Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Boss - Savage Coast only :(

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    You can get out of Tortage, get PLed to 30 then use offline levels to end up with green gear at lvl 80. And then expect to be invited to sixmans as an 'experienced player', where you don't know what you are doing and wipe the group repeatedly then get mad if people leave the group.
    And how many new players use this way to level up? Abso****inglutely none. Because you need a level 80 char to gain offline levels.

They do it for alts. I know that I have, but the only ones I offlined up were duplicates of classes I know how to play, and every character I took into raids had full lvl 80 blues or 78 culture armors before I would do any t1/t2 raid.

But back to the main subject...FTPs will get the cloak eventually, but having the expansions makes it sooner and they wont get the chance at rare pets if they don't subscribe. I see nothing wrong with Funcom trying to generate sales for the game. Any character who plays up to lvl 80 really should subscribe anyway for the sub things you don't get FTP.

Quote Originally Posted by elgol46 View Post
    Can I just point out that the Game Director said that the World Boss was open to any toon out of Tortage, so he is saying there is no restriction on level, so if you have a gripe about that you should take it up with him
    Did he say every world boss? Because I'd say if f2p get access to 9 or 10 of the twelve bosses, that's fine.

Sometimes in life you don't get everything for nothing and zero effort.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

I see nothing wrong with Funcom trying to generate sales for the game.
    Seem some people have trouble, or fake to understand how a company can earn money, or even just survive.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Funcom isn't the post office: they can't rely on govt subsidies to keep the servers open. Once the game stops making money then I expect they will shut it down.

SOE kept EQOA for the playstation 2 open for years after conan release but had no new bosses, no new content and frankly no devs at all working on it (it took 24 hours to get a GM response in game). They finally shut it down about 7 years after release with about four years of 'no dev' action.

And their main bosses spawned once a week for the entire server. Or at most twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    they get epics at lvl 16 and you dont see the diference???
    without any guild required to "carry" them.
    seriously man is the coffee in france that bad or the wine too good?
    Tomhet, some people just do not understand that World Bosses is currently detrimental content; unlike raids where people actually do some input (coordination, group sorting, DPS, healing, and staying alert) even at level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Seem some people have trouble, or fake to understand how a company can earn money, or even just survive.
    Just like with some companies cutting funding on educational TV shows, favoring meretricious, morally demeritorious, yet lucrative ones; but people (the minority) condemn such things deeming it wrong.

You can get out of Tortage, get PLed to 30 then use offline levels to end up with green gear at lvl 80. And then expect to be invited to sixmans as an 'experienced player',

Its up to the group and raid leaders though to 'police'.
    The farmed gear does not help them. Nowadays, it is common to wipe in Xibaluku at the easiest bosses and see main tanks in Ai who do only white hits, never know about their maneuvres and expect to off-tank with that.
    There should be a learning curve and the way to put people onto it. Removing epic loot from World Bosses and scaling blue loot to level will one big step forward. Setting a character cooldown to one week or account-wide cooldown to one day will be a small step forward.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 5th June 2014 at 06:00.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

It should be up to the group/raid leader to take in people who are not totally clueless about their class.

Requiring gear to be visible, asking for experience, requiring AAs for raids/groups that need it and booting the ones that can't do what they say they can do.

Its why raid and group leaders get paid the big bucks. And its why some pugs are a lot better than others.

so erm

im not too familiar with turan

how do i access it on a subbed toon that has expansion and that is lvl 80?

Best I recall... you'll need to talk to Tali in Khemi first. Depending on whether you talked to the Dark Brotherhood guy in The Thirsty Dog Inn you get one of two quests to go to Turan.

After that the caravan guy that takes you to Turan is just up the hill from the one that goes to Khitai, both being in Khemi. He's very near the hair and tattoo vendors.

There's also a veteran port there. I've no idea if you can buy said port via the in-game store but it's worth a look if you don't have vet points.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    so erm

im not too familiar with turan

how do i access it on a subbed toon that has expansion and that is lvl 80?
    Buy teleport to ardashir coast at veteran reward guy. that is fastest way
    Or in that narrow street in khemi find npc that gives you quest to go there (i think tali). traveler is close to khitai one.
    Wb is only interesting on fury since there are some pvp and ganking going on. I can imagine how utterly boring it is on crom

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast