Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP Mini Game Buddy Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Please allow for you to group with at least 1 or 2 friends to sign up for mini games. It's an MMO, it's designed to be played with people "you trust" and "you know" and are "your friends".

What kind of developer doesn't let you play with your own friends? Funcom, being Funcom as always
    Um, you can. You can always and have always been able to do this.

Perhaps your request was to allow friends to be on the same team? If thats the case, there is a 50% chance that might happen. funcom never got balance right, and they never disallowed this. There are ways to ensure this happens as well.

I 100% agree with the OP.

Pug-only mini games ruined PvP for many people, including myself.

There is nothing fun about being stuck with an unorganized rabble for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Um, you can. You can always and have always been able to do this.

Perhaps your request was to allow friends to be on the same team? If thats the case, there is a 50% chance that might happen. funcom never got balance right, and they never disallowed this. There are ways to ensure this happens as well.
    You know what I meant by that post Mrcorp.

IF they allowed 2 people to sign up together, the teams would be more organized and team orientated then ever. 3 Pairs of 2's would be very effective as opposed to a mash up of randoms that have no concept of team orientated pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Allowing people to queue together for normal minigames will just make them more imbalanced, and the games will be decided by which side happens to have (more) competent, geared players who cooperate/communicate with each other and play to win rather than to get kills and have fun.

Also, you sound especially butthurt today, which is impressive considering the standards of these forums.
    Stupidest post ive read in a long time (including my own :P)......kinda see why AoC is dying a slow painful death.

The days when you could actually group with friends was the most fun i ever had in PvP.

Teamwork is what PvP is all about ...period.

Hell, i remember a mini where Spaart was getting angry at the team cause we all over the place....a few tells later and once him and i actually worked together we were 2v4 and 2v5 the opposite with not much bother (and i am pretty average at pvp believe me)

Think about the possbilities when those friends are on vent......no amount of AA's or gear will save you from teamwork.....maybe thats why so many people are posting stuff like the post i quoted.
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 13th April 2014 at 19:59.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Allowing people to queue together for normal minigames will just make them more imbalanced, and the games will be decided by which side happens to have (more) competent, geared players who cooperate/communicate with each other and play to win rather than to get kills and have fun.

Also, you sound especially butthurt today, which is impressive considering the standards of these forums.
    what you stupid or something?
    What kind of online game that dosnt let you group with your buddies?

There hasn't been a single balanced pug mini since the removal of premades.

99% of pug mini goes like this. Random on your team, 2-3 always in hide. 3 others attack while 3 sits back. 2 more arguing with each other. or you get that 1 flagbot that you won't see all match because all he cares about is flag, hes not there to pvp.

gtfo

Premades had two problems:
    - manipulation and farming

Just by changing the queue and the new auto-"balance" both things got not changed (at least not enough to justify the new disadvantages, imo). It is still easy to manipulate, if you have majority in numbers now. And the more powerfull people are still farming the less powerfull ones.
    Only now with the broken tournament queue (no rejoining or afterjoining) you can not even balance 12 ppl raids for player generated mini fun anymore

I can see no disadvantage in just changing the tournament queue back to the old system and make the second completely pug (with or without that "algorithm").
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th April 2014 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Premades had two problems:
    - manipulation and farming

Just by changing the queue and the new auto-"balance" both things got not changed (at least not enough to justify the new disadvantages, imo). It is still easy to manipulate, if you have majority in numbers now. And the more powerfull people are still farming the less powerfull ones.
    Only now with the broken tournament queue (no rejoining or afterjoining) you can not even balance 12 ppl raids for player generated mini fun anymore

I can see no disadvantage in just changing the tournament queue back to the old system and make the second completely pug (with or without that "algorithm").
    It all comes down to this. The players that play AoC are trash.

The developers are also trash at the game because they do not play it. The developers read the forums for insight, listening to trash players and they create trash content.

The original team that made AoC, clearly PLAYED the game they WANTED to play. The new team just wants your money, because the higher ups tell them to implement crap that copies WoW, but the developers fail to realize, nobody wants WoW PVE trash

AoC is a PVP game, not a PVE game. No matter how much trash they put in to call it a PVE game, it will always be designed for PVP becasue that was their main focus during the creation of the game from the ground up.

Look at the crap we're playing now... it's disgraceful

Premades are still there. You can premade at any time. What you want is to premade a pug and thats just dumb. It hurt pvp overall. If you recall, pugs would be out there, and carnage would sign up and all minis would just stop. So even if we wanted to PVP, we could not. It wasnt fun for the non premade pug stamping side of it all.

If you want premade, its there. Stop whining like its not and find some competition to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    i want to see unchained mini games implemented with a buddy option, guess that's been forgotten about now, which is typical because it was the best pvp idea funcom ever had.
    yep 100% the best option would be 0 gear difference, at best customization that supports different builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Encourager View Post
    It all comes down to this. The players that play AoC are trash.

The developers are also trash at the game because they do not play it. The developers read the forums for insight, listening to trash players and they create trash content.

The original team that made AoC, clearly PLAYED the game they WANTED to play. The new team just wants your money, because the higher ups tell them to implement crap that copies WoW, but the developers fail to realize, nobody wants WoW PVE trash

AoC is a PVP game, not a PVE game. No matter how much trash they put in to call it a PVE game, it will always be designed for PVP becasue that was their main focus during the creation of the game from the ground up.

Look at the crap we're playing now... it's disgraceful

****,, where u been all my life, marry me?

so true btw, just look at classes also now, look at ranger, even noobiest player can do 10k burst in 3 secends..
    The Law

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast