Thread: combo freeze

Default combo freeze

I have found it very hard to keep playing this game as for about the last 6-8 weeks i have been getting a random combo lockout on all my toons.

what happens is any combo or spell with a cast time becomes unusable for usually 2-3 minutes. I can still use potions, i can still use TW/FH on a barb, toggling soulbarrier on or off on a dt works...
    But i cant use any combos or spells and cant even swing a weapon for a white hit and cant even use hide.

zoning into a new area will correct the issue, but you cant do this while trying to tank a mob in a 6 man.

I did a petition and all they said was it was "probably my ui"

bug existed in stonerune, strange ui, fire ui, fds ui and standard ui.

I installed 2 brand new hard drives in my comp, new clean windows 8 install and new game install... still bugged.
    upgraded to win 8.1... still bugs.

I have a series 600 Nvidia card, but seems far fetched that a graphics driver would cause a random combo freeze, esp as the graphics dont lock up/crap out and i can still run around and use some abilities like the aforementioned tw/fh.

the only other strange thing i have noticed has been during testing with parser results. on any run where the combos suddenly lock out the parse is bugged. Did one the other day and the combos locked up after 3 mins on straw man, yet in the parse it only had about 30 seconds of combat time.. almost as if the data exchange between my game and the servers was interrupted leading to a failure of the connection, and a passive hidden reset.

perplexing bug and very frustrating. Being stuck only playing a dps toon sux as i enjoy tanking and healing a lot in 6 mans as well. especially tanking, which i cant really do if suddenly its like "sry guys for the wipe, combo bug again"

Could you try using a different internet connection? Like tethering through your cell phone, just to rule your ISP out?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Last time it happened to me, the lock was bound to my weapon (1h T3 crafted Blunt to be precise).

Try a different weapon set, it might debug you

It's a bug, happens to me and other people. Pretty rare though and it seems to come out of the blue although it could be connection related (been playing AoC on bad unreliable wireless connections a whole lot)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I had it too, it was both linked to a lag spike and a weapon slot (i removed weapons and armors and there was a second weapon under my first i could not unequip and got it fixed only by transition). So i guess it might be linked to weapn switching too.
    Also it was during a period with a lot of players using fishy tools and the engine behaving even more funny than now...(not now, after aquilonia/fury merge).

I've spent the last couple of years now dealing with stupid bugs like the one you mention. Combo's that suddenly finish and my toon puts away her weapon mid-stroke. I never have 'auto away put your weapon' enabled. I even check to make sure it's unflagged in the settings after it happens. This mostly happens on my DT, but it's really the only melee toon I play now considering my location.

Several differant internet connections tested, several UI's, fresh installs of Windows XP, 7 and 8 on an SSD in a system with 16GB RAM, WHQL nVidia drivers, DX9 and 10. Numerous machines tested on. Exact same issue each time.

I stopped reporting issues. It's always your fault (I've been a techy for 15 years, and I'm tired of having to diagnose my own problems in my game of choice, then take the blame when you've explained you've already done file checks etc, ad nauseum).

That's my story =D

thanks for responses, next time it happens i will see if i can swap out the weapons, unequip/ reequip or something, worth a shot

hard to imagine its internet connection, im on cable not wireless, but could be worth maybe replacing the leads.

Happened to me once halfway through emperor fight. Nothing short of zoning to next instance fixed it.