Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guardian Feat Builds 2013

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Sustained Rage doesnt give any boost in damage in the end m8.
    Well well I just did some testing on test live servers and my findings are completely different than yours.

What I did was, on both my conqueror and my guardian, i reseted the feat trees. Unequipped all my gear and weapons. Unequipped all AAs (passive ones I can't do anything about but they're irrelevant anyways).

I got a 20 level white 1 handed blunt which had a base dps range of 19-25. I popped a strawman and made lots of white hits on that totally naked toon. Then I got enough feats in the general tree and feated sustained rage to all 5 points for 15% melee weapon damage. I repeated the first step and made lots of white hits on a strawman with same weapon.

The only changing parameter for my damage numbers was that in the first phase I didn't have sustained rage, and second phase I had sustained rage. I repeated these phases 3 times, resetting feats each time and starting over. For both classes:

In the first phase my white hits on the target ranged from 31-40. The median value was around 35 and mode was around 33. I had 1-2 hits at 40.

In the second phase my white hits on the target ranged from 31-42. The median value was around 37 and mode was around 38. I had 4-5 hits at 40 or above 40.

I completely ignored crits, misses, half-hits.

My observation shows that even with a weapon that has very low base damage, sustained rage provides a visible increase in the damage numbers.

This seems like a very simple test and I didn't bother to write down every single damage value, I just made about 30 white hits in every phase and looked at the numbers. However, I'm quite sure that this simple test is way more accurate than parsing a rotation of combos over a strawman for 3 minutes. In a strawman test there are SO MANY variables (human factor, gear, combos, crits, misses, debuffs, crits hitting at debuff/buff periods, etc...) Therefore looking at a strawman test the benefit of a 15% melee weapon damage increase can easily be overlooked. Try to come up with more accurate tests if you can but do not say that the feat is bugged/useless. Make sure your test eliminates all other variables before you reach a conclusion.

p.s. here is the build i use on my SnS: http://goo.gl/VW6dL
    Last edited by Macduff; 20th March 2013 at 02:00.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Hey, thanks for your effort, Macduff!
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

I have many specs for T4 i use 2 spec 1 for melee boss: http://goo.gl/uV2v1 1 for boss with magic damage: http://goo.gl/KdEAk
    How to use guard you can see here http://ru.twitch.tv/renedanjou

Default SnS rotation

Can someone outline a rough rotation for SnS?
    I.e. when to use hate abilities, which are the best combos to use, etc -
    Thank you warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by UrZhu View Post
    Can someone outline a rough rotation for SnS?
    I.e. when to use hate abilities, which are the best combos to use, etc -
    Thank you warriors.
    Guard Destroyer, whatever damage and hate buffs you have (Cry of Havoc, Volcanic Rage, Powerhouse, etc.), Titanic Smash, Shield Slam (use Irritate before SS finisher, don't pull with Irritate), Strike and Guard (spam it whenever it's up and you're being hit, don't use if you're not the target), Dulling Blow (only if you're against something that hits hard), rotate last two ranks of Overreach while everything else is on cooldown (use last rank of Overreach after Guard Destroyer when TS is still down, physical ruin is like the best debuff and should always be on), keep using Irritate before Shield Slam or Titanic Smash finisher, spam Cunning Deflection, spam your potions (never be potionless).

Generally try to keep everything on cooldown except Plexus Strike (don't use if stamina is full), Dulling Blow (use when enemy's debuff is about to finish), Strike and Guard (only use when you have agro) and Counterstrike (don't use counterstrike).

If you have to Goad to get agro, use something big immediately (SS or Guard Destroyer infused TS with Irritate and Cry of Havoc). Use Stall the Advance perk at start instead of Cunning Deflection if you want to lock agro but it'll kill you if you might need to drop agro soon (use it with Forced Engage as a second Goad if needed). Use Juggernaught as soon as you see your health hasn't been full for a few seconds. Use Last Stand only when you're a few seconds away from death (only in groups, use it if you're at half health for some reason when soloing).

vvv edit: omg, omg I say
    Last edited by cins; 21st April 2013 at 00:26.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Breach, whatever damage and hate buffs you have (Cry of Havoc, Volcanic Rage, Powerhouse, etc.), Titanic Smash, Shield Slam (use Irritate before SS finisher, don't pull with Irritate), Strike and Guard (spam it whenever it's up and you're being hit, don't use if you're not the target), Dulling Blow (only if you're against something that hits hard), rotate last two ranks of Overreach while everything else is on cooldown (use last rank of Overreach after Breach when TS is still down, physical ruin is like the best debuff and should always be on), keep using Irritate before Shield Slam or Titanic Smash finisher, spam Cunning Deflection, spam your potions (never be potionless).

Generally try to keep everything on cooldown except Plexus Strike (don't use if stamina is full), Dulling Blow (use when enemy's debuff is about to finish), Strike and Guard (only use when you have agro) and Counterstrike (don't use counterstrike).

If you have to Goad to get agro, use something big immediately (SS or Breach infused TS with Irritate and Cry of Havoc). Use Stall the Advance perk at start instead of Cunning Deflection if you want to lock agro but it'll kill you if you might need to drop agro soon (use it with Forced Engage as a second Goad if needed). Use Juggernaught as soon as you see your health hasn't been full for a few seconds. Use Last Stand only when you're a few seconds away from death (only in groups, use it if you're at half health for some reason when soloing).
    Thank you, exactly what I was looking for - much appreciated.

One question, what is Breach ? I have never seen a skill named that for guardian, and I can't find it in the AA or feat trees.
    Last edited by UrZhu; 20th April 2013 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by UrZhu View Post
    Thank you, exactly what I was looking for - much appreciated.

One question, what is Breach ? I have never seen a skill named that for guardian, and I can't find it in the AA or feat trees.
    He is probable a conq, they are so easy to confuse :P

http://youtu.be/9Y1BlTpQtm0
    that is my take
    I am Stian ingame...

i can confirm that sustained rage and any +weapon damage works. over a year ago i reverse engineered some of the damage calculations (for strawmen) and weapon damage plays a role. the idea is that the +weapon damage feats are good for sustained dps.

combo tool tip damage = cttd
    combo feated bonus = cfb (%)
    weapon dps = wdps
    weapon low damage = wld
    weapon high damage = whd
    dps = dps(as listed on stats page on char with all feat calculations been done besides combo damage increase feats)
    weapon low ratio = wlr
    weapon high ration = whr
    combo time = ct (time it takes to perform the combo) (secs)

wlr = wld/wdps
    whr = whd/wdps

combo damage = (cttd * (1 + cfb) + (dps * wlr))*ct
    combo damage = (cttd * (1 + cfb) + (dps * whr))*ct

now im not sure if the formulas are 100% accurate just becuase its been well over a year since i was using them. also when combo calculations are taken place on melee characters the calculation happens 3/ 4 times depending on how many numbers you see per combo. and these are based on the time interval in which the numbers appear. this is obviously far too hard to track properly hence the combo formula represents the overall damage from the combo being performed.

the figures are strawman based and doesn't account for crit combos but they can easily be calculated further based of (combo damage * (1 + 0.5 + critdamagerating). Also doesn't account for debufs. when buffing your self before performing a combo you will need to take note of any dps changes in your stats as alot of the time it is this stat that boosts your damage output.

from the formula you can see that your stat dps weighs on your weapon high low damage stat. the way ratio is implemented is that weapon strikes take time and in order to work out combo damage this needs to be converted into high low ration per second depending on how hard you hit. and this is where the ratio comes up. in order to improve your dps you need weapons which have higher ratios (obviously) but this is relative and weapon types generally tend to maintain the same ratios.

from this formula you can start to calculate your base combo damage on straw men and choose the right feats that are better for your dps. (big hint** sometimes the +4% damage on 1 combo is sometimes not worth it)

as you can see any weapon damage increase has an effect on damage and dps. but at the same time because of how the combos are calculated you can be unlucky and not even notice the difference because of the ratios. From what i have seen this is entirely random and no stat can boost obtaining higher ratios. DT's shouldnt the 15% general feat stats becuase it wastes feats when magic is their primary damage. and this is the reason DTs do so much dps. the magic calculations are done differently and are not as balanced as melee type calculations (ranger counts as melee when calculating damage)

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Not that there was any better place for me to put my points but it's good to know it works
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Default Polearm and or SS PVP Flag running spec

Can anyone recommend a good spec for running the flag with a polearm and or SS ?

Thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast