Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why no T3.5 raids?

T3.5 is the last edge between pros and masses. I like there is something out there for "good player" feel better with themselves now that even worst players are able to go to T4.

PD: I'm not even among the masses I consider myself to be rabble.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 1st April 2014 at 07:10.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Yep yep yep.

T3.5 is not harder than t4, it appears as such because players have been farming t4 for ages and can do it on autopilot, while they barely ever stepped into t3.5.

So for most players, t3.5 is like a new instance they're not familiar with.

With pratice, t3.5 takes around 45 min to clear, being with mains or alts.

So it's not about loot or difficulty, it's exactly the same thing that happens with HMs, people farm KK and monastery to death instead of going for Ai and other instances.

People just stick to what they're used to.
    Exactly! Which is very sad imho. Now, I only need to fight the Lurker and the Bat to have done everything in game, but I don't think it's gonna happen, and that is why I got hooked on the idea of 12 man raids.

Yes, 12 man's will probably not be as complicated as a 24 raid, but it's easier getting 12 people (Who actually likes new challenges) together than 24 (Especially in a small community such as AOC).

Well I guess this is what we get for having a game that allows people to gear up without going outside Mona/Palace.

What is truly ****ed is the fact that K6 gear is better and more easily obtainable than T3 gear (T3 gear should have the better stats or atleast have 1 or 2 unique raid stats like pvp stats for pvp gear).
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 1st April 2014 at 07:16.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

The thing is this is t 3.5... not t4. So why is it harder then t4.
    That simply doesnt make sense.

Then you got the fact that the gear drop rate is stupid low.

The only thing they got right with this instance is that the gear is better then t3 and worse then t4. Thats it!!

Ya i know ppl dont want it nerfed cuz its hard. Problem is its 3.5... not t4.5 or t5.

You want hard then bitch at funcom about the next tier of raids.

Bitching about something thats been poorly implemented from the start just doesnt make sense.

FYI i dont do t3.5. I cant do it with my guild ( I wish i could.
    Nerf or not it wont affect me. I just think and have always thought this instance was poorly implemented. Thats where my comments come from.

The number of answers here doesn't represent the population of AoC it seems ^^

The thing is any fight in t3,5 with working tactics is not harder than emperor,zodiac or even general from Jade Citadel you can clear it in an hour but ppl are used to t4 loop so of course if you dont go there wipe some times or get used to new fights it will feel hard.But in reality its not.
    IVORY TOWER

I did Erlik 7 times after revamp (bat killed 4 times including 1 1-shot ) and guess what? We never saw new accessories, new weapons dropped, but accessories drop rate is a joke. Most of t3.5 loot gear rots anyway as people already are close to full t4 and don't want to loose dkp if they can get much better t4 gear easily. No wonder people again cease to sign up for t3.5 and we do it once every few weeks now instead of every week like just after revamp.

With current difficulty level compared to hardest t4 bosses t3,5 is basically waste of time. You can do it few times to prove you can do it, but then there is no reason to go there.

I always wanted Erlik to become t4 with stats upgraded and being alternative to Jade Citadel gear, for example improved version of healers' Yag-Kosha set or improved Summoners set for mages. I would even agree to close Erlik for f2p players if you afraid they could get the best gear in game without paying.

What I can agree about that the loot in T3.5 is unattractive atm or at least most of it needs buffing up so it becomes good enough alternative for T4 loot.
    There are some awesome drops from the new accessories like that protection necklace for tanks or conq sword but in general not all the drops are attractive enough and thats where the problem lies.

Its not about the difficulty, the difficulty is perfect in T3.5, the fights about control and team play, very well designed mechanics that a are way more fun than some T4 bosses, even the trash is way more interesting than the stupid T4 trash mobs for example.

What should be done is to make all the accessories and weapons desirable for ppl that are full t4, and give them 100% drop chance each time, not as it is now.

And forget about nerfs, it wont fix anything, so stop crying.
    Last edited by Redd; 1st April 2014 at 10:25.

Finding it very strange how people here, apparently seasoned raiders, are asking for nerfs to T3.5. Isn't AoC screaming for new content and challenges? Haven't people been whining about T4 past Emperor being too easy; too much loot for too little effort?

If so, you'd think a solid challenge would be a good thing, and more important than getting a few extra stats and getting a teensy bit higher numbers on your parser...

It's particularly interesting when you look at how say wow players ceaselessly complain about "casualization" and "scrubs" being able to raid in their game.

If you increase loot chance, people will just raid it a couple months until they got what they want and never come back. Not a solution.

But if we refer to the comments on T3.5 (not only on this thread), it's "very well designed mechanics" and "fun" etc... Isn't it enough reason to raid this instance ? Do people need more and more loots carrot to bother with this ?

I think there's a little contradiction here.
    - Or Erlik Temple is a good raid tiers, making people interested at doing it.
    - Or Erlik Temple is not a good raid and only increasing the rewards can emulate a glimpse of interest from players.

Feedback must be accurate on that matter, or it will just consume devtime for nothing more than another thread like this 3 months laters.
    (Even though i doubt they will change again and again Erlik, focus must be aimed towards new raid, not trying desesperatly to fix old ones)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast