Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dev letter today? - THAT kind of thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    The initial plan was intended to be a 6man dungeon but they decided to change things up and make it 12man instead.
    wich i realy hope they revert in time.
    coils is a very good dungeon rewarding movement and brains over gear/aa's.
    its very nice endgame content wich already many people ingame struggle to clear, despite inguild groups usualy very sucessfull.
    i find it hard to fill up a pug group for it, despite having done many successfull pug groups and clearing it, it toke double the time it should have taken.
    i dont see a future for a 12 man dungeon wich will require 12 players to clear.
    it will simply be deserted unless its overly easy like onyx or dumb content like that.
    and no way in hell will a 12 man raid be formed in guild for it, would actualy help split guilds apart if content was too hard you would prioritize best players leaving the underperformers behind, while right now pretty much is half the raid performs accordingly there is a lot of room for underperformers to tag along wich is totaly acceptable even in t4/erlic and makes up for good guild content.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I actually see a place for a 12man dungeon.

It can be nice if slithering chaos is released next month and Cetriss +/-3 months later. That way the guilds that are bored out of their skull with T4 can put it on planner. So they at least have some guildactivity to do while Funcom finishes up T5.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    That way the guilds that are bored out of their skull with T4 can put it on planner.
    that is the point if they are making 12man dungeon they are doing raid content how will it be adjusted to 12 people?
    most likely with mechanics wich force people to move a lot and solve puzzles, so you get content wich inst puggable and deeply reliant on 12 people able to perform.
    so it ends up being an elite only endgame content wich will promote inguild drama over who gets spots and will aid make guilds smaller rather then larger when t5 is finaly out.

would be better if there was a 6 man version and a 12 man version, wich would be broader and could open up a whole new way to revamp old dungeons or even t1-t2 raids.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 1st June 2014 at 17:00.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The initial plan was intended to be a 6man dungeon but they decided to change things up and make it 12man instead.
    Lets hope not. Tomhet corrected you nicely :P

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    that is the point if they are making 12man dungeon they are doing raid content how will it be adjusted to 12 people?
    most likely with mechanics wich force people to move a lot and solve puzzles, so you get content wich inst puggable and deeply reliant on 12 people able to perform.
    so it ends up being an elite only endgame content wich will promote inguild drama over who gets spots and will aid make guilds smaller rather then larger when t5 is finaly out.

would be better if there was a 6 man version and a 12 man version, wich would be broader and could open up a whole new way to revamp old dungeons or even t1-t2 raids.
    Exactly. Not that I dont like T3.5 and other "elite" stuff...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

"As Tokyo is now live on the testlive servers we're bringing some coders from TSW to speed up the process for the tradeskill revamp. "
    You got it wrong. "Because LEGO Minifigures open beta is planned to be launched before summer we move all spare development resources there." That's more likely scenario.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

"As Tokyo is now live on the testlive servers we're bringing some coders from TSW to speed up the process for the tradeskill revamp. On top of that we'll bring our finest AI designers to shape up and fine tune the palace of cetris raid instance to come in Q4 2014. After we decided to chang the Slithering Chaos from a 6man dungeon to a new 12 man dungeon it's soon ready for release, expect to see it on testlive in June!"

Yes? Pls?
    HAHAH....i think its easier to become pope

TSW got its letter first! Shocking and disgraceful! Think I'm off to join Slith in ESO.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I'm on strike. I'll go out for a walk !
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Calendars are such tricky unpredictable things. They are only good for marking in vacations and holidays anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    and no way in hell will a 12 man raid be formed in guild for it, would actualy help split guilds apart if content was too hard you would prioritize best players leaving the underperformers behind
    I agree with that. Long time ago, in another Azeroth, uhm, I mean galaxy far, far away, raid sizes were cut from 40 to 25. The goal was okay - AoC has thrived with raids of that size. However, it split up established guilds/raids. Our raid disbanded over an heated argument of what to do to cut down raid sizes. Kicking people, esp. about half of your raid force, is a hard thing to do. Being the unbeaten god of gaming that I am, personally, I of course tend to be in the ub0r half of anything (Yes, I'm even better than myself), but I still hate to tell somebody I won't play with him anymore because his gaming skills lack. I mean... seriously... that guy/gal is a friend. Friendships shouldn't depend on "skill" so much. I hereby claim my god given, hard earned, constitutional right to be friends with stupid, lazy, clumsy idiots and spend time with them if I want to.
    The consequence for me was to quit Azeroth and move to Hyboria a short time later. Lost all of my Azerothian friends by that, but... well, it somehow seemed easier than to hurt just some of them.

Smaller raids seem to make sense in a community that at least isn't growing very much. But it may instead be a factor in driving people away.
    Every raid has its "good" and its... well... other players. And every raids has its ups and downs. In the downs, at least in my experience, sooner or later the "slackers" get blamed for everything from the energy crisis to movies just not being as good and women not as pretty as they used to be.
    Offering a 12 person raid may tempt a raid leader/force in that situation to leave its "slackers" behind and start fresh with the ultra hard core ub0r players. That may be fun for them, but the game will loose the 12 other players. And in the 12 person raid force... there will - surprise, surprise - still be a worse half! And 6 person dungeons to tempt the others... And the cycle repeats.

Personally, I'd prefer the introduction of some easy going, but somewhat interesting raids instead of more ultra hardcore content - or maybe something scaling, e. g. having more tokens drop if you use a smaller raid force / let a fixed amount of tokens drop, so that it has to be divided by the player number. Better to force players - and may the argue all they want - to drag the loot grabbing, lazy n00bs with them until the bitter end.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 3rd June 2014 at 19:33.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast