Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which helmet? indomitable or fearless?

126 protection is not exactly huge either. When wearing full protection, I got 57,7% thats without protection items in helm, wrist, legs and weapon. Swapping my helm out for 126 prot one would increase the protection by 0,8% or thereabouts. I usually put my best wisdom gear in the slots where my worst protection items are until I have around 50% prot.
    Last edited by Shax84; 16th January 2014 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    126 protection is not exactly huge either. When wearing full protection, I got 57,7% thats without protection items in helm, wrist, legs and weapon. Swapping my helm out for 126 prot one would increase the protection by 0,8% or thereabouts. I usually put my best wisdom gear in the slots where my worst protection items are until I have around 50% prot.
    You could probably get more aggro when you use fearless helm and fearless/BD minor pieces without gimping yourself to go for a build with invulnerable soul and using cov of invulnerability.

I get about 50% without using things like BD chest/legs and T3 ring that would gimp my hit/crit ratings. I have the same build for prot and mitigation with the difference that in my protection build I have stone-skin in stead of iron skin and one point in talisman mastery.
    (got Wyrm tali and hex spells are useful for determining the correct illusion on emperor)
    Personally I feel my aggro is higher this way so that is why I chose the FS helm first.

Ofc this would also work with the BD helm but your hitrating would likely be too low for T4 then.

People that say you might aswell get the tigerhelm when you consider the Indomitable one haven't taken in account tali DT's. When I use the tigerhelm I can't meet the mitigation threshold in T4 anymore. This is a problem for example on Imp. Using Indomitable gear I can stay in frenzy all the time and dps my ass off. When I pull anyways (you are bound to on a DT) I can just switch to defensive and be at a comfortable 54.5 mitigation and tank stuff if I want or wait until another soldier grabs it again.

Both got their pro's and con's. It isn't written in stone but I think it would benefit your raidforce a bit more if you get the Fearless first because of better overall stats.

If I spec for more dps in the prot build, I'm gonna have issues with locking Emperor too often. Already with CoI I can tank myself to death. Don't forget that with stacks of Invulnerable Soul you'll get +10% crit chance when you use the Seal of Yog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12