Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make use of useless pets

Default Make use of useless pets

Most of the pets in this game is pure collectables. Yes its fun to collect WBs and some other pets, but why do they disappear as soon as I actually engage a fight. Why in earths name would i just wanna run around doing nothing looking at my pet? How did you Funcomers think here? Why not make use of all useless pets? How about a questline or something to upgrade your pets. Im not talking about major upgrade, but at least make them give you a buff or make them melees. It doesnt have to be huge dps, just make use of the tons of useless pets. I dont care how, just please do it.

Do you guys out there have a better idea, pls share!

In any game pets are juste collectable fancies, so do AoC.
    Honestly, nobody cared about them before they were spreaded among new content in great quantities. I think they must stay like this, horizontal progression just for collection and achievement purposes.

How pets which disappear as soon as you enter combat or cannot be spawned inside instances can give you anything?
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

It used to be that you could cast your pets during raids and such...then the lag got so bad that they limited the raid options on social pets to just allowing veteran pets to be cast.

People already complain about necro pets causing lag issues in game: if you get 24 plus social pets with all the animations its just going to make the raid have more DCs and lag issues and some fights really need to have the particles turned on.

I think you shouldn't be allow to cast pet in raid, minis or dungeons for the aforementioned reasons, but they should not disappear when in combat. Animations and/or small melee damage, similar or a bit below the wolf/tiger pet would be nice.

These damage are completely insignificant in solo play anyway, it's not like that would unbalance anything.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    In any game pets are juste collectable fancies, so do AoC.
    Honestly, nobody cared about them before they were spreaded among new content in great quantities. I think they must stay like this, horizontal progression just for collection and achievement purposes.
    Yes. I dont really care about social pets being "combat pets" at all. But even the social pets should stay on when you enter combat and/or change map/instance like in other games.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Btw I have recently seen a pet which looks like the HM mobs on The Little Prince (Vile Nativity) encounter...are those are from UC caches? I have never seen those before.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Yeah. I would have loved it to have my hyena pet fighting alongside me in PvE. Not crazy damage, just for example the same damage as a Kara Korum Hyena.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Yeah. I would have loved it to have my hyena pet fighting alongside me in PvE. Not crazy damage, just for example the same damage as a Kara Korum Hyena.
    Way to high damage for a combat pet, IMO. It's a collectible pet for fun, I don't think it should be that noticeable on a parse. Have you seen the ridiculous damage the full grown wolf pet or tiger pet does ? Hyena should be on par with that, not higher.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    It used to be that you could cast your pets during raids and such...then the lag got so bad.....
    Aye, remember that vividly but still was fun to see the "zoo" while waiting for a raid to be completed I miss that.

Cheers Euklid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast