Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ToS PvE Spec help!

Default ToS PvE Spec help!

So much talk about PvP - spec and non of PvE. If just u ToS vets would throw me a bone here and link Good DPS - spec, Heal - spec and also in between - spec

Tell also u'r thought's about rotatio.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by ocasta View Post
    So much talk about PvP - spec and non of PvE. If just u ToS vets would throw me a bone here and link Good DPS - spec, Heal - spec and also in between - spec

thx
    If you look at the PvP specs that have been posted they work just as well in PvE the specs with thunder and top end of lightning tend to be the higher dps builds but you will do great dps with a thunder and general build as well.

There really is no need to have duel feat builds for PvE and PvP on a TOS but you may want a duel build for a ranged dps and aoe dps build depending on what PvE encounters you are doing.

http://is.gd/S8bsRf

something like that maybe? I havnt played my tos in a while.

This is my PVE build for T4. http://goo.gl/OVhek

Points could be moved around however, I chose this build because I like Column Lightning and Aura/Bubble on Thunder tree. Probably better to spec Thundering Voice T3 or Faithful of Set for more healing. I have never specd Gen and don't recommend it except for testing.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by ocasta View Post
    Tempests have basically zero spell synergy - just keep everything on cooldown and spam blue heal if you can't cast anything else at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Tempests have basically zero spell synergy - just keep everything on cooldown and spam blue heal if you can't cast anything else at the moment
    Zero spell synergy? Quite the opposite.

1. Always cast curse of set prior to casting dps. It debuffs and buffs.

2. Lightning strikes will put disruptive charge debuff on you, giving a 1% decrease to damage on call lightning and lightning strike for 5 minutes requiring you to requiring you to cast Life of set to remove. Please note this debuff can increase 5 times to 5%, which may not sound like a lot, but is.

3. Running Storm Field prohibits you from using Lightning Strike.

4. Use Call Lightning early in your rotation, it gives a damage buff, Growing Storm.

5. Call Lightning will put disruptive charge debuff on you, giving a 1% decrease to damage on call lightning and lightning strike for 5 minutes requiring you to requiring you to cast Life of set to remove. Please note this debuff can increase 5 times to 5%, which may not sound like a lot, but is.

6. Use lightning sparks early if you can, it adds a nice debuff on target for elemental attacks.

There are more, but this is just to show there should be consideration made to your rotation.

why do ppl still waste 5 points in wrath of the serpent ring? i havent feated it since one-shot era.. (patch 1.04)

@Halfdead, power of the serpent ring is an awesome spell that needs to be used in key situations, you cant waste it on a short dmg buff, for PVE better move those points to symbiotic idol.
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 19th March 2013 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    The secret of playing tos is making sure you never get to the point with "everything on cooldown". This advice you're giving Misi will make OP mediocre at best. It's what a tos should work with to avoid!

Weave in Life of Set and Charged Blast even when have some other "desireable" spells ready. What many don't realise is the power of LoS+CB. Exploiting these low cooldown spells, "giving you time" will make it possible for you to always have spells available. Not only are they this, but they are top tier damagedealers when you consider CB with high crit chance and LoS amplifying your own dps aswell as others with Stormcharge.

As for spell syngergy I agree with Mrcorp. There is plenty to be found.
    Though feating Wrath of the Serpent is something I wouldn't do for the reason Barrefaeli mentioned, but for a pure burst / damage build I would get it over Thunder Storm.

It would look like this:
    http://goo.gl/XbE7y

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Zero spell synergy? Quite the opposite.
    It was a jest, hence the wink at the end

You are right and what you wrote is true to all AoC classes... but you also have to admit that there are classes that have to keep much more specific rotations (to proc specific effects or because combo x is with direct synergy to combo y), while ToS is closer to demo in this regard (keeping buffs on, debuffs off and everything else on cooldown).

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    The secret of playing tos is making sure you never get to the point with "everything on cooldown".
    Keeping everything on cooldown... c'mon, you know what I was talking about. Hybrid demo is the best example of this, because he has less spells and almost perfect cooldowns (Shock, HS, WoF, Shocklance, Shockstrike) - there's no way you can keep all of them on cooldown if you aren't casting them in the right sequence. But cooldowns are the only thing that matters, you will only loose dps because f.e. instants went off cooldown during WoF channelling, not because there's a synergy between their effects.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 19th March 2013 at 13:20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast