Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still "have" to switch weapons to be effective?

My specs, even my offtanking spec, is carnage, and I never swap weapons and stay in dual wield all the time. The only time I'm tempted is for mobs that need to be CC'ed, but if I really had to I'd want to set up some kind of macro to swap weapons and hotbars.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

Quote Originally Posted by Heraclea View Post
    My specs, even my offtanking spec, is carnage, and I never swap weapons and stay in dual wield all the time. The only time I'm tempted is for mobs that need to be CC'ed, but if I really had to I'd want to set up some kind of macro to swap weapons and hotbars.
    I use a macro on my Logitech G13 that swaps weapons and hotbars and it works really well. Even carnage tanking, Feint Attack is still a really nice debuff to apply.

In my opinion you don't "have to" swtich weapons to be effective, a brute conq can dish out very good dps & be a great tank sticking to a 2-handed weapon only. Similarly a carnage conq can dish out amazing dps without ever swtiching away from dual wielding.

HOWEVER, both of them do benefit from the occasional weapon swtiching!

As brute you can switch to DW to apply breach debuff (15% physical mitigation debuff on target for 15 seconds iirc) and you can apply the latest rank of bloodbath combo because it is a very nice damage over time.

As a carnage conq you can switch to two-hander to apply feint attack to debuff the target as well AND you can also apply guardian of the dancing steel combo. It gives you a buff that gives a chance to retributively hit your target when you receive damage (60 procs per minute) and it also gives you the same effect when you apply damage (20 procs per minute). So to be fully effective if you keep GODS buff always up with the carnage combos that have a lot of hits you'll benefit a lot from the damage proc of GODS even if you never take any damage from the mob. (Thanks a lot to Tronkita for pointing the last thing out )
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

both, for pve and pvp, weapon swapping is must

u swapp weapon for debuff, cc, burst dps. if u dont do that - u cant do good
    Last edited by Finstere; 6th March 2013 at 01:23.
    Finstere - Conq; Incendiario - Demo

Default switch

as already said. switching is importent if u want to shine, shure u can atleast in pve do one type but will never make u good.

a very nice note is as a brute tank u gain from acculy dual wielding althoe 0 points in carnage, since ure offhands and faster hits fast fill ure furious inspiration along with doing higher damage. to tell the truth u shud only go brute combo for cc, debuff and refresh guards buff. or if u want to hit larger aoe. i my self do switch doing figth for what i feal, while acculy being hit by boss i use 2h combos both from higher surv stats from eapon and easyer agro switch if im behind i rotate bb7, bh 5 feint, gods, and breach. most importently u shud try to hit unshielded síde, so also adjust ure combos to that.

Conq is rather easy on switching weps. A hybrid barb in pvp however switch madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstere View Post
    both, for pve and pvp, weapon swapping is must

u swapp weapon for debuff, cc, burst dps. if u dont do that - u cant do good

Kind of a rule for almost all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    If you want to be the best Brute Tank you can be you need to nearly keep blood bath 7 (dual weild combo) on cooldown.
    haha, don't tell tman from rogue angel that or he'll just get angry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12