Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple Lotus, Lachiesh Plains, Poitain, Ideas!

I would like to see mass battles with npc army/groups perhaps as a raid with waves of enenmy attacking guild cities or just even an open field. Perhaps throw in a real hard epic boss general too.

Need to be random so the type of enemy changes and from where they attack differs.

Should also have random drop of epics like a raid from a random npc. Sometimes one drop sometimes 3.

To start it like a raid with raid leader similar to the 24 man instances.

Also be cool to have 3 man instances small instance that covers the land completing different tasks. Like a mini raid but again random not like BRC and HM's where everyone knows whats going to happen!

My thoughts anyways.

1. Leave them as they are and change the resource nodes into nodes of the new types. For completely new content requiring empty zones, we have the border kingdoms.

2. If the current quests are to go, there is enough space to add cultural factions starting there (the gear models are there, the enemies and locations are all there, too).

Poitan:
    - Aquilonian nobles (based in the castle, might even work together with the campsites opposing conan)
    - Auilonian villagers (based in the village)
    Purple Lotus:
    - Stygian villagers (based in the village obviously)
    - Black ring outcasts/rebels (based near the demon worshippers)
    Laceish:
    - Cimmerian villagers
    - Picts

Each faction can offer quests leading throughout the world with cooldowns and offer crafting related rewards and their shops could offer tools and cultural gear. Later a more complicated quest line could be added (e.g. finding out why the picts are driven out, bringing both factions to a common finisher, finding out that a spell gone wrong and something broke loose in the demon infested area or a nobles plot to bring down conan masterminded by a stygian sorcerer allied with mercenaries in the ravine.

Imagine the quest lines from the factions involving first a few gathering, fetch and carry missions around the resource zones and the neighbouring normal ones, leading into the group scaling one and finally bringing one big boss down into the zone attacking the village.

Depending on how far players progress in the quest lines, the more dangerous the encounters can become while gathering.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th May 2013 at 19:28.

Reposted in the new thread:

• PVE Sieges: When a guild city hits Renown Level 21+, NPC armies will be drawn to its riches. Assault camps and NPC cities/keeps will be built over several weeks, culminating in attacks on the player city. Players can delay the attack by attacking the camps; the longer the NPC siege is delayed, the more valuable the NPC drops are. During the actual siege, the NPC army, commanders, and town can be defeated for nice loot.
    • Random boss monster spawns or quests: a big dragon; a zombie army; a traveling caravan that can be rescued or attacked
    • Allow the entire zone to be developed into one city or network of cities by a single guild: roads, "player houses" (just cosmetic ... or not??), large cosmetic-only buildings like apartment buildings and bazaars. (Alternatively: consolidate all the guild cities so there are 3 per zone. Then allow build-up of mutually usuable -- for profit? -- resources like wagoneers, etc.)
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Player Housing. It's already set for that since the zones contain Guild Cities. Make cities smaller for player housing OR have personal 'apartments' within guild cities..

Wink

Hi all,

My idea is about investment, some kind of auto farming. We can invest in miners, tools, m2 of land, etc then we can sell resources in order to achieve a steady income of gold. After all, it is a land of resources. Economy is very important.

For this areas, we need something that invite the players to go there just not for gathering resources, more activities like hunting an animal which must be summoned with an item from another location. I.E a fruit dropped in Chosain (during a HM, a quest, a npc wandering around, whatever) let you summon in a specific resource area a mob which will drop something useful or a piece of vanity gear.

Bring another utility for tracking skill of the rangers and/or add skills which must be used altogether by different classes. A ranger tracks, a necro take the soul from an animal which must be used to invoke something, demo has to put something on fire, DT has to bring his evil forces and combine the holy forces in order to bring something. My point is an activity that depends of a group with many classes otherwise it is not possible to complete it.

Add Player Housing Plan and simple. I know it would be a lot of work on the team but it would pay off in the end. This would open so much more content as well add more thing in the cash shop to keep this GREAT game going for another 5 Years.

This is probably a bit ambitious, but how about using the zones for player placed temporary structures and items. An example of this already exists with the campfire item that can be bought from vendors in guild cities.

Just extend the length of time the item is in the world. An hour, Two, three, whatever. Just about any item that already has a model could be used and PvP, PvE and RP folks could use the system.

For example, use items such as broken columns to create a set of ruins for use as a PvP battle arena or as a place for RP.

The closest equivalent I can think of was the Storyteller System in the old Star Wars Galaxies.

This way players could create their own events.
    -There are things in the deep desert that could not be imagined even in the nightmares of a thousand madmen.-

And the housing system was very nice too in Star War Galaxy.

So ... HOUSING with instance for the inside part of the house, where you can drop some item.

It will bring new item to farm, craft, or buy in your shop, Funcom.
    think about ...

Everybody knows PvP sieging in AOC. I said different thing. My suggestion revokes siege for PvP server. Every guild has Guild City, why we need another guild city for PvP? Sieges can transform actual guild cities with different ways. It might be 6v6, 12v12 or 1v1 fight which is not necessary numbers. It means any player can attack enemy guild cities open attack times. It can be mixed with NPC armies like GW2. WvW wars in GW 2 are mixed with NPC and player content.
    Speaking of PvE server, they might want player house, NPC armies, boosses attack, RP event etc. This kind of suggestions are normal for PvE server. But PvP server players should want actual PvP content. These kind of suggestions natural thing for PvP server. I never understand player who wants PvE contens for PvP. (like PvP bosses !!!)
    Last edited by Grizzly; 4th June 2013 at 23:42.

1)open world PVP objectives
    2)something for PVE crowd
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast