Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystical Bane

Default Mystical Bane

I know DTs are getting a heavy Nerf Bat, but those nerfs do not effect one seriously broken mechanic; Mana drains. DTs can spam Mystical Bane, making most casters virtually useless. To make a caster (especially a ToS which I main) go OOM, a DT needs to use two ranks of Mystical bane and a Seal of Chaos to completely shut them down. ToS in particular have mana regenerating spells / feats, but they do not help enough to compensate.

The nerf I would like to see would be to make all Mystical Bane ranks share cooldown, that way the DT can only use one rank. Another idea(and perhaps even better) I have heard from guild members would be to make the mana drain portion of the combo on a cooldown that shares duration with the cooldown of the combo, that way you can only drain mana once even while using multiple ranks.

Please don't take this suggestion harshly DTs, even you must know how broken this mechanic is.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Are you sure you're not mistaking manadrain from Mystical Bane with Seal of Yog CoI x10 drain?

Mystical Banes are not that devastating. Stop with the bs. Mystical Banes only "help", they're ok.

Nah, I have been dueling a DT guildy on Test Live (so were both PvP 10), and all he has to do is spam Mystical Banes, and I become useless. One of the duels we had was a 5 minute duel (outhealed his damage, but couldn't hurt him because of being OOM). With Storm Field costing 1/4th my mana, it is extremely hard to deal damage while always below 10% mana.

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Sure, we must balance the game based on duels ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    With Storm Field costing 1/4th my mana, it is extremely hard to deal damage while always below 10% mana.
    You only have 4k mana? If so, then that is the problem, not the DTs Mystical Banes. My ToS isn't exactly super geared, got blue accessories and scarlet circle gear with tiger staff. Got 7k mana...

Well the DT is the official "magic tank" in AoC......what did you expect????

Some classes are more suited to taking on other classes.....thats why there are 12 classes.

Sure some balance is out but if you balance classes soley based on its ability to duel then you may as well have on one class and everyone plays it.....ie you can never balance a class based on duels
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You only have 4k mana? If so, then that is the problem, not the DTs Mystical Banes. My ToS isn't exactly super geared, got blue accessories and scarlet circle gear with tiger staff. Got 7k mana...
    He said on TL, and the changes to the pvp gear has really been a detriment to mana pools. I don't know what the stats are, but I think the mana pool is around 5-6k with only about 40-80 natural mana regeneration from what someone had posted for a necro, so I am assuming the ToS/PoM are somewhat worse off because most of their gear gives less than 50 wisdom a piece.
    Doomsayer 2008

They have added mana and mana regen to the new pvp set (tos & Pom at least) but those changes are not on TL yet.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    a DT needs to use two ranks of Mystical bane and a Seal of Chaos to completely shut them down.
    I think The serious problem is the mana drain from Seal of chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Storm Field costs around 1400 mana. My ToS on TL has 6k mana, so I guess I over exaggerated when I said 1/4th, it's more like 1/5th. Imagine what it would be like for a poorly geared ToS.

Very frustrating to be unable to play your class due to being OOM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast