Thread: Feast of the dead

Default Feast of the dead

I have attempted this quest a couple times. As part of the quest I need to kill a mage type mob that has a permanent "bubble" and I can not do any damage with any spell or CC I have. I Kited one and his imp a little way off to avoid other agro and kept healing myself waiting for his bubble to go away or for his mana to run out. After 20 minutes and no mana used and mob still at 39% (same as when bubble first came up) I gave up and ran off.

What am I missing? How does one kill these to complete this quest?

Thanks

Ok since I don't have the game in english, I'm not sure about the name of the quest, but I guess it's the one for the Tigers in chosain where you have to attack the scholar's tower ?

If so, look for the buff of the mobs you attack. They cycle through like 5 different buff (the different phases of the moon). Just attack when the buff is not the strongest one or not the bubble and you're set. Because once you've engaged the fight, the buff don't change anymore, it is stuck to the one that was up when you attacked.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Don't attack when the buff is blue if you're a mage/tos/pom, and don't attack when the buff is yellow if you're deal physical dmg.

Well thanks. You say the buff (bubble) does not change, but I am able to get them down to like 39% health before they become invulnerable. Is that because a knockback resets it?

This blog goes into detail on how the Moon Children works http://cynarablog.wordpress.com/2012...moon-children/

They are quite annoying.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Well thanks. You say the buff (bubble) does not change, but I am able to get them down to like 39% health before they become invulnerable. Is that because a knockback resets it?
    The 'buff' changes on a timer so the best solution is to target the moonchild and attack just as it changes to a phase that works for your class, i.e. green, blue, red for melee or green, white, red for casters. Note that on red it's best to kill the moonchild first as it gives an almost full heal to the scholar. Yellow is possible on melee or caster but you need to cc the 'moonwalk' fear and there is a small magic resistance buff too so melee would find it easier.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.