Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plague Swarm, Infestation and FTW

Default Plague Swarm, Infestation and FTW

Hi

How do they interact ?

From what I understand Plague Swarm seems to damage the target and inflict Flesh to Worms that will infect near targets.

So if I cast FTW (and have infestaion traited) on a target infected with Plague of Worms what will happen ? Will the infection spread twice ?

Thanks

First, you dont need feat Infestation to make Plague Swarm work, Infestation is a passivly procing dot, which could apply on targets with no FtW running while they passing next to guy with FtW. The chance of FtW to spread out as Infestation to others 10% per point invested. Tho while Infestation have same duration as FtW, it just doing only ~half of FtW damage.

Secondly, if you cast Plague Swarm on target which have either FtW or Infestation running on it, then it will result in infecting people within ~5m area by ur FtW's. The catch is, that u dont need to have your own FtW running, and u can use for this needs any other's necro dot spells as well, besides Infestation dot working fine for this sake as good as FtW. There also additional bonus if you cast Plague Swarm on person affected by others dots, that besides spreading FtW it will make ur FtW appear as well on target person.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sementu View Post
    Hi

How do they interact ?

From what I understand Plague Swarm seems to damage the target and inflict Flesh to Worms that will infect near targets.

So if I cast FTW (and have infestaion traited) on a target infected with Plague of Worms what will happen ? Will the infection spread twice ?

Thanks
    flesh the worms
    (rank 5 at lvl80)
    coef= 0.0915
    lasts 40 seconds with aa's

infestation(coef =0.0433), your ftw can spead to adjacent targets with a new dot with same icon called infestion wich lasts 30.

the buff blasphemy makes ftw do double ticks, have no idea if this happens to infestation as well.

currently plagued swarm is only worth it for black ring citadel ring raids, it is highly situationnal in pvp and cast is long.

plague swarm has a low crit chance and renews ftw on target to old world pre aa's ftw duration of 30 seconds wich currently with aa's is 40 seconds +2-4 more seconds with necrotic pustle feat.
    any targets near upon completing cast of plague swarm they will be infected with 30 seconds and not 40-44seconds of ftw.

wich means it infects adjacent targets with flesh to worms with lower duration then normal one with aa's.

now will happen soon that infestation will get a new icon distinct from flesh to worms and the duration of ftw will get reduced along with inf to 20 seconds, so possibly plague swarm will go from not very usefull to usefull will need to test it in new form.

reguardless of these changes and my own opinion of plague swarm, best way to profit from ftw+infestation and other dots is tactical dotting of everything that moves, in pve this will allow you to deal better dps via dots on multiple targets and to also lower your agro, also the more targets who are infected with flesh to worms each can infect adjacent targets with infestation.

bear inmind each necros infestation is unique and even if multiple targets are afected by ftw they wont stack infestation from being infected by multiple targets simply infestation will get refreshed each time its "reinfected".

same for flesh to worms, but each necro will be able to place both flesh to worms+infestation individualy, so if 2 necros are atacking same target you might see 4 of same icon with 2 being 40 seconds ftw and 2 being 30 secs infestation.

there are 2 encounters ingame wich infestation isnt your friend, in chata last boss in w2 brc because the boss infected with flesh to worms will infects adds with reflective damage shield with infestation wich will kill you, and in emperor t4, the golems getting infected with infestation from boss as they spawn can get you initial agro and premature death in that fight.

pretty much infestation is usefull in pvp and exclusively in multiple targets/aoe based fights where mid encounter you need to kill multiple mobs, else skip this 5 points has no relevance in single target fights.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I do agree about pve and infestation is quite useless in most cases to feat it for pve sake.

Tho I disagree to ur Noite opinion about Plague Swarm, I cant get why u still sticking to mhm 2008 version of Plague Swarm? And even futher misinforming ppl there. The information about spreading not upgraded worms is false, if u have 40 sec worms feated, then ur Plague Swarm will spread 40 sec worms for everyone same power as yours originals.

Besides Plague Swarm very decent spell for pvp, if u use it right, its not any situational, I normally use it almost by cooldown if the fight is ongoing actively. In PvE it good since u dont need recast ur FtW after first time, or dont need cast FtW at all if have other necros in raid.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 19th April 2014 at 15:24.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    I do agree about pve and infestation is quite useless in most cases to feat it for pve sake.

Tho I disagree to ur Noite opinion about Plague Swarm, I cant get why u still sticking to mhm 2008 version of Plague Swarm? And even futher misinforming ppl there. The information about spreading not upgraded worms is false, if u have 40 sec worms feated, then ur Plague Swarm will spread 40 sec worms for everyone same power as yours originals.

Besides Plague Swarm very decent spell for pvp, if u use it right, its not any situational, I normally use it almost by cooldown if the fight is ongoing actively. In PvE it good since u dont need recast ur FtW after first time, or dont need cast FtW at all if have other necros in raid.
    This dude is correct. The spreadable FTW from Plague Swarm is always 40 seconds for me. Spell is great for pve for spreading the worms. Cast time is exactly the same as an Ice Strike. Not sure why a ton of people are on that Noite bandwagon.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

In PvE it good since u dont need recast ur FtW after first time, or dont need cast FtW at all if have other necros in raid.
    Its not a good spell.
    to further increase dps you use flesh to worms redundantly to spawn parasite skulls from sw, so using a spell to reaply single target isnt any good, also has same duration as icestrike is fail given icestrike always hits harder.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

. The information about spreading not upgraded worms is false, if u have 40 sec worms feated, then ur Plague Swarm will spread 40 sec worms for everyone same power as yours originals
    to be fair when i tested this out main tests was on a toon without any aa's, you say that with aa's it spreads with same timer granted by aa's i believe you.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

If u remove casttime of ftw cast itself which u have to do if not using Plague Swarm, then it will have just 1.5 sec castime, so dpswise it will be on par with icestrike.

Im quite rarely using parasitic skulls buff from SW, so its not an issue for me.

Just tested it again in few premades, rly how can u say it bad for pvp? So om nom nom thingie :>
    Cripples gonna cripple

If u remove time of ftw cast itself which u have to do if not using Plague Swarm, then it will have just 1.5 sec castime, so dpswise it will be on par with icestrike.

Im quite rarely using parasitic skulls buff from SW, so its not an issue for me.

Just tested it again in few premades, rly how can u say it bad for pvp? So om nom nom thingie :>
    about pve not using skulls sw buff you should change that they are extremely eficient boost in dps particularly with a tos in group, about pvp have a chat with torilius he will explain it better then.

to be honest i noticed in ce all the fury russians using plague swarm in the stupidest possible moments on single targets with no one near, in pug minigames yeah sure those ideal moments they all get tight together it should prove worth it, but i trust my icestrike everytime everywhere to be better then plague swarm it does triple the damage on main hit+splash.

if it fits your gameplay use it, it just doesnt fit me and in pve its waste of time apart from brc trashmobs inferno and bosses with multiple mobs like seruah.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Well none of teammates complained to mine necro gaming, so I think plague swarm fits it well :>

Idk if u have any serious pvp experience on necro lately, I personelly played it as premade main for last year or smth, after figured that demo weak for that sake. And I can say, Plague Swarm in right time, could be way more effiecient than any ice strike. Comparing it to Ice Strike is just wrong, coz it have whole diffrent aims and reasoning for using.

As for pve skulls, ofc I guess could work nice with tos, we been parsing with midaen tos is giving quite significant increase for pets (managed to get ~1k increase), but kinda never relaed on advanced class synergies in pve, since never needed. Tho afaik, u can get this skulls not only from ftw but also by others spells as well, never researched that aspect.

P.S. Failing russians are just copycats who failing, so using them as judgement point is completly wrong.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 19th April 2014 at 21:04.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast