Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: PVP Mini Game Buddy Suggestion

For the most part I can say Carnage did not really care about gear, they would pvp with fully geared AA toons or sh1t stained blue geared alts. And I remember them inviting extreme trash players like engage and payyourtaxes, and even shoola at one point, although I doubt any of these clowns were used for anything outside clicking rocks for the afkers.

Of course if they would stop sharing accounts and letting the same 2 people earn them bans for trash talk, they probably would have most of their original toons.

I can't say I disagree with the buddy system, I'm tired of getting chased 4v1 no help while my team beats on conqs with OtO on and wonder why they can't kill him, or the ToS turns red yet "my attacks heal him" (heard that today), lol, minis are at their all time worst.
    Last edited by Suctum; 17th April 2014 at 03:10.
    Doomsayer 2008

If only there was some way for people to learn how to PvP correctly ...

Suctum, the buddy system isn't the solution to this ... it will result in *exactly* what Mrcorp said it will.

You will group up with another (decent) player, and proceed to stomp on the opposition, who we all seem to concede don't have a bloody clue. It will make the situation worse. Hell, that situation is *exactly* what led to them splitting the queues up in the first place.

Team A would form a premade with guildies or <insert group of known good PvP players here>.
    9 times out of 10, they would end up in a mini with Team B, a group of single players or people who don't PvP much, or don't PvP at all, who would then get absolutely destroyed. This then discourages them from any further PvP. The poor excuse of a 'balancing system' used to 'balance' the teams doesn't help either.

Yes, I know, they should persist and get better. Most don't. Most can't be bothered. Most don't want to.

You can't fix this attitude.

And people wonder why the premade queue is usually empty? It's because most don't really want a challenge. We all know it. Stop pretending otherwise.

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. People behave how they are measured. And Funcom has put way too much weight on 'winning'.
    Last edited by Petridish; 17th April 2014 at 04:00.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    The buddy system wont work. It didnt work before and it wont work now. All it does is allow 2 or more people to join up and beat on a pug.

If you think this is really fair and what the population wants... Then do this and tell us how it goes.

In the next mini you play, which will be a pug because you obviously dont know how to get a premade going, ask both teams to form up a 6man. You set one up and get all your players on that team. Morphs you and I both know that you will pick the best players because all you know how to do is pug stomp or QQ in the forums about not being able to do it.

If you are even successful at convincing the other team to sign up a premade round, let me know how it goes. And a screen shot would be great.

I will predict the future here...

You will pug stomp, come to the forums and tell everyone how great you are and how bad they are... And it will end after the first.

Just do what we did, get some pickup pugs going, mix it up. Its ok to pvp against other good players NOT on your team. All you know is this: I will get the best players on my team. That does not sound very fun at all. Why you think for years I didnt want to join carnage? I prefer the competition.

I wonder why u think that in other team there would be NOT two friends signing?

2x carnage heroes vs me and my friend, 4 pug random crap in both teams its equally balanced ^^
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    If only there was some way for people to learn how to PvP correctly ...

Suctum, the buddy system isn't the solution to this ... it will result in *exactly* what Mrcorp said it will.

You will group up with another (decent) player, and proceed to stomp on the opposition, who we all seem to concede don't have a bloody clue. It will make the situation worse. Hell, that situation is *exactly* what led to them splitting the queues up in the first place.

Team A would form a premade with guildies or <insert group of known good PvP players here>.
    9 times out of 10, they would end up in a mini with Team B, a group of single players or people who don't PvP much, or don't PvP at all, who would then get absolutely destroyed. This then discourages them from any further PvP. The poor excuse of a 'balancing system' used to 'balance' the teams doesn't help either.

Yes, I know, they should persist and get better. Most don't. Most can't be bothered. Most don't want to.

You can't fix this attitude.

And people wonder why the premade queue is usually empty? It's because most don't really want a challenge. We all know it. Stop pretending otherwise.

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. People behave how they are measured. And Funcom has put way too much weight on 'winning'.

if they just want easy gear , "comon pls afk i need this token"
    wtf they even playing for? they just grind mindlesly gear they dont even like? and then just switch another toon? wtf is that.

if they dont want challenge, we better push it in their ass

im fine with 1-2 friends coming with me in mini, hell, even if it would be 2vs6 it would be totall **** , how u think anyone can get better if everyone in pug minis are noobs with bad attitude?

see those crom players, they cant get better, because there is no challenge, they are just standing still clicking mouse for white hit, and takes 5 sec to use bubble cus they cant find it on ablity bars.
    The Law

and u can tell this to my TORTAGE geared demo with no aa, offline leveled to 80 from 30, literally having level 5 green gear, getting 10 kills in LOST mini game, and ppl say "oh crom minis same as fury ,, doubt it"
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Its ok to pvp against other good players NOT on your team. All you know is this: I will get the best players on my team. That does not sound very fun at all.
    If the system will be implemented, there will be alot more evul pvp players doing pug minis, so he will always get a couple of them in opposite team as well. Kinda False logic you have MrCorp. Competition in minigames will be higher for sure, while nowdays if u get 6 cripples in enemy team, u can literally solo a minigame.

Tho ideally I would like to have an option to sign with 2 friends, not just one, tho not more either. 3 is a good number which could a couple of friends who want play together (think 3 most common size for group could be), while in same time 3 men team wouldnt lead to any major disbalance in minigame, still not enough number for annihilation
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    If the system will be implemented, there will be alot more evul pvp players doing pug minis, so he will always get a couple of them in opposite team as well. Kinda False logic you have MrCorp. Competition in minigames will be higher for sure, while nowdays if u get 6 cripples in enemy team, u can literally solo a minigame.

Tho ideally I would like to have an option to sign with 2 friends, not just one, tho not more either. 3 is a good number which could a couple of friends who want play together (think 3 most common size for group could be), while in same time 3 men team wouldnt lead to any major disbalance in minigame, still not enough number for annihilation

I agree with you, 3 bad/average in team, and 3 good players vs same type of team, would be more challenge, more fun, would improve everyone's team playing skills and strategic playing.
    The Law

Pug-only minis have proven themselves to be a complete disaster, there's noting even slightly balanced about them.

What we have now is a status quo where where it's stomp or be stomped and where the outcome of mini games are decided before they even start, depending on what team you just so happen to end up on.

It's all based on luck, there's nothing balanced about that.

Allowing players to queue up with at least one friend will give them a fighting chance against the the current sh!t storm of noobs that fill the mini game queues.

Players deserve to have some control over who they play with.
    Last edited by -Syd-; 17th April 2014 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    I agree with you, 3 bad/average in team, and 3 good players vs same type of team, would be more challenge, more fun, would improve everyone's team playing skills and strategic playing.
    We all wish it could be 3 buddy sign up, but we know Funcom won't do that. Everyone wants to play with the more experienced and knowledge based players over the random new comers.

The problem I foresee with a 3 buddy system is another 3 buddies grouped and signing up together for the same map as well. This would transform 2 - 3 buddy groups in to a solid premade 50% of the time.

The only way the buddy system would work for both ends of the spectrum, is to allow only a 1 buddy group to sign up for mini games. Any more then that would ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    The problem I foresee with a 3 buddy system is another 3 buddies grouped and signing up together for the same map as well. This would transform 2 - 3 buddy groups in to a solid premade 50% of the time.
    Its easy to resolve, just put 2nd group in opposite team by default. The system already works like that if u do JS premades.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast