Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eu melee class players

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    350ms+ here, one hand range is pain, impossible to land a white hit on moving target. that why i play guardian and never touch sin.
    for me its way easier to land combos with sin than with DT for sure...

For both casters and melees (and even rangers) the main difference lies now in instant stuff and chain recognition of keystrokes. I think it is not just latency alone, but also the way the engine works.

In 2009 you could play just by watching the screen and enemy. You could trust to some extend, that if you finished a cast, it done..and you did not get timewarped back that much.

Now you have to doublecheck, if the game acknowledges your keystrokes and if your enemy teleported away from the los on the finisher or during spellcast time. As someone said above, it is compensateable through skill or other means, but only to an extend.

Classes with many instant casts, abilities and no step combos are naturally at an advantage here, while others requiring correct facing, timing and some with dependance on bubbles are at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Well, with rangers you have to buff those ccs with ups and downs attacks that need to be landed on something, so it cripples rangers too (but not the cripples that don't use melee abilities ofc)
    Yeah. Ranger no easy.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

It depends a lot on ping and Internet connection settings.

About ping, up to 200 ms it's possible imo to play melee, even if of course you cannot be as competitive as players with < 80ms (same skill level and gear).

About ADSL settings (my connection is an ADSL 7Mb, no better one is available where I live), I asked my service provider to change connection setting to mode "fast".
    I don't remember the technical name of this ADSL parameter, but it helps reduce latency (by 20-30 ms), even if you loose some packets.
    I played from 2 different houses recently, and this worked from one place, but it is not working on my new house (I loose many more packets and see people constantly teleporting all the time, causing to "hit the air" way too foten).

So in short.. Some can play melee from EU, but really depends on connection.
    I know many players with 300+ ms and constant lag spikes, who simply can't play PvP.
    To say that these players have just skill problems is bad trolling.

For these people there are solutions like WTFast which can help solve or reduce the problem. But not everyone is ok to spend some dollars per month just to optimize connection for an mmorpg..

With above 200ms is better to skip PvP to avoid the frustration..
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 25th March 2014 at 11:55.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Yeah. Ranger no easy.
    They are actually a decent class skill wise if you play it hybrid and not easy mode linebreaker, which is so broken. But oh well you play on crom, you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post

About ping, up to 200 ms it's possible imo to play melee, even if of course you cannot be as competitive as players with < 80ms (same skill level and gear).
    This is true. you can play melee but just not that efficient vs good players with better ping. Sure you can roll over some noobs easy but thats not enough.
    Did some testing today, nothing fancy i was just smacking straw man and watching latency. It was usually 190-200 with often sudden spikes of few seconds or lower to 500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12