Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PVP Gear Grind - Change it

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    What they should do is to wipe the slate clean and delete all pvp levels,
    put -50% pvp hit rating on all pve gear, make a single perfectly balanced pvp outfit that all gets forced into when entering a minigame and can be obtained full time with minigame tokens, anything beyond that set is only changes of appearance, clothes and tattoos etc.
    They should just copy WoW's system. Base it on Honor points by how much a person plays and not how much time they need to stay subbed and obtaining pvp levels and only capped out on a small select tokens per day. But we all know why you did that right Funcom? Gotta make sure people stay subbed to your game so you can collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
    Right clicking skills are the best! Go TEAM Carnage...

They've got the mouse skills in bori, and they are badass typers on the forums. PVP!
    Your trolling is as bad as your pvp skills. How's the sun light treating you? We know you never see any.

Good thread!
    Many times i was on the way to write one by myself.
    I enjoy so much the PVP game play system that every time I tried some other MMORPGs I came back.
    The worst thing here is exactly the PVP gear and level farming!
    Every time when I see people pvp lvl 10 in mini games I feel sorry for them because I can imagine how much time they have spent for it. I have my assassin at pvp lvl 6 and now I am playing my guard which for about 40 days I moved up from level 3 to 5 playing 3-4-5 hours a day. I have now 140 campaign badges which for sure when I have made a simple count, they wont be enough to buy even half the pieces of what i suppose to do at at lvl 6 pvp. I never last to long to reach and gather all badges to lvl 10. This will take me ages....
    And for sure if you don't have PVP geared char better don't play the game because you are going to be disappointed allot!! So I am on my way to leave the game again(and I am sure lots of people did this), because I am getting pissed off again and again.Don't want to spend my lifetime to be competitive in your PVP!!! I suggest different count on badges and much easier PVP leveling. And this is an emergency!!!!!

This desperately needs to get fixed. I used to like to pvp, but looking at the grind before me as a new AoC pvp'er... yeah... I won't even try to gear up as more than likely the game will be shut down long before I ever even get halfway there.

Quote Originally Posted by ezariel View Post
    This desperately needs to get fixed. I used to like to pvp, but looking at the grind before me as a new AoC pvp'er... yeah... I won't even try to gear up as more than likely the game will be shut down long before I ever even get halfway there.
    That's abit exaggerated.. though I would like PvP T1 set to have PvP level 0 requirement, actually you can get PvP 4 in 1 week (requirement for full PvP T1 set), and you can already be competitive.

Or you can just buy it from store.
    I understand that we don't want to pay, but PvP is free to play in this game, so money for that set is just all that a PvP playerwould need to spend to play this game.

The real problem is AA grind now imo, even if that has been a lot improved (I mean reduced) with the time.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 13th May 2014 at 20:13.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

is it? been trying for over 3 months now, and have only achieved halfway to rank 2. My team never ever wins. I freely admit that my low ranked presence and lack of experience has probably quite a bit to do with that, but what am I to do? How else can I get said rank and experience without doing it? I can't...

So I am stuck, constantly losing, constantly getting slaughtered...

and I refuse to pay for gear in the cash shop. Me spending money should not be the fix to poorly designed pvp. I am already a subscriber, that is all the money they will ever get from me. I refuse to p2w.
    Last edited by ezariel; 13th May 2014 at 20:12.

is it? been trying for over 3 months now, and have only achieved halfway to rank 2. My team never ever wins. I freely admit that my low ranked presence and lack of experience has probably quite a bit to do with that, but what am I to do? How else can I get said rank and experience without doing it? I can't...

So I am stuck, constantly losing, constantly getting slaughtered...

and I refuse to pay for gear in the cash shop. Me spending money should not be the fix to poorly designed pvp. I am already a subscriber, that is all the money they will ever get from me. I refuse to p2w.
    Honestly 3 months to try and not get PvP 2 must be seriously crazy unlucky, PvP 2 could be done in 2-3 days more or less.
    Good luck and don't give up.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 13th May 2014 at 20:21.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I suspect that the original design doc and project plan for the pvp system included tiers and rank into the framework. Unfortunately due to the lack of population, there is no way that seperating players into tiers for minis would work.

Even a first time developer could have seen that the pvp rank/gear system that was implemented was a recipe for disaster if all ranks were thrown in together.

is it? been trying for over 3 months now, and have only achieved halfway to rank 2. My team never ever wins
    Which server man?

Crom. For whatever reason whenever I pvp I end up with only people rank 0-5 facing teams of rank 10's. It frustrates me to no end that the game balances teams so poorly. Unless at the time I play there is a usual premade? Not sure, but thought premades weren't even possible in this game. If I get a single rank 10 on my team I am ecstatic even though so far it hasn't really been a benefit.

Yes, this is luck. Incredibly bad luck. But at this point I have all but given up on PvP and do mainly PvE as my skill actually matters there. Mobs don't one/two shot you because they have 3 times the gear and AA that you do...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast