Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Ah it's been a bit too long... That's it though?
    I think so. That's pretty much all I can think of, but maybe there's more in other archetype destiny quest. Since it have been long for me also, I might be wrong. I remember this conversation because the last alt toon I leveled to 80 a few month was a mage ago but that's about it.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

The quest and storyline were great. Thumbs up Funcom. The rewards well i just have to wonder what you guys were thinking. Crap social stuff 1 of which vets had for years. BIG THUMBS DOWN.
    Really you could have put in a WB chest and ppl would have been happy.

There's still this big chest we don't know nothing about yet. Maybe it's gonna be something new like all vets are expecting ^^
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

For me, the main disappointment is the "what, again?" nature of the quest. Seems to have been a rushed idea. I was rather hoping when I saw one part of it that there would be certain reunions and a chance to relive some old glories-- not so. (Trying not to spoil, here.)

Yes, the rewards were crap but I do enjoy social. I haven't found the vendor yet. The story, if one bothers to read it, heavily implies continuing events and possibly even a combative (PvP?-- hope not) tie-in, and suggests that some of it may take "years to come"-- if so, nicely optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    There's still this big chest we don't know nothing about yet. Maybe it's gonna be something new like all vets are expecting ^^
    If you mean the treasure chests, they are simply cash store "Mystery Boxes" a la TSW. You can have a roulette spin for some World Boss type treasure plus occasional shots at Rare relics. "Pay to not play" sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLibrarian View Post
    If you mean the treasure chests, they are simply cash store "Mystery Boxes" a la TSW. You can have a roulette spin for some World Boss type treasure plus occasional shots at Rare relics. "Pay to not play" sort of stuff.
    Bah there is another chest on the cash shop now, Hoard of Destiny, and it hold some Gilded Tokens :|

So, did anyone notice the Sin-City-esque (it's the first media item to come to mind that does this >> ) colourising of only one object on screen? When you hit shadow mode, some Pict's with the gay pink masks remain pink during the noireiness. I think the same wiht teh blue ones (both tinted GAYLY)

And the introduction of the Defiler-style model is pretty damn cool. Big boy with a mean-streak and new dud's to go with it.

And again, the Pict's seriously seem out of place in the middle of OT, not to mention at the trade centre where all the little kiddies and ladies can freak out buying their bread, ironswill and epic crafted weapons. How did this tribe come to be there without being splattered over the cobblestones?

Maybe we'll see in a future update to the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    So, did anyone notice the Sin-City-esque (it's the first media item to come to mind that does this >> ) colourising of only one object on screen? When you hit shadow mode, some Pict's with the gay pink masks remain pink during the noireiness. I think the same wiht teh blue ones (both tinted GAYLY)

And the introduction of the Defiler-style model is pretty damn cool. Big boy with a mean-streak and new dud's to go with it.

And again, the Pict's seriously seem out of place in the middle of OT, not to mention at the trade centre where all the little kiddies and ladies can freak out buying their bread, ironswill and epic crafted weapons. How did this tribe come to be there without being splattered over the cobblestones?

Maybe we'll see in a future update to the quest?
    When I first saw them and heard their chants, I thought I'd run into a group of Samoans.

Anyway, I spoke to the leader and he just brushed me off. So far, it seems one must 80 in order to enjoy the majority of the event.

Maybe you have not talked to the urchin at the docks first?

About Picts in OT: It completely eludes me, why they have not been placed in another location where they made sense. Thunder river, wild lands, poitan, laceish plains or if it had to be OT, why in front of the trader and not near the abondaned mill in the race track or hidden in a house with a trapdoor???

Apart from the lore, moving such things near the trader and/or spawn loactions (like the docks), where you can expect to already have lots of players passing by or being around, is never a good idea...(crashes, latency)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    About Picts in OT: It completely eludes me, why they have not been placed in another location where they made sense. Thunder river, wild lands, poitan, laceish plains or if it had to be OT, why in front of the trader and not near the abondaned mill in the race track or hidden in a house with a trapdoor???
    Because people are lazy ass and will not bother checking in place just a bit further from the convenient place they are used to see.

Just look at the WB. It didn't need 24h before the general state of mind was : **** the WB in Ymir's Pass, it's too much travel, just camp in Eiglo mountains because boss are closer. Even when WB was spotted in Ymir and none were up in Eiglo, people were just not moving their arse. (And I'm not saying I was any better)

However, I agree with you, since it's only a vendor that you go see from time to time, moving it away wouldn't hurt.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast