Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: magix since the gear revamp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Mages and casters are currently too powerful. Our gear needs to be toned down a bit.
    It's no more powerful than t4 pve gear, the only stat missing from the t4 gear is tenacity, which might make a difference but seeing as tenacity was added to all pvp gear as long as your using pvp gear of any level there is only a minor change from t1-t3 pvp gear for tenacity. The critigation is a big leap from t1-t3 pvp, but for the most part all of the sets offer more tenacity than critigation so your at a disadvantage using pve gear concerning tenacity.

PvE gear still offers more damage, critical rating, and critical damage rating albeit not much from the t3 pvp armor sets, except for soldiers where they tried to balance their critical rating to less than every class. The critigation is about equal, the only major difference is protection and tenacity if you compare the t3 pvp armor sets and the t4 pve sets.

I don't get where your seeing that t3 pvp armor is too powerful when it's not very different from t4 pve gear, where no one had to pvp to get any of it and most of it is free as drops. I can't see why anyone would want to go back to pve armor being the best for pvp, IMO even t1 pvp armor should be better than t4 or any pve armor that someone got without ever having to kill a single person or win 1 mini.
    Doomsayer 2008

Are you even sure tenacity is working as intended?
    Have you tried similar geared people (one with, one without tenacity) fighting the same opponents (one with critigation, one without)?

I have the impression that on low geared people, the new gear (and old pvplvl4+ gear) hits extremely hard compared to faction gear with even better dps stats. Sadly on live i can only compare and test it from the receiving end and there the difference to "before and after" patch is huge.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th March 2014 at 07:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball
    Damage over time effects are much more enhanced by pure magic damage for some reason compared to intelligence.
    I dare say: not true.

You've probably misunderstood something about HoXes and generalized it to all mages. The HoX's DoT combo apparently only profits from +fire damage, not from Intelligence. In a way, your statement would be true for that single case (as in "more" meaning "at all"). But it isn't supported by evidence for other classes, at least as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Damn it's gonna be 500 per tick + 30% ? I mean seriously ?
    The BASE spell damage is to be increased by 30%, not the TOTAL damage. That is something completely different.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    I dare say: not true.

You've probably misunderstood something about HoXes and generalized it to all mages. The HoX's DoT combo apparently only profits from +fire damage, not from Intelligence. In a way, your statement would be true for that single case (as in "more" meaning "at all"). But it isn't supported by evidence for other classes, at least as far as I know.
    Its true for all DoTs that deal magic damage. Dont get it confused with magic damage spells like Ice strike, hfb, shockstrike exc... Ftw, Pest. Blast, incinerate, burn to death, many more dots are all the same.

Florydaa absorbed 82 points of damage.
    Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) crits Florydaa for 326 unholy damage.

i have almost 2.2 k mgc dmg, playing with full pvp ger(always did)...thats crits on ranger...

Your Soul Wrack hits you for 503 damage.
    and this is just a piece of paying the price of SW...

Imarny
    Last edited by Vutra; 25th March 2014 at 10:24.
    Marny----> Imarny
    Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and almost fanatical devotion to the Pope,and nice red uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutra View Post
    Florydaa absorbed 82 points of damage.
    Your Flesh to Worms (Rank 5) crits Florydaa for 326 unholy damage.

i have almost 2.2 k mgc dmg, playing with full pvp ger(always did)...thats crits on ranger...

Your Soul Wrack hits you for 503 damage.
    and this is just a piece of paying the price of SW...

Imarny
    I seen 500+ crits on ftw, and that was before they changed pvp gear, where most casters was running around in t4.

I think it's funny they fix pretty much every set of pvp armor, all are about equally powerful now, yet everyone wants to complain. Very few complaints from the recently dead 'Age of PvE for PvP and Soldiers", now your saying the armor is too good. No one but a handful of us were saying that about the t4 pve armor, but everyone thought that was fine.

I think it just comes down to people who got used to t4 pve gear being dominant now have to deal with pvp progressed players, where many of us were playing at an disadvantage up until a few weeks ago. My magic damage went from 1130 to 1390, my crit chance from 14.7 to 19.3. My hit points went from 7,974 to 8,979. My protection gained maybe .90%. Other than protection and tenacity, t4 pve gear damage stats are still slightly higher than what I have with the new pvp armor. I am missing 2 pieces of t3 (chest and arms), that's what, another 15 magic damage over t2 maybe? The t3 pvp gear is still under the pve gear in terms of damage if you factor out the tenacity.

So how can anyone argue that the new gear is too powerful when t4 gear is still offering slightly better stats for casters. The only conclusion I can draw is that tenacity is making the difference, but how much I am not sure. For the most part, classes in full t3 armor have more tenacity than critigation so it's a wash, now against t2 or t1 with lesser critigation it might make a difference, but for the most part tenacity is about the same across all three tiers of pvp gear so unless someone puts up some numbers on paper it looks alright. I myself have not noticed any larger crits(better spell damage though) , although I have noticed barbs have much better damage output now, which is nice.
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th March 2014 at 13:06.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by einartheblack View Post
    First of all thanks for the replies.
    Though the necro dot buff seems a bit much? I can hardly survive 1 flash to worms if I have no healer in team or not close. Also necros have that nice spell(dont know exactly whats called) but it use to crit for about 3k - 3,5k now its almost up to 5k :S Where do I get my uber damage skill? Or who do I talk to so my bone shatter dot last for 15 sec?

maybe I'm a bit ranting
    and I apologize for it
    ice strike, not sure how thats going under the radar, but it hurts like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Its true for all DoTs that deal magic damage. Dont get it confused with magic damage spells like Ice strike, hfb, shockstrike exc... Ftw, Pest. Blast, incinerate, burn to death, many more dots are all the same.
    That didn't verify in testing. I tried it out with Pestinential Blast

Testing conditions:
    - Spell used: Pestinental Blast
    - Spellweaving for Max Damage Buff (only lasted for the first ticks each), but went out of SW before casting
    - Switched between weapons with +magic damage and +int to test for any difference

There is no difference to be noticed under these conditions, as shown by these excerpts from the damage log:

With 1587 Int, 1384 Magic Damage:

Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 565 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 243 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 565 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 231 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 533 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 529 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 236 unholy damage.
    With 1816 Intelligence, 1385 Magic Damage:

Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 566 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 243 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) crits Straw Man for 558 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 241 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 238 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 233 unholy damage.
    Your Pestilential Blast (Rank 7) hits Straw Man for 229 unholy damage.
    Are you really sure about your statement? Where does this knowledge come from?
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Default Tenacity

For those that seem to be heavily misinformed about tenacity.

The tenacity itself won't make you do more damage even if you have. 115% like on sin(confirmedbydev).

Tenacity on pvp t1 and 2 aswell as only mediocre worse dps than t4 adds a lot of free crit ovation amount, health pool points and armour and protection. If pvp gear was underrated before it's even more so now.

Aside from pvp gear now having the best overall damage:survival ratio IMO here is why pvp gear is better:

On cloth wearing sin pvp 10 I now have 20-60% chance dependant on perks to mitigate 60% of your critical damage.

Point being; the PvE gear can be 10 or 20% dps overall more, but what tenacity does is not make you do more dps, it stops you suddenly doing super low dps even on crits.

Tenacity doesn't make you hit harder, it stops you hitting less, much less !

Critigation chances and amounts are passively so high now on top of great survival and dps on pvp gear that your +5% dps from PvE already losing the survival the pvp sets provide can be turned into -40% damage if you get criticaged on.

PvE gear adds great starting gear but essentially I think ppl will be surprised by t1 full epic set now.

Tenacity doesn't add damage, it stops it being taken away, and the once PvE based critigation stats have make balanced pvp sets worthwhile over PvE due to tenacity/critigation balance!

On top of all that the pvp t1 and T2 is really competitive against t3 and PvE t4

I can finally see zero reason at all for unchained as I can **** pvp 10 guards/dt on pvp5 hox haha just down to skill level PLUS there is progression available. T3 accessories are the biggest difference allowing pvp 6/7 to have t4 conq weapon equivalent, highloards accessories and full pvp t2 and pvp 4 you're already getting t2 pieces !
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

gear being less mini dependant would be cool

or drop campaign badges ever so often off ppl in open world

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast