Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Nordheim Tale - RP on Crom

Default A Nordheim Tale - RP on Crom

OOC: This is the diary of Ravnhild of the guild, The Nordheim Saga. It depicts what events ICly takes place during the RP we do and encounter.

Each post marks what happened in one day of gametime

Please note that the entries penned only reflects events as Ravnhild ICly experiences them as she struggles to restore her ancestral home of Frigard and OOC explanations for various characters' behaviour is not given.

---------------------------------------------------------

Month of the Snow Ape, Weod-mónaþ, Year of the Lion
    ¤
    Frigard is a desolate place. The raid has made its mark on the place but the passing time even more so. It will be a challenge to rebuild and recover back to a remnant of past glory.
    Guilt is still eating fiercely away at me but I am home

¤
    People are slowly starting to return, bringing the sounds of their toil and labour with them. We are starting to get somewhere.

¤
    The people are not of any specific clan, nor race, even. The shunned, the outcasts they make their way here to start a new life. They are welcome to try. If I can, I will aid them.
    Don’t we all deserve a second chance?

¤
    Met the Skald, Skjaldvar, last son of Rhuldofr, while provisioning in Conarch. He seems to have left the South, where I first met him, for now. I have offered him the hospitality of Frigard as well as whomever he should choose to bring along.
    His songs and tales may bring light back to these halls.
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 24th November 2013 at 06:51.

Month of the Fish, Hærfest-mónaþ, Year of the Lion

¤
    Skjaldvar approached me with rumor of an Aesir travelling band ambushed in Conall’s valley; sent off to the slave market of Tortage. We both agreed to pool ressources to locate the Aesir band as well as mount a punitive expedition upon the Vanir and the slavers.

We are a free people

¤
    Encountered Emil, whom I have met in Khemi a few times, in the Conarch tavern. That is a man troubled by both his distant and closer past. He was staring a lot into a locket he kept around his neck containing a lock of red hair.

¤
    Skjaldvar has brought news of the location of the Aesir warband in Tortage. Tomorrow we travel to break their shackles

Month of the Fish, Winterfylleth, Year of the Lion

¤
    A refugee from Asheim has arrived in Conarch, Birsa. She's a young woman of perhaps sixteen winters, soft-spoken and, I reckon, likely to capture many hearts in these parts, I reckon. Birsa told me of how King Wrede had sent away the women and children before the Hyperboreans assaulted the city. We know not more of their fate, at this point.

I have offered Birsa shelter behind the walls of Frigard, which she accepted with both relief and dignity

¤
    We have arrived in Tortage, Jewel of the Barachans, or the Cesspit of Depravity depending on your tastes. Skjaldvar has set out to 'secure' a ship while Birsa I and have set out to locate the Aesirs.

Back home they will be harvesting now..

¤
    Mission accomplished, I reckon. I managed to release the prisoners with a minimum of dead and all Red Hand and we got them to the ship helped by Iranos, an Aquilonian noble and Sanetta, who I presume to be his current mistress.

The Aesir are a motley crew. Some of them wounded but most of them suspicious and moody by nature.
    It seems it did not sit well by them to be freed by a woman. The crew seems to be led by Thoryg, a boorish man with some animal cunning and a pride too big for his shoulders. His henchman, Svennik seems of the same sort, just without the cunning. Tyraegar, their guide, seems a somewhat more cheerful sort, though he follows Thoryg by example. A woman, Mordance, has kept mostly quiet, tending to her wounds. Of them all, I reckon she may be the brightest. She figured she had to keep low in that Group to stay with them.

A Vanir slave, Jaeva, came to our help during the rescue. We offered her a place on 'our' ship, but she refused as she still had kin in the dungeons. Would that I could have stayed. I left her with a purse to help her way and a promise that she could have a home in Frigard, should she so choose.

How inadequate one can feel..
    ¤
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 24th November 2013 at 06:52.

Month of the Rat, Blót-mónaþ, Year of the Lion

¤
    Cimmerian soil under my bootheel again. It feels good to be home.

Soon will come the time to hunt the great Mammoth

¤
    Visited the inn in Conarch. Jaeva made to Conarch and has taken a job there serving the tables. She is of a natural flirtatious nature and will probably Draw even more business.

¤
    Visited the inn again and came across Thoryg and his crew. They were trying to harass Cirene with their usual loutish attitude, but didn't get anywhere. They had no idea how Lucky they were that Cirene was feeling gracious.
    Dear friend as she is, she is also an unparalelled killer without restraint when the mood hits her.
    After I arrived the crew soon left, after having shown their usual derision towards me. A drunken follower, who appears to be Tyraegar's father tried to slap me in his drunken stupor, when I told him not to harrass Jaeva. A simple sidestep sufficed to make him retreat, grumbling. I felt the Remnant tearing at his chain to be released..

¤
    Birsa has found two friends, who also escaped the attack on Asheim, Kareth and Isylde. Both young mothers. How they made the trek through the wilderness, I can only speculate on. They seem resourcefull women.
    Kareth is Vanir and I sense a fire in her spirit to compare with the colour of her crimson hair.
    They both took my offer of hospitality and all now reside in Frigard.

¤
    Lord Vahram, the Turanian horselord, is visiting Conarch, claiming to want to hunt for big game. I sense he has other prey on his mind as he courted me ferociously most of the evening and even tried to give me a kiss.
    That man is as hillarious as his hats.

Thoryg approached my table during the evening, "asking" for help in retrieving a map from the Vanir, which they took from him upon his capture. Mordance tells me the map is held by a warrior named Grimnir. Against my better judgement I agreed to help Thoryg. Mordance seemed to want me to, and I respect the woman, if not the company of her choice

¤
    Celebration night. Emil revisited Conarch this evening and it wasn't long before friends, old and new, were crawling out of the woodwork. Hedge of the Fallen was even there to Skjaldvar's great delight.
    Emil's Brother, Atlis, also turned up. Of course Skjaldvar knew him too. Is there anyone that man doesn't know? Probably not. After all, they can hear him in Brythunia when he bellows.

Tyraegar and Birsa revealed their betrothal to each other, much to my surprise. It will probably not be long before she runs his household completely.. But for now they are in love.

Atlis challenged me to a friendly duel. He was fast, but I'm completely satisfied with my own performance and fighting shape.

A stranger, Ornellah, approached me to inquire about the nearby lands. She would not reveal what an Aquilonian was searching for in these parts, but asked permission to contact me later in more private surroundings.

Another friend of Skjaldvar's turned up, Belenous. He seemed cordial enough and though grim at first appearance seemed to have a ready smile.

A merry evening in good Company. The World seems to shine these days

¤
    The morning brought a messenger from Lord Vahram with a letter. I reckon that's why he asked me the other day if I could read...
    I'm not entirely clear on what his purpose in writing the letter was. To explain his heritage as well as his influence in Turan or to tell me he intends to woo and bed me?
    He stated all things perfectly clear.

¤

Month of the Rat, Blót-mónaþ, Year of the Lion

¤
    News from Amazonia. A new Regent has been chosen and will be crowned this month.
    Must travel to Amazonia soon. Perhaps I will have the chance to cross blades with Syeriah, The Amazon Champion
    ¤

Month of the Sparrow, Blót-mónaþ, Year of the Lion

¤
    A stranger at the gates of Frigard. A southron woman, perilously fatigued from her journey here. Her caravan was beset by Vanir raiders and only she escaped with her life, when they took her for dead. The rest, men women and children are back to the mud.
    I offered Brynhild the hospitality of Frigard for as long as she needs and wants.
    She is a Seidr, a weaver of fire and spirits. Though frail of body I sense the strength of her mind and determination. Most important of all I sense a goodness of Heart, though she seems conflicted with guilt over past deeds.

I know that feeling well.

¤
    Skjaldvar brought me what maps and scout reports he could of the Vanir presence in our lands. My heart screams at me to mount a punitive expedition against the Redheads. They have become too bold by far. My instincts tell me to stay my hand, though. There is a pattern to their actions I cannot yet perceive. A hidden hand pushing and prodding the Vanir and Ymirish warriors.

The hand and mind must be known. What is the purpose of these wanton raids?

¤
    Met Skjaldvar at the gates as I was preparing to send off our first trade caravan.
    Was in an odd mood, so when he started to praise 'The Valkyire' for all her achievements, I drew him aside.
    I told him what I was; what I have done. I wanted him to recoil in disgust, name me that dreadest of all names.

He did not

Instead he confessed his deepest affections for me; his undying love. He kissed me.
    I had not seen that coming.
    I must consider both my own heart and future dealings with Skjaldvar well. Too often have I reacted spontaneously only to bring despair to those I loved after the bliss of the moment has ended.
    I must consider where my responsibility lies. He does have a cute bum, though.

I did not tell him of the Remnant
    ¤

¤
    Southrons coming out of the woodwork in Conarch lately! First Iranos showed up to state he would not leave "before he claimed what he came for" then Emil turned up as well as Ornellah.
    Ornellah seeks a ruin of Archeron origin deep in hostile territory, Ymir's Pass. I know too well of the one she seeks, but my time to go there is not yet. I fear the Gate would not stay closed and how it would affect the Remnant at this point.
    I guided her in Emil's direction and after a lot of sullen silences between those two, he agreed to take her.
    They spoke of curses, beserkers and hounds... It is not pups of darkness, I fear, but there is nowhere His presence is stronger nor the Call of Blood..

Tyr showed up as well. Took the opportunity to discreetely suggest making an honourable woman of Birsa. It was obvious from his body language and facial expressions he has claimed her already.

I expect to hear news of their betrothal in the morning.

¤

¤
    First punitive foray into the heart of Vanir territory, what the locals call the House of Crom, was successful. I am proud of my sword-kin

¤
    Tyr has spoken the Words to Birsa and she has accepted!
    The ceremony will be held at the Wyrdstone, the most sacred location in Cimmeria.

¤
    Took Birsa to the nearby settlement of Bloodline to get her something befitting the bride-to-be.
    Somewhat costly, but this is just what Frigard needs, and no expanses should be spared

Took the opportunity to visit the Knights Glade, to behold the tomb of the last Atalantean bloodline.
    I remember the vows spoken; they are not forgotten.

I met with King Johannas and Cirene to speak of future construction possibilities in Frigard. It was unavoidable that Cirene and I should end up in the ring, but I fear her duties had her distracted from performing her best.
    The victories felt hollow.

¤
    Upon returning to Frigard the news of the upcoming wedding had spread. The menfolk had already gathered to hunt the great mammoth for meat.
    I chose to retire to ponder the maps depicting the Vanir incursion.

Their pattern still eludes me
    ¤

¤
    Death has come knocking on the gates of Frigard. A Vanir of exceedingly great height delivered the headless corpse of Torigar at our gates. A scout in the area, Caleadin, observed and approached the Vanir. Blades were held and Words of Honour spoken. Of Torigar's mettle in combat until the Vanir, Radulv, had personally beheaded him.
    Torigar's skull now rests with Radulv's Collection. A collection he implied, also held the skull of Rhudolfr; Skjaldvar's reknown father, though he was said to have been slain by Jotuns

Tyr was devastated by the death of his father. He spoke harsh words to his companions and anyone who would get close. We all understood and forgive.
    Most likely he will go on a rampage, shedding Vanir blood to sate his need of revenge. Should he survive it, the only outcome will be more widows, more orphans.. And thus more blood.

The cycle continus as it has since the dawn of time.
    Blood begets blood
    ¤
    As a sidenote I expelled Iranos from Frigard today, when he vehemently lashed out at our Seidr, Brynhild.
    Granted, he might have been frustrated that I rejected his advancements, which he so casually flung across the corpse of Torigar. He seems to be used to women more willing to spread their legs for him.
    Then, when he was even further disrespectful of the dead, I called him on it, in a manner that made him see widsom in leaving the temple.
    Unfortunately, the wisdom didn't last long and when he saw Brynhild his bigotry got the better of him.
    He is no longer welcome within the walls of Frigard. I will not accept those of under my protection to suffer fools in what should be their haven.

Today's only pleasant surprise was that Caleadin, the scout, asked leave to stay in Frigard for a time. He seems capable and his skills will come in handy.
    ¤

¤
    Omnious news from the North. Clan Lothbrok has ceased to exist.
    A Named Man, Fynrar Arrowbiter, brought me the news of his clan's demise in a mighty avalanche in the Shield Wall Pass. By rocks, ice and snow they are now released from their ancient duties and vows.

When spring approaches we must send out a party to scout the pass for openings into the Vanir Heartlands.
    Openings can be used both ways, though.
    ¤
    A young woman, Valtraxia, approached me in Conarch seeking refuge. She had lived most of her life in the claws of slavers, having been taken in a raid in her childhood. She has little recollection of life as it where before her captivity.
    She had approached Seidr Brynhild who had pointed her my way.

Along with Fynrar she will accompany me to Frigard on the morn.
    ¤
    The evening held festivities as Jaev served the utmost delicious foods. The larders are fully stocked and then some after the menfolks' hunt. The upcoming wedding this Friday will probably deplete the larder somewhat. While there was meat aplenty I noticed Jaev wisely withheld products that will not be replacable during the coming Winter. She is a cunning one, which her latest admirer seems to recognize as well.
    Tyr has calmed down, resigning himself to a promised revenge on the Vanir Chieftain, Radulv, and taking comfort in the fact that Torigar fell in battle.
    He offered Words of apologies to me for harsh words spoken, which I accepted.
    ¤
    Upon gentle questioning of Birsa my suspicion regarding the Asheim tragedy was confirmed.
    She chose to trust me, and I will not fail that trust. I must, however, ponder what ramifications her secret may hold for Frigard.

Should this become public knowledge, Birsa's life, among others, would almost certainly be forfeit
    ¤
    Last edited by Lleilwin; 25th November 2013 at 08:05.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast