Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holding stacks, proc rate and atg combo

Default holding stacks, proc rate and atg combo

ATG is pretty good. I mean it is an instant 1300 burst most of the time in pvp (appx). But the problem is that without determination/without warning perks you must rely on the proc rate to refresh your stacks. In group pvp this can be very difficult sense you have 15 seconds to make a new proc. Basically on average I see myself proc in pvp on avg at every 5 sec. So if I flea form combat to heal I better hit the target in the next 10 sec which basically means I can't leave combat at all. I think it would be only fair that the barb have about 20 to 25 sec to hold stacks so at least I could heal a little if I am using ATG or bone shatter+upheaval combo. If not, at least don't loose all 15 stacks at one time sense it takes about 2 min to get all the way to 15 stacks as it is (if you don't have arcane marauder but you do have atrocity.) Everything else about the barb is alright though.

just to place into contrast, when I play star-wars, I lose stacks after 25 sec which I think is fair (and that isn't proc'ed either, the countdown resets after entering combat) So sense we are talking about a proc, I would like to deal with at least 25 sec, but other than that, the barb is a very fun good class. (just wish for that small tweak)

totally agree with you.
    anything to buff the barb in this game of op classes
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Hox and barb loose stacks waaay to fast while conqs (ofcourse...) can hold them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Hox and barb loose stacks waaay to fast while conqs (ofcourse...) can hold them forever.
    So, the topic should go to the Conqueror section then!
    If anything should be done about some classes (not barbarians or Xotlis, as they are great), then it should be making them less powerful (Conqueror, for once, though some people might argue about that).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    If anything should be done about some classes (not barbarians or Xotlis, as they are great), then it should be making them less powerful (Conqueror, for once, though some people might argue about that).
    Usually barbs get focused early in the fight because thier light armor. It's very rare a barb can heal up with the help of his stacks because he must fight to gain them which is very difficult when there's a sin removing 60% of your hp in a dww.

And here's the part everyone must have in thier post because this is AoC. Conqs heal way more than barbs and the stacks last for days.

If anything should be done about some classes (not barbarians or Xotlis, as they are great)
    Oh please Alan, you are telling me you never loose Flame Lash stacks? It can happen even during a stacionary PvE boss fights...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Oh please Alan, you are telling me you never loose Flame Lash stacks? It can happen even during a stacionary PvE boss fights...
    There is nothing bad in losing them when I use the build with Inferno. Whenever I see that I might drop those, I use Inferno for the upcoming AoE fight, even if it will affect it the least. Why would having those stacks timed out be of any problem, anyway? It is a part of management (including calculating when to use physical combos accumulating stacks more than to rely on spells), and it makes the game interesting.
    We should be back to "fix the conqueror" topic.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 21st January 2014 at 09:56.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

This has nothing to do with conq. Without specing into atrocity its pain in a ass to stack up your stacks not even speaking in maintaining it. Atrocity should be only used for barb to stack up procs quick not to maintain it. Currently there is really crappy proc rate on barb for both Reave and Bloodrage I could wack up 5 combos to get 1 proc off. How is that convinient for a barb ?

Quote Originally Posted by mashta View Post
    This has nothing to do with conq. Without specing into atrocity its pain in a ass to stack up your stacks not even speaking in maintaining it. Atrocity should be only used for barb to stack up procs quick not to maintain it. Currently there is really crappy proc rate on barb for both Reave and Bloodrage I could wack up 5 combos to get 1 proc off. How is that convinient for a barb ?
    I agree with you. I timed it with attrocity and it takes avg of 45 sec to get 15 stacks form strawman. Remember that you are constantly hitting a straw man. In pvp that isn't the case and it takes WAY TOO long to get and then MAINTAIN stacks in pvp. Something should definatly be done about this case. Yes you can use ww/det but then you loose way too much dps power for it to be worth it when you loose those perk slots.
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast