Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    I agree.

The story is completely dead, uninspiring and there's no incentive to con me in to supporting the Picts. You know, every civilised nations default enemy. Just 'you go kill' and 'okay' responses...thrilling stuff. I'm all for recycled content, but can someone please give 100 bucks to one of the RP'ers to develop a story?

And I'm bugged out yet again in another event. I always seem to get disconnected during the events, and bam, out come the rezone issues. I'm stuck in Tortage with no way through the gate wall (short of deleting the quest and restarting) There are invisible walls guiding you through area's too, then you fall out of area's like on the stairs near the spool quest (L5 pirates and first bat encounter) whereby you simply walk off , balustrades be damned =|

And thanks for the 'spoiler' =P I kinda figured it would be Mr S anyway =P As you say, it's a pretty uninspiring 'Return'.

I take my stuck comment back; I simply talked to the Pict chief again and he opened the gates.

These words are chewy.

I found the quest boring and the story really butchered lore when it comes to portrining Picts. Picts are savages, half-beasts almost. The very idea that pictish clan would come to city of Tortage for help if laughable. Overall those picts are portrayed as mild mannered and civilized which couldn't be farther from the truth.

As quality of events is going up, I must sadly admit that the quality of the writing is doing dooooooooooooooown.
    Retired

I admit, i felt that lack of inspiration too.

In comparison, the Halloween event was vastly superior in terms of quantity and quality.

For me, the Halloween event was in line with dragon spine quests, well made, original and inspired.

This anniversary event is a bit poor, so it's rather obvious they concentrated their effort on the PvP events, which is good.
    I for one don't really care about a 6th year PvE anniversary, but feel very grateful about the recent PvP focus.

Do u get gilding tokens only the first time you do this quest? I did it for a second time today, and didnt recive gilding tokens. I was hoping to farm it to get one of the pets. If the quest only give 2 gilding tokens, where else can they be aquired? havent seen any info one where they are supposed to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Do u get gilding tokens only the first time you do this quest? I did it for a second time today, and didnt recive gilding tokens. I was hoping to farm it to get one of the pets. If the quest only give 2 gilding tokens, where else can they be aquired? havent seen any info one where they are supposed to drop.
    Yes, you receive 2 Gilding tokens for completing the anniversary quest the first time only. Which, of course, begs the question of where you get more Gilding tokens as the most of the items from the Gilding vendor cost more than 2 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    As quality of events is going up, I must sadly admit that the quality of the writing is doing dooooooooooooooown.
    Yeah definetely (never know how to spell this word lol), it don't bother me for events like this, but you can really tell difference between bigger content (Khitai etc...).

About gilding tokens, since they talked about giving veterans going throught old raids again, I think we got a hint. It's just not implemented yet.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quest was fun because it was something new to do and I hadn't been back in Tortage for a while
    It was nowhere close to Halloween in fun factor but I haven't regretted doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I found the quest boring and the story really butchered lore when it comes to portrining Picts. Picts are savages, half-beasts almost. The very idea that pictish clan would come to city of Tortage for help if laughable. Overall those picts are portrayed as mild mannered and civilized which couldn't be farther from the truth.

I completely disagree. Granted you've read a lot more of REH than I, but REH wrote that the picts would shortly become civilized and become the new rulers of Aquilonia. Not to mention that they do trade with civilized nations for tin, so cooperation with Hyborians isn't unprecedented. They are also hardly mild-mannered just because they're friendly; not only are they in a huge crisis, but their shaman has divined that only YOU can help them, because of your connection to the Acheronian spirit/bat demon.

Anyhow I thought the questline was great, even better than the Halloween quest. Most of the encounters are a bit of a breeze when T4 geared of course, but the armoured Pict Defiler and Strom were appropriately challenging; I had to use CCs, pots and kiting to defeat them. I also thought the Acheronian Soul Stones or whatever looked really cool, as did the armoured Pict Defiler and the Red Hand with their ****ed-up faces (these seem to have been new designs unless I'm mistaken).

It was of course a bit sad to go back to Tortage without being able to talk to Tina, Royo, Sakumbe and the rest of the gang, but obviously rehiring their voice actors for just a few nostalgia lines would've been excessively expensive and impractical. Very funny that Strom had the only voiced line though; I always thought Strom, with his pict armour, blue face and no (voiced) dialogue (as far as I recall; last time I pulled a Soldier through Tortage was 2008...) was a poor villain by the standards of Tortage, but this time he was quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    I always thought Strom, with his pict armour, blue face and no (voiced) dialogue (as far as I recall; last time I pulled a Soldier through Tortage was 2008...) was a poor villain by the standards of Tortage, but this time he was quite fun.
    He do have voiced dialog in game. There's a rather long (well, it's all relative) conversation with Mithrelle in the Mage's Destiny quest, when you go inside Tortage keep.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    He do have voiced dialog in game. There's a rather long (well, it's all relative) conversation with Mithrelle in the Mage's Destiny quest, when you go inside Tortage keep.
    Ah it's been a bit too long... That's it though?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast