Thread: New Conqy lvl 80

Default New Conqy lvl 80

Hello everyone i just hited 80 today and started to run arround to get the dailys. I dont have in mind to tank and want to play in DPS build . I started in carnage tree with dualwield but it was like kamikaze i died a lot . So i turned in brute with some armor and improved defencive stance from general and play now with 2HE .

Is it ok to play with 2 HE in Brute for dps is the first question and second i want to know about the AA's to give for DPSing .

I have in mind to take the heavy set from Tigers and the Honors Focus from Last Legion ....Wait for suggestions and comments

For solo Brute has more survivability and still puts out a lot of numbers. Key is to get GoDS fully buffed down at the bottom with Improved Dancing Steel, maxed throat Slash and the single point in scourge. Hit that, weapon swap to dual wield for a top rank of bloodbath+breach+throatslash, then back to 2h for Feint Attack.

For groups go Carnage+General. Cycle Whirlwind, top rank of Bloodbath, and top or second from top Bloody Hack.

I recommend Burning Standard and Will of Vivification for solo, swapping Viv for Onslaught when I am dpsing. Keep your disciplines and techniques on cooldown at all times.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Carnage conq has stupid dps so you'd do great with that. But in general, places that have no space for a dps soldier in groups starts to appear after a certain point, then you should be able to at least offtank (which can be done with carnage) and eventually at the highest ends of pve even offtanking fails and you must be a proper brute tank (a very long away for you but still).

Brute conq is also not bad in frenzy (nowhere as silly as carnage though) but you'll be expected to tank if you go around sporting a giant sword.

Get Tiger armors for dps and Wolves plates for tanking. Then mix them up to calibrate your tanky/dpsful ratio depending on the encounter.

Brute dps not competitive. If you don't want to tank, you want to go carnage/general.
    While soloing, you're less sqiushy if you don't stay in frenzy all the time (do Bloodbath in defstance, then Whirlwind and switch to frenzy just before the finisher). Also, if you're following the builds in the "How to PvE Conq" thread: screw improved frenzy, go for iron skin instead. Way better for soloing, and in groups you almost never need that much dps (aggro limits you anyway).
    Remember to constantly use your buffs (Rend, Technique, Banner, Bladeweave). UseOnslaught/BurningStandart for soloing, Onslaught/FortifyingStandart for dpsing groups/raids.

As a general rule, though: Nobody wants a pure dps conq; you *will* be expected to tank. There are some serviceable carnage tanking builds, but for proper tanking you will need at least one brute tanking build.

As for PvE AA Perks: Get Battlefield Commander ASAP. The other AAs (for dps) are pretty self explanatory - take whatever says it increases your dps (although you DO want Resolve and Rear Guard if you want to play in groups). Generally speaking, spending a few points in everything is better then maxing out a single AA.

Gear: For dps, get Tamarin Tiger heavy armour. For tanking, get Last Legion +hate plate (although some wolf stuff like belt/boots is good too). You'll need some protection gear too - Crafted blue Lvl 80 armour with prot gems is the (very) poor man's choice, Legion prot plate is better if you can afford it.
    Last edited by Lavok; 4th November 2013 at 12:23.

in solo questing go for brute, get searing sword from empty instances, hit for ur daily questing and u see that even as naked conq with decent sword u can do greatly

go for Battle field commander perk
    The Law

carnage is beast dps. why they wouldn't want in raids? only geared sins ever beat me on parse. then again I havnt played on set with all the t4 crap. I want some t4 1handers please

Quote Originally Posted by Baasar View Post
    carnage is beast dps. why they wouldn't want in raids?
    One problem with carnage conqs is that they pull aggro very easily. While we can often survive that, there are some bosses where turning the boss towards the dps group (or even worse: making it move) can wipe the raid.

Apart from that, it's not that nobody wants dps conqs in their raids. There are raid bosses that need only 2 (or even 1) tank, and there are raid bosses that need 6 or even 7. Those 7 soldiers don't want to have yet another pure dps soldier (who rolls on their gear) in their raids. So many conqs tank whenever lots of tanks are needed, and dps whenever possible.