Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New characters vs. Old characters

I have two full t4 dts an old one(2009) and a new one(late 2011)

I recollect on the new one delibaretaly chosing the 1.answer on destiny quest (attack rating that is if i remember correctly)
    while on the old one i have made a mix of answers.

Now both of these toons naked in the same specc with no aas on, have 22.6 dps in def and 25.smt in frenzy with base stats identical(strength,con,wis etc) They have identical regenerations as well.

The thing is on the old one when i undressed him it kept showing me 35.6 dps in frenzy and 31.smt in def.i had to make an area change for the numbers to stabilize(relog didnt help either).

Now the weird part is that if i dress them with identical armor/accesories the new one keep showing a 0.2 dps benefit in stats.it is ofc neglactable but there.

Now on the issue of great aggro of new/less geared tanks dont forget the hidden 'dmg' aggro coeeficient meaning a tank that takes more dmg in general generates a bit more aggro.
    Last edited by sardanapal; 3rd November 2013 at 17:52.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I choosed stamina regen...I'm sad now.
    Every ranger chose stamina regen because ANYTHING that could help with OOS was necessary.
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    Now the weird part is that if i dress them with identical armor/accesories the new one keep showing a 0.2 dps benefit in stats.it is ofc neglactable but there.
    Maybe the damage bonus is %weapon damage, not +attack rating? That might possibly explain the difference. Maybe test it with being naked on both DTs and holding the same weapon? Any difference then?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Although I have't noteaced any really aggro issues on my guard, sometimes I have really strange bug where my guard takes a lot more physical damage then it is supposed to despite being full T4/AA... Like there is an armor bug or something? A friend of mine had the same experience on his guard.

Apparently (although not confirmed) the fix for that is to go out and take off all of your weapons and armor and re enter the instance.
    I have this issue on my Demo, only instead of agro, I have dps problems. I find that if I take all my gear off and put it back on I will find at least one, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 that I cannot re-equip. So I have to leave the instance and return to be able to equip the armor/weapon. This always fixes my dps issues. ( I guess you could call it agro issues as I usually pull when everything is working properly.. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Maybe the damage bonus is %weapon damage, not +attack rating? That might possibly explain the difference. Maybe test it with being naked on both DTs and holding the same weapon? Any difference then?
    In answering your question both dts naked in same speccc with no aas or buffs on and only equiped with t4 dt sword have exact dps 140.4 in def, 217 in frenzy so even tough they did make different choices in destiny quest that doesnt seem to reflect as +%weapon damage. On top of that hit rating,armor,regenarations are exactly the same so i fail to prove any noticeable difference depending destiny quest choices.
    Last edited by sardanapal; 4th November 2013 at 07:17.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Bumping this thread since I had a disturbing conversation with a assassin friend last week.

He did >2 hours of testing on his sins:
    - His main sin a male Aquilonian, which is full T4 including weapons and accessories and full AA created in the start of the game.
    - His alt sin, a female Khitain, almost full BB, mix of T3 and khitai weapons+accessories and decent AAs.

His alt sin had almost 10% more dps with inferior gear! (2400 vs. 2600)
    With the same gear and stats it was even >15%! (2200 vs. 2600)

This is a huge difference and there is no way this can be explained by the Destiny quest choices. We were discussing male vs. female animations (IIRC that got fixed right?) or maybe it's the Khitain race which is a bit more up-to-date.
    Either way I would like to maybe get a explanation from a dev since it seems (judging by earlier posts in this topic) there are no players that know how this can be explained.

The difference in damage is so big that it makes the difference between a decent player and a good one. It makes me wonder if there are maybe a lot of excellent players out there that get outdpsed by mediocre players that just have better toons...
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 7th April 2014 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    So I have been wondering about this a bit because several of my friends have mentioned this now and they are pretty sure.

Do old characters have a disadvantage against new characters? Specifically tanks.

Example: one guard (full fearless, full AA) that is now F2P plays on a account of a friend to help us out on Emperor. (guard of friend is full T3, half AA) He claims he has more aggro on that guard then on his own guard which should be surperior in every way.
    The T3 set gives moore aggro man ... so its normal , fearless set works moore arround crit to get aggro , i have the T4 guard set and dont have any issue in getting or maintaining aggro of new or old chars , and my char is from start of game

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post

Example2: One DT (Full T4, Full AA) plays on his alt DT that is about 1.5 years younger then his main. (january 2010 vs july 2011)
    His alt DT has Khitai gear T1 sword, no hate/crit legs. His main should be surperior in aggro on every single way but he claims to have the same aggro on his alt as he has on his main. He thinks it might have changed after Khitai came out.
    you cant realy answer this question with the low data provided ...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drago View Post
    The T3 set gives moore aggro man ... so its normal , fearless set works moore arround crit to get aggro , i have the T4 guard set and dont have any issue in getting or maintaining aggro of new or old chars , and my char is from start of game

you cant realy answer this question with the low data provided ...
    Suuure T3 has more aggro. I bet that is because of the taunt- and perception skill right?

The sin in the last post actually has quite a lot of data. >2 hours of testing with the same results. He is now going to try to set up macroes so his comborotation is exactly the same every moment on both chars.

Ps. By T4 guard set you mean Fearless I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I choosed stamina regen...I'm sad now.
    You should not be. Funcom will fix the broken near-endless stamina someday!

Maybe this bug has something to do with the Taunt skill? For example, someone had 10 points in it instead of the maximum value when Funcom destroyed the skills in the game.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123