Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Most enjoyable class for a soloing non-PvPer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonda View Post
    How is HoX survivability while soloing? It does seem like a FUN class, but as I'm mostly going to solo this can become an issue. Thanks for all the great replies everyone!
    It is perfect, and it needs no adjustment. Combos have a good speed, considering the damage. CC the enemies and deal the crazy combo damage. Chase the moving ones with finishers of pillars or molten steel slashes. You have two anti-CCs (purge and Ethereal Escape), and your massive AoE damage just leaves no chance for the enemy. Also, when you are in the demonic form, you gain a lot of extra protection, knockback resistance, fear resistance, armor, and looks. You also have +1650 cold resistance buff that is good sometimes when you know what damage is coming onto you. HoXes are immortal and near impossible to get rid of with their 2 self-resurrections!

I say, pick and praise the HoX!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 11th March 2013 at 07:01.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I do only solo pve.
    Hox is fun to level up, but has a very low survivability. I find him to weak for Kithai...it's no fun.
    Hox can do good damage, but you need to get close to the mob.

Brute conq is kinda boring but very good soloer.
    Untill now, I find the DT the best soloer...tanking+damage
    Last edited by itoewa; 13th March 2013 at 12:23.

^ Most pure dps classes are squishy in Khitai, so they need maximize their dps and use CCs to kill enemies fast without taking much damage. And this is what's fun about them

Quote Originally Posted by itoewa View Post
    I do only solo pve.
    Hox is fun to level up, but has a very low survivability. I find him to weak for Kithai...it's no fun.
    Brute conq is kinda boring but very good soloer.
    Untill now, I find the DT the best soloer...tanking+damage
    HoX is cloth-armor user, not heavy/full plate!

HoX can walk all of Kithai but needs a lot of passive AA's (protection, cc-resistance), decent gear and RSoX-perk.
    Don't think you can enter Paikang with only 2 points in Precise/Pressing Strikes and lvl 7x blues.

You start in NG with minimum lvl 80 blues and preferably also some T1 (or higher) epic gear.
    Then you work your way up replacing lvl 80 blues with Kithai blues or epic gear.
    When you have gathered some better gear you will also have had some full mastery bars. This will enable you to get some much needed protection and/or DPS/Hitrating.
    Also you can spend some expertise points for CC-resitances.
    Start time-training Red shadows of Xotli a.s.a.p. It is your best 24/7 survival tool.
    This way you move from NG to Chosain to Kara Korum.
    In Kara Korum you can start speeding up your hunt for epics by doing RotA-runs for Rare Relics.

When you have some faction epics and preferably a Flame of Trial you can think of going to Paikang finally.

Also try not to pull more than 2 or 3 mobs of you current "maximum" level.
    If it does happen hit your "oh-****-button" a.k.a. Phoenix Cloak and survive. This only works every 5 minutes though.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by itoewa View Post
    Hox is fun to level up, but has a very low survivability.
    Survivability is for cowards. Get back up and kill your enemies. All soldiers are too powerful aka boring in solo.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Survivability is for cowards. Get back up and kill your enemies. All soldiers are too powerful aka boring in solo.
    truth!

There is a hump for HoXes to overcome in Khitai (and just as you were getting used to level 70-80 mobs killing you dead with all their new CCs) but if you pull just 1-2 at a time for a little while, get used to burning cooldowns every fight, and either buy some culture gear or quickly farm up your chosen faction (Brittle Blade, usually), you'll be back up to your Unholy Hand Grenade ways soon enough. I went in at 78 on my most recent HoX -- with three pieces of Nemedian Cursecaller -- and after about 10 hours of hell (mmm, Hell!) was chugging along quite nicely.

If at any point you are feeling like Khitai is just too hard for an ungeared HoX, try queueing for a minigame. That will put Khitai into perspective promptly.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

If it really comes to the question "most enjoyable class..." my vote comes ofc to HoX. I tried most of classes but HoX is really unique experience and not only in this game.
    Suprisingly it is not as strong class in PvP (you need very good movement) but you said that you are not interested into that at the moment (and soon here comes deserved revamp) and frankly if it will not be as easy in PvE it is only good, isn´t it right?
    Some places in Khitai might be more difficult but still it would be finaly doable and you can always get to some group either... so grab it and enjoy

Btw Barb is simple but also great fun... probably most popular class over long run from very start of this game
    Last edited by Shiwan; 16th March 2013 at 01:54.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Duel wield barbs at 80 I find really fun

barbs at high lvl with dance of death plus wreck armor and also stuning them with earth shatter, allows you to kill a lot in a single fight....i manage once to kill 6 tamarin tigers at mellee with that combinations (with zerker stance)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234