Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

Hello, i need help with 3 questions;

1. I experience a blue screen of death (computer crash) approx every 1-2 days. It always happens when i am just standing around doing nothing. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Game freezes for 30-60 secs, NOT lag, but actual freeze becomes unresponsive. This happens maybe once everyday. Anyone else?

3. Npc popping up in town areas etc I have a pretty powerful PC but my RAM 8GB 1600mhz could maybe do with upgrading. If i bought some faster RAM would this help solve the problem of npcs popping up right near me instead of loading up further away from me?

My specs:
    Win7 64bit - Fresh installed
    i3570k quadcore @ 4.4ghz
    8GB RAM 1600mhz
    GTX 660ti 2 GB RAM
    SSD
    XFX 750W PSU

Thanks
    Last edited by Kazmik; 7th April 2014 at 14:50.

Blue screen could mean anything from a problem with the windows, a driver or hardware.

If the game is freezing with that kind of hardware, it more than likely is your power supply. Or something is overheating. I think its tied to that blue screen.

More RAM or increasing the speed, you will not notice a difference.

Did you build this machine yourself?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Hi, thanks for answering, yes i built the machine myself.

I have an XFX 750W PSU

I also use a program called Driver Booster that keeps all of my drivers up to date

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmik View Post
    Hi, thanks for answering, yes i built the machine myself.

I have an XFX 750W PSU

I also use a program called Driver Booster that keeps all of my drivers up to date
    Have you built a machine before? The reason I ask, I have seen tons of tons of rookie mistakes. I build/fix machines everyday and take a lot of time making sure they right.

What kind of heatsink are you using? Did you remember thermal paste?

That wouldn't had been my choice of power supply. It could still be the problem, but not likely.

What kind of case did you get? Is there enough airflow through the machine, wires tied up nice and neat. Enough fans for cooling the motherboard and video card.

You only need the drivers that came with the motherboard CD. When gaming, the only thing that needs to be relative up to date is the video card drivers. 99% of the time, nothing else. I would uninstall that program, could possible be a funky driver that it installed and your machine could be blue screening or locking up on that.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Have you built a machine before? The reason I ask, I have seen tons of tons of rookie mistakes. I build/fix machines everyday and take a lot of time making sure they right.

What kind of heatsink are you using? Did you remember thermal paste?

That wouldn't had been my choice of power supply. It could still be the problem, but not likely.

What kind of case did you get? Is there enough airflow through the machine, wires tied up nice and neat. Enough fans for cooling the motherboard and video card.

You only need the drivers that came with the motherboard CD. When gaming, the only thing that needs to be relative up to date is the video card drivers. 99% of the time, nothing else. I would uninstall that program, could possible be a funky driver that it installed and your machine could be blue screening or locking up on that.
    Hi and thanks again

I have an Antec 900 case with a corsair H80i watercooler using the pre-applied paste it came with. I have 2 fans on the front, a massive one on the top and dual cpu fans.

Im pretty confident in building machines, this is my 4th machine to date.

Hi and thanks again

I have an Antec 900 case with a corsair H80i watercooler using the pre-applied paste it came with. I have 2 fans on the front, a massive one on the top and dual cpu fans.

Im pretty confident in building machines, this is my 4th machine to date.
    Ok. Look in the event viewer for the blue screen and google the error code that is in it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Ok. Look in the event viewer for the blue screen and google the error code that is in it.
    How do i look in the event viewer, is that when i actually have a blue screen?

How do i look in the event viewer, is that when i actually have a blue screen?
    Right click Computer icon and click manage. Click event viewer, then click windows logs - system
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Right click Computer icon and click manage. Click event viewer, then click windows logs - system
    Well i cant seem to find it, though im not sure what im looking for but i checked around the time it happened last night and there is a couple of errors but i checked the event id and it dooesnt seem to be my bsod.

Guess i will wait till i have another and then check straight after.

Well i cant seem to find it, though im not sure what im looking for but i checked around the time it happened last night and there is a couple of errors but i checked the event id and it dooesnt seem to be my bsod.

Guess i will wait till i have another and then check straight after.
    You can build em but don't know the fundamentals to check your mistakes ? yer in deep man. Just because you can throw some paste on a CPU and slam it on the board; doesn't mean you know what you're doing.

It's your drivers ~

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast