Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Spine & Rares

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    well there are enough solo inis with rares as reward.

btw i dont agree that the mobs in dragon spine are hard i was there with my offline lvled nec so..lvl 80 with lvl 30 equip...did just fine
    Try it on offline levelled ranger or sin with lvl 30 gear and you might have different opinion

But yeah, DS mobs are same level as Paikang basically, although seemed a little easier than most mobs there to me.

i know nec is pretty easy, my point was that if its hard for offline lvled char than its ok, your own choice to do it :P if it would be too hard for lvl 80 blue geared chars that could be a problem but it isnt so..difficulty is fine

paikang is more difficult in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    this is really sad. I hope in the near future FC will make the area more attractive. I mean come on there are snake mans there they must make it more attractive
    Unfortunatelly Funcom didnt learn their lesson from the fail of Turan playfield.
    The solo quest line in DS is really great, but DS playfield content lacks repeatable content.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Yep, new blues are better than old purples. It's like with MtG cards - new ones require less mana and are more powerful
    true!!

SDS has the best quests in the game (if you like mysteries and HPL) and gives the epic flute, which hopefully will serve some purpose in the future.
    it has its use even now: to do something while waiting for people in raid or while the rl explains the tactic...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Yep, new blues are better than old purples. It's like with MtG cards - new ones require less mana and are more powerful
    Just two letters: P9 . You can also add to the list: sol ring and true duals. And that's only a couple of counter-examples to begin with, heh.

Now, back to the topic, you can already solo farm 10-12 rares a day. That's more than enough, and it already takes around an hour for the complete tour. More than an hour of daily solo play, almost exclusively dedicated to rare farming, would be excessive.

I wouldn't mind more solo content for vanity, mats, or AA, though.

Don't listen to the misguided, Dragonspine has the best questline since Turan.

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post
    I wouldn't mind more solo content for vanity, mats
    We have lots of that and it's called low level instances. Not much for aa though.

Just two letters: P9 . You can also add to the list: sol ring and true duals. And that's only a couple of counter-examples to begin with, heh.
    Super rare artifacts are one thing, but the potential of damage spells and creatures was greatly increased since I played "paper" MtG for the first time (somewhere around 1999). I remember very expensive cards (2/2 creatures with no skills for 3 mana etc.), while now even creatures for 1 mana have some special skills. I'm playing DotP 2013 and you have stuff like 4/5 or 2/3 with deathtouch/flying/lifelink, both for 3 mana. Or Vexing Devil for 1 mana... I don't remember stuff like that from way back.

Now, back to the topic, you can already solo farm 10-12 rares a day. That's more than enough, and it already takes around an hour for the complete tour. More than an hour of daily solo play, almost exclusively dedicated to rare farming, would be excessive.
    Right now we have an 80+ area that becomes obsolete as soon as you get the flute, run SotW a few times and see you can't even get a full blue armor set...

I wouldn't mind more solo content for vanity, mats, or AA, though.
    Also - achievements/lore. It's sad we don't have lore codex in a game with such good writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Unfortunatelly Funcom didnt learn their lesson from the fail of Turan playfield.
    The solo quest line in DS is really great, but DS playfield content lacks repeatable content.
    The storyline and quests really do look and sound great at first glance, but when you have to search the whole map fighting tons of "no-fun-no-rewards" high level mob pulls or miss a script trigger, because someone else just killed a certain mob, it gets kind of annoying instead. At best nice to do it once and see what SDS is about...but on more than one toon?

In the good old days dangerous zones far away from civilization had the best rewards...now you walk into the next "unfriendly" neighbourhood pagoda at the roadside, with shops, trader and other repeatables nearby, fight a bit and rinse and repeat that

Dragonspine is only premium now. So funcom should ask itself the question: "What content in Dragonspine would make players choose a sub compared to Turan and Old world instances/T1?"
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd May 2013 at 13:26.

it has already been suggested in the past to add a kind of "stygian army" faction in dragonspine, and make quests give moa's too as reward...
    moreover, that faction could also give some specific set of armor... for example, the 1st thing that comes to my mind would be a wisdom & combat rating set specific for dps dt's...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I wish FC let Stygians have DT option. to me, they're the most likely candidate for the DT role considering the amount of magic freely thrown about down there and the size of their standing armies would surely supply a few rogue 'guards' with a new career choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast