Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for a good dt combo rotation

Default Advice for a good dt combo rotation

I would like to hear some input on good combo rotation for talismon dt wanting to start main tanking instances

Slam, wait for slam to come off cooldown, slam, wait for slam to come off cooldown, slam, repeat, repeat.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

What ever combo that hits the least shielded side, in order of preference, Dooming Presence, Leech Life, A Soul for our Feast, Blood for Aid, Mystical Bane and Unhallowed Blight.

But 2 rank of LL should be rotate every 2 other combos just to keep heath tap acceptable.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

I prefer leech life 5 first since it's faster, and easier to take aggro with.

I've parsed many DTs who tank well, and observed almost as many differences in combo priorities. Some prefer BfA 4+5 others 3+4. Some will prioritize MB when available, while one liked various ranks of ASfoF with BfA for Touch of Death procs.

The trick is to consistently maintain 5-6 stacks of VoM. If you can't do that easily you'll find your performance unpredictable. In my experience you need ~25% crit chance to easily maintain those stacks. Might need a crit pot. Spec Desecrated Blood and spam BfA also works well.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I prefer leech life 5 first since it's faster, and easier to take aggro with.
    I've run into a number of good DTs who have given me tips; yet I have difficulty grabbing aggro ~ and when I do get it; it's easily stolen. So I guess what I'm asking here is; Is LL the key factor?

Having to pop goad or the AA'd aggro steal puts a noob -target on my head. I wish someone would put up a DT-101 video on YouTube. Ive been able to grasp all other classes with some research.

Ty for any assist.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I've run into a number of good DTs who have given me tips; yet I have difficulty grabbing aggro ~ and when I do get it; it's easily stolen. So I guess what I'm asking here is; Is LL the key factor?

Having to pop goad or the AA'd aggro steal puts a noob -target on my head. I wish someone would put up a DT-101 video on YouTube. Ive been able to grasp all other classes with some research.

Ty for any assist.
    No, LL is not as important for Desecration heavy builds in the sense it adds nothing special for VoM compared with other combos, but it is still important for the leech and middle attack. On the other hand if you have Vile Gluttony, LL is AWESOME (Zone of Gluttony with damage helps proc VoM), but that's pretty deep into Depravity - overall you'd lose DPS/mitigation going down there. Better with Desecration/General and just a small bit of Depravity.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

LL, asfof, dooming presence, unhallowed blight, mystical bane, and BfA in accordance to where their shields are. Sticking to a rotation isn't really needed since DTs have a lot of variance in the directions their combos land.

Hitting unshielded sides is less important on a DT than any other melee class due to how much of the damage comes from procs rather than actual combo damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast