Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    Needing the full rez is situational. Nearly all aoe damage can be avoided. Those points have better ROI elsewhere.
    lol! I don't know in which universe you are raiding, but there where I do that, people do make mistakes and people actually are dying!
    ...and I've seen lots of complaints from resurrected warriors when they did receive only a low-health conq res...

even in a perfect situation (i.e. noone dying) I still don't think those points are wasted! - I'd not complain vs. some more hit- and critical rating!
    (the things I sacrificed to fill my IFI actually are 1 point in iron-/stone-skin and the 6% armor increase
    - that I can easily compensate by my gear; the added resurrection-health I cannot get from any gear...)

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    lol! I don't know in which universe you are raiding, but there where I do that, people do make mistakes and people actually are dying!
    ...and I've seen lots of complaints from resurrected warriors when they did receive only a low-health conq res...

even in a perfect situation (i.e. noone dying) I still don't think those points are wasted! - I'd not complain vs. some more hit- and critical rating!
    (the things I sacrificed to fill my IFI actually are 1 point in iron-/stone-skin and the 6% armor increase
    - that I can easily compensate by my gear; the added resurrection-health I cannot get from any gear...)
    The universe I raid in is the one where very few bosses have unavoidable aoe.

In most fights, heavies dont need full rez because if they die another heavy has aggro and the one I rez has time to let his healers bring him to max health before he even has a chance of pulling aggro, unless he throws forced engage and goad out and then he deserves to die, be raidbooted, ridiculed in global and possibly banned.

In most fights, priests who are taking damage can generally look after themselves, or theyre doing something wrong.

In most fights, screw the dps, they should know better.

I have a full rez tank build for those few fights where aoe is unavoiadable and I plan to tank, and I have a really weird carnage build with full rez for when I will never be tanking. I use those builds so rarely I often wonder if I wasted the FC points buying the extra spec slot.
    I don't make points I make dents.

If you're doing T4 and low on hit rating it might have some value, particularly if you are trying to do protection fights where you tend to have to sacrifice a lot of everything to get your mitigations up high.

But for general play you can rez them to a different location and people should just know the mechanics. If they are consistently getting up and just dying again in your raids then I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they need to be educated about the mechanics and how to play rather than be constantly rescued and waste valuable resources.

Quote Originally Posted by boesch View Post
    if you're doing t4 and low on hit rating it might have some value, particularly if you are trying to do protection fights where you tend to have to sacrifice a lot of everything to get your mitigations up high.

But for general play you can rez them to a different location and people should just know the mechanics. If they are consistently getting up and just dying again in your raids then i'm going to go out on a limb here and say they need to be educated about the mechanics and how to play rather than be constantly rescued and waste valuable resources.
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    If you're doing T4 and low on hit rating it might have some value, particularly if you are trying to do protection fights where you tend to have to sacrifice a lot of everything to get your mitigations up high.

But for general play you can rez them to a different location and people should just know the mechanics. If they are consistently getting up and just dying again in your raids then I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they need to be educated about the mechanics and how to play rather than be constantly rescued and waste valuable resources.
    Totally agree. No real need to have a full rez other than for safety reasons. As long as the conq does the rez in a proper spot to avoid aoe damage and the rez'd player uses common sense on when to accept the rez to avoid an aoe mechanic, it's just not really an issue. If the rez'd player keep dieing in your raid and also dies when accepting a conq rez, they really need to be talked to about understanding wtf they are doing.

Just found this guide the other day - thanks! - but got some questions.

First about combos; assuming you're in one of the Brute tank specs linked to, there seems to be a "downtime" when you've got GoDs, FA, Bloodbath and Breach(if no sins) buffs/debuffs applied. In this downtime, is it better to use 2h combos like different ranks of FA, HoFS and Batter Aside than dualweild combos like Bloody Hack, assuming 2h and dualweild weapons and 2h weapon are about equal? How about Overwhelm, is that ever worth casting if shields are to the right, similar to Batter Aside?

Also, are there any Khitai ranks of combos a conq really needs? Seems to vary a lot between classes.

I've also heard whispers about different soldiers having different mitigation thresholds, for example that DTs need 55% mitigation to tank HMs comfortably, with reduced dmg from bosses. Is this true? And is it higher for conqs? How much makes you 'comfortable' as a conq for anything except T4?

Lastly, somewhat related, DTs seem to reach a point where they can go for more DPS while not having their tanking suffer. Like outfitting themselves with a few wisdom accessories, and of course talismans that don't give/give less mitigation. Do you ever reach this point as a conq? Like where you'd remove some of your plate gear to equip Tiger/IS pieces? Or say "hell this is just Vile, I can tank this in carnage"?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Just found this guide the other day - thanks! - but got some questions.

First about combos; assuming you're in one of the Brute tank specs linked to, there seems to be a "downtime" when you've got GoDs, FA, Bloodbath and Breach(if no sins) buffs/debuffs applied. In this downtime, is it better to use 2h combos like different ranks of FA, HoFS and Batter Aside than dualweild combos like Bloody Hack, assuming 2h and dualweild weapons and 2h weapon are about equal? How about Overwhelm, is that ever worth casting if shields are to the right, similar to Batter Aside?
    You should be using several ranks of FA as filler. I use 7 to start my rotation and get the crit bonus, then 9 for dps, and 8 as filler. If all shields are stacked upwards and you cannot maneuver to the rear, BA is good for a left side attack, but Overwhelm is underwhelming in dps. HoFs 5 if the best bet for right side attack but shouldn't be part of the basic rotation.

Also, are there any Khitai ranks of combos a conq really needs? Seems to vary a lot between classes.
    FA 9 and Bloodbath 7 are top tier for conk dps.

Lastly, somewhat related, DTs seem to reach a point where they can go for more DPS while not having their tanking suffer. Like outfitting themselves with a few wisdom accessories, and of course talismans that don't give/give less mitigation. Do you ever reach this point as a conq? Like where you'd remove some of your plate gear to equip Tiger/IS pieces? Or say "hell this is just Vile, I can tank this in carnage"?
    The reason DTs can do this is increased DPS = increased health tap = increased survivability. Conqs do not health tap so you'll pretty much never be doing this.

As a word of advice, IS is fantastic for hands, belt and boots but the rest of the set is basically rubbish. It has 'low' armour for T4 (ie: worse than T3) and the DPS in no way balances out the extra hate that fearless gives on the major pieces, or courageous on the shoulders/wrists. Overall it's a really disappointing set.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    You should be using several ranks of FA as filler. I use 7 to start my rotation and get the crit bonus, then 9 for dps, and 8 as filler. If all shields are stacked upwards and you cannot maneuver to the rear, BA is good for a left side attack, but Overwhelm is underwhelming in dps. HoFs 5 if the best bet for right side attack but shouldn't be part of the basic rotation.
    I see, I assume Bloody Hack isn't worth using if HoFS barely is.

As a word of advice, IS is fantastic for hands, belt and boots but the rest of the set is basically rubbish. It has 'low' armour for T4 (ie: worse than T3) and the DPS in no way balances out the extra hate that fearless gives on the major pieces, or courageous on the shoulders/wrists. Overall it's a really disappointing set.
    Interesting, I've been puzzling over what T4 to get.

Thanks for the replies. About the mitigation thresholds thing though - is that a myth or not? And does a conq need more mit than a DT or Guard to take reduced damage from bosses?

I see, I assume Bloody Hack isn't worth using if HoFS barely is.
    For pve I only use Bloody Hack as filler in the Carnage rotation waiting for WW and BB to come off cooldown.

Interesting, I've been puzzling over what T4 to get.

Thanks for the replies. About the mitigation thresholds thing though - is that a myth or not? And does a conq need more mit than a DT or Guard to take reduced damage from bosses?
    There is a lot of misinformation out there about raid/sixie gear thresholds. I know my brute spec+ a mix of k6 plate and t3 gives me comparable mitigation to my friend's guard in a mix of k6 and t3 (mine is like 54.4%, last I checked with him his was 55% or close to it and we have similar survivability.