of Blood II

She said her horses had been killed by something strange in the night, but her duties prevent her from hunting it down. I found the remains of the creature's meal and must follow the trail of blood from them to wherever the creature's lair may lie.
    Go into the SOLO instance near where the horse is - Old Barrow - This instance may be difficult if you are only geard in old world.

Part V: Echoing Cries

Her horses had been killed by something strange in the night, but her duties prevent her from hunting it down. I followed the trail of blood from the remains to the creature's lair. I must now find it, though I cannot fathom why Atzel's mercenaries crowd the tunnels of a dangerous beast.

Part VI: Breaker of Spirits
    I followed the trail of blood from the remains to the creature's lair. It turned out to be a tormented horse of some kind, under the thrall of a Hyperborean master. I should slay them both and return to Mairin.

Part VII: Cryptic Results
    I slew them both, but the master had a significant-looking scroll in Hyperborean. I should report my success, and the mysterious scroll, to Mairin. Perhaps she will know what to do next.

Part VIII: Better Left Unread

Mairin said that Rithriall, the chief in the Mountain Hunting Lodge, is able to read Hyperborean and would probably be willing to help.

Part IX: A Question of Conscience
    I followed the rumor of a fantastical prey to the gorge of Atzel's Approach. I followed the trail of blood from the remains of a scout's horses to the creature's lair. It turned out to be a tormented horse of some kind, under the thrall of a Hyperborean master. When the master dropped a significant-looking scroll in foreign runes, I took it to Rithriall, a good man known to study Hyperborean.

Unfortunately, the 'awful' things contained within the scroll compelled him to burn it, and he refuses to share what he learned from it for less than a king's ransom. I suspect he believes I will not be able to afford his price of two hundred gold and give up on my quest. I will prove him wrong.

Part X: The Iron Bridle
    At length, piles of gold persuaded him to share the knowledge within.
    It seems that the Hyperborean mercenaries were developing a stronger horse for Atzel, called Tarpani. It also seems a Tarpani stallion was sent as a gift to Torumjumala, the overseer of the Temple of Thurga excavation in the Eiglophian Mountains.
    I should find Torumjumala and relieve him of the stallion before it bonds with him. The first step will be to find Torumjumala and his stables.

Part XII: The Iron Bridle III
    I slew Torumjumala and freed his stallion, who then bonded with me. It is indeed a stronger horse by far than the usual, as though its very flesh were armor, and does not frighten easily. I should find it easy to stay in the saddle, even in the heat of battle.
    Last edited by Vaere; 25th June 2013 at 18:08.

Default Khitia Mounts / Pet quests

Hyrkanian Horses -
    50G for the Adv Manual
    , 60G for the Khitan Riding Manual
    , 50 for the Horse and a lot of grinding since you need also 800 marks of acclaim

Wolf Mount -
    - Wolves Lvl 4 standing
    - Advanced Riding = 50 Gold
    - Eastern Riding = 300 MoA, 20 Gold
    - Horsehair blanket = 800 MoA, 10 Gold
    Tiger Mount -
    - Tamarin Tigers Lvl 4 standing
    - Advanced Riding = 50 Gold
    - Eastern Riding = 300 MoA, 20 Gold
    - Horsehair blanket = 800 MoA, 10 Gold
    Last edited by Vaere; 18th June 2013 at 15:04.

Just FYI the Tarpani stallion is not really undead Poor thing is just "conditioned" in a very special manner.

Yeah I know, disappointing, I wanted for it to be undead too
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Just FYI the Tarpani stallion is not really undead Poor thing is just "conditioned" in a very special manner.

Yeah I know, disappointing, I wanted for it to be undead too
    with fire trails when it runs
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    with fire trails when it runs
    well it wouldn't be against the lore...

"On a black camel he came, riding like the wind, and an unholy fire played about him, the cloven tracks of the camel glowed in the darkness. When Natohk dismounted before Set's shrine by the oasis of Aphaka, the best swept into the night and vanished. And I have talked to the tribesmen who swore that it suddenly spread gigantic wings and rushed upwards into the clouds, leaving a trail of fire behind it".

- REH, Black Colossus
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    well it wouldn't be against the lore...

"On a black camel he came, riding like the wind, and an unholy fire played about him, the cloven tracks of the camel glowed in the darkness. When Natohk dismounted before Set's shrine by the oasis of Aphaka, the best swept into the night and vanished. And I have talked to the tribesmen who swore that it suddenly spread gigantic wings and rushed upwards into the clouds, leaving a trail of fire behind it".

- REH, Black Colossus
    i know, its why i said about the fire trails
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    i know, its why i said about the fire trails
    more like UNHOLY fire trails,

Know your Conan lore or I will take away your club membership card
    Retired