Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

Default Anniversary Event quest - like/dislike?

What did everyone make of the event quest chain? Personally, I liked the storyline and how you went traveling about, and especially the final villain, but felt the loot / rewards were somewhat..... underwhelming. Especially in light of last years werewolf event. I would think the games 6 year mark was of more importance than the halloween one, yet the previous event seemed more substantial - and I'm not just talking about loot in that regard (the optional side quests were a nice touch too, in the prior event).
    Last edited by MashMash; 21st May 2014 at 22:48.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Its just heartbreaking, not even need for the 4 hour cool down since one hour XP food is not worth all that work. And since only first run gives those gilding tokens there is no incentive to do it again.

The consumable options are pretty worthless. The outfit I've had for a few years already so again, worthless. The tokens only drop the first time (if you have an empty quest slot that is) so doing it more then once is well, worthless. Just the two tokens it drops is pretty well worthless as 90% of what is available to purchase with them coasts more then 2 tokens.

The quest chain itself was fun. I did enjoy it. But there really is no reason to do it on more then one toon and definitely no reason to do it more then once per toon.

I like it.

The quest chain is good, it's really enjoyable to see these place again with a nice little story. Also, it bring a nice backstory to explain the PVP festival events so that's pretty cool, IMO. It's not pulled out one's ass. It's true the reward sucks but I don't really give two crap about it. New vanity would have been nice, tho.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

I thought it was fun because of the story. I am glad for what CG does for us as much as he can do. However, I won't be doing the quest again or on alts. Seemed like a little too much of a timesink of linear running and killing. No real puzzles or hidden Easter eggs. Also quite easy to get lost in Acheronian Ruins and the fake lava was quite funny.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I cannot wait until I do it tomorrow!!! I have been too busy.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Have played it with a ranger, hox, necro, shammy, ToS, and DT. I enjoy it every time. Loot isn't great, but the quest line is entertaining, and the fight mechanics at the shadow stones is difficult without being overwhelming. Normal mobs though could have been more challenging. Like others have said, I won't be running it multiple times on any toon since you don't earn any more tokens... that would have been nice.
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 22nd May 2014 at 04:16.

I thought it was too linear, too repetitive and too inbalanced to be fun. Mobs and bosses i saw more than a nuisance, than actual worth fighting. The footballs are not my favored design either.
    Even the storyline i found disappointing...Tortage was dead...no real interaction or nostalgia value for me there. Imagine what could have been done with the "return to Tortage" theme ...Strom again?? Seriously...

Just imagine a return to "hidden behind the surface" theme with meeting the old characters and experiencing how Tortage evolved without Strom...it could have been more like the Conan story with the red shadows...
    I already suggested how to make it more fun in another thread. Guess with the theme and story, you either like it or don't. I am a bit ambiguess about the rewards...had they been better, i would feel obliged to to the tedious quest with all chars, now i can do it at leisure, knowing i will not miss much.

It was fine for a onetime experience though, being new and all that...but please don't release similar content and expect people to grind it. Last years quest chain was a lot better, because it offered tradeable worthwhile rewards, optional worthwhile bosses and a more plausible storyline. But this might be a question of taste.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd May 2014 at 10:38.

I am enjoying the anniversary quest so far but I am not quite finished yet (I am at the end fight but had to log).

The quest is more challenging than I had expected but the end rewards are somewhat weak as has already been mentioned in this thread. The quest is worth doing at least once for its entertainment value and also for the chance to see Tortage again at level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I thought it was too linear, too repetitive and too inbalanced to be fun. Mobs and bosses i saw more than a nuisance, than actual worth fighting. The footballs are not my favored design either.
    Even the storyline i found disappointing...Tortage was dead...no real interaction or nostalgia value for me there. Imagine what could have been done with the "return to Tortage" theme ...Strom again?? Seriously...

Just imagine a return to "hidden behind the surface" theme with meeting the old characters and experiencing how Tortage evolved without Strom...it could have been more like the Conan story with the red shadows...
    I already suggested how to make it more fun in another thread. Guess with the theme and story, you either like it or don't. I am a bit ambiguess about the rewards...had they been better, i would feel obliged to to the tedious quest with all chars, now i can do it at leisure, knowing i will not miss much.

It was fine for a onetime experience though, being new and all that...but please don't release similar content and expect people to grind it. Last years quest chain was a lot better, because it offered tradeable worthwhile rewards, optional worthwhile bosses and a more plausible storyline. But this might be a question of taste.
    I agree.

The story is completely dead, uninspiring and there's no incentive to con me in to supporting the Picts. You know, every civilised nations default enemy. Just 'you go kill' and 'okay' responses...thrilling stuff. I'm all for recycled content, but can someone please give 100 bucks to one of the RP'ers to develop a story?

And I'm bugged out yet again in another event. I always seem to get disconnected during the events, and bam, out come the rezone issues. I'm stuck in Tortage with no way through the gate wall (short of deleting the quest and restarting) There are invisible walls guiding you through area's too, then you fall out of area's like on the stairs near the spool quest (L5 pirates and first bat encounter) whereby you simply walk off , balustrades be damned =|

And thanks for the 'spoiler' =P I kinda figured it would be Mr S anyway =P As you say, it's a pretty uninspiring 'Return'.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast