Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidar's DT guide

Well i have 55% mitigation if i feat improved defensive stance(around 53% without imp def stance i think) so i guess i can get away with a little lower armor, right?

Basically i have khitai purple on all slots i can buy and t2 on the rest(drops) except belt which is the crappy t3 heavy belt. lol
    But i may have too low crit rating tho. thinks it is around 15% depending on accessories. but i have an old shield(alkmemnon or something) and a craftet blue talisman + scepter of return. im working on getting blossoming death since ibis and raid weapons is more or less out of the question right now.

Quote Originally Posted by etrym View Post
    Well i have 55% mitigation if i feat improved defensive stance(around 53% without imp def stance i think) so i guess i can get away with a little lower armor, right?

Basically i have khitai purple on all slots i can buy and t2 on the rest(drops) except belt which is the crappy t3 heavy belt. lol
    But i may have too low crit rating tho. thinks it is around 15% depending on accessories. but i have an old shield(alkmemnon or something) and a craftet blue talisman + scepter of return. im working on getting blossoming death since ibis and raid weapons is more or less out of the question right now.
    Those are pretty reasonable figures and if your DPS is high enough 55% is probably enough to main tank just about any 6man. 15% hit rating should be high enough for most 6mans too though you'll want progressively more as you go to T4.

You'll probably actually find you'll lose a bit of mitigation as you go for khitai crit gear but the critigation and DPS will make up for it in the long run.

Anyway, each fight is different so mix it up based on the fight, your gear and your healers. It seems you are well on your way!

getting khitai blues while waiting for the epic drop is the most efficient way to gear up.

even naked you are usefull with dread and goad as an offtank.

Playing tali and DPSing is very rewarding cause you can use alot of blues cloth/light inclusive for the +magic dmg, and you probably will top the parser, however like Boesch said, its dangerous cause you are relying on the main tank's awareness and skill to survive.

I would suggest you run as undergeared offtank depravity dread, and practice rotating aggro maybe with a friend or just helping the main tank, using your dread or the reliable goad and irritate combo. to practice and understand aggro.

Its easy to tank but in my aoc experience that most rewarding thing is to play tank, and play it well. when you have aggro awareness people will rely on you all the time, and you will deliver, but to develop there is nothing else you can do but practice(and read).

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    Playing tali and DPSing is very rewarding cause you can use alot of blues cloth/light inclusive for the +magic dmg, and you probably will top the parser, however like Boesch said, its dangerous cause you are relying on the main tank's awareness and skill to survive.
    I just want to clarify that I did not suggest using cloth/light gear. I did recommend a desecration off tank which is heavy armour, lots of crit and a tali.

There's two things we don't need more of: carnage conqs and pyjama DTs.

Hello Sidar,

Thx for your very good work

If you have time, I would like your suggestions for some Tali builds for pvp.
    I have already tried a few Tali builds but without satisfaction...

With the recent changes, i prefer covenant of pestillance. How should a specc without covenants of arms look like? Thanks.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Unhappy Looking for a little HELP!!

Ok. I read this; a couple of times. I'm still have problems holding and taking aggro. Listed is my gear and spec. What am I doing wrong? I hit the straw man on Friday for like 236 dps. On Saturday it was 601 dps. Crit Chance 17.7%, Hit Bonus Chance 18.3%.

Head- Mask of Red Ruin
    Chest- Tiger
    Waist- Dark Messager
    Bracers- LL
    Hand- DT T3
    Leggs- LL
    Boots- Tiger
    Shield- Bloodbane
    Cloak- Black Dragon Cloak
    Weapon - Ibis
    Necklace- Abyssal Demon Pendant of Constitution
    Rings- The Fury of Iziel / Tricker's Charm
    VoM: Yes and slotted
    DS 5/5
    PS 5/5

Build: http://aocfeats.com/feat/dt/11f11174...1ae861f346205c
    Last edited by Narock90; 5th October 2014 at 22:06.

Your parser might be wrong, it's impossible to deal so low dps with a lv 80 DT. VoM would do more than that.

As for tha specc, don't specc both armor and protection in the same specc, that'll free 5 points that you can spend to max out pact of malacador (mandatory), then you need 1 point in blighted soul and 1 point in corrupt weapons, those will give you one more potential VoM proc each.

I would also not feat invulnerable soul for a regular specc, this is only good in a dedicated protection specc.
    I would also forget curse of gwalhur, it's rather useless now.

A for the depravity side, i would not fully feat mystical bane, instead i would get vigour leech and ether leech, on top of soul barrier and soul infusion, which is rather sweet.
    I would also get mind shatter, i just love that 360° AoE stun. Popping that right in the middle of a bunch of adds is yummy for VoM.

I would also not feat sustained rage, and get improved defensive stance instead. Frankly, those 15% weapon damage will not do that much for you as DT.

You won't lock agro with that build and if a good Conqueror or Guardian comes along he will lock it from you.

Question is, are you generating enough hate to not lose agro to dps, and to trade agro successfully with an offtank?

In your build you have feated both Arms and Invulnerability, which is kind of a waste in these multispec days. In regards to your gear which looks good enough, think about trying this build here: http://is.gd/svrPrS - if you want Curse of Gwahlur (personally I don't like it) you can pick a point out of Soul Infusion.

Really important about generating agro is to not have any pause between your hits. Each landing combo finisher applies a certain amount of agro, in addition to the damage you can put out. As soon as you see your character starts animation for a combo step or finisher, push the next button so that it is "in queue" to be done immediately after. Also, consantly using Irritate while performing a combo finisher animation also buffs agro of that landed finisher and enhances your agro.

It does sound like you are not parsing correctly. DPS is calculated in a real easy way, which is your total damage done towards a target divided on how many seconds you were in that encounter. You can see your hit numbers on the screen, if you can't make sure you have numbers activated in options, or make sure that you are actually hitting the Straw Man / target all along. Dark Templars have short range with their 1H weapons.

Typical Straw Man for a geared DT is 200,000 - 250,000 damage / 184 seconds = 1080 - 1350 dps.

Edit: what Mellaus said... However 5 points in Sustained Rage or 5 points in Blighted Soul does about the same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Narock90 View Post
    Ok. I read this; a couple of times. I'm still have problems holding and taking aggro. Listed is my gear and spec. What am I doing wrong? I hit the straw man on Friday for like 236 dps. On Saturday it was 601 dps. Crit Chance 17.7%, Hit Bonus Chance 18.3%.

Head- Mask of Red Ruin
    Chest- Tiger
    Waist- Dark Messager
    Bracers- LL
    Hand- DT T3
    Leggs- LL
    Boots- Tiger
    Shield- Bloodbane
    Cloak- Black Dragon Cloak
    Weapon - Ibis
    Necklace- Abyssal Demon Pendant of Constitution
    Rings- The Fury of Iziel / Tricker's Charm
    VoM: Yes and slotted
    DS 5/5
    PS 5/5

Build: http://aocfeats.com/feat/dt/11f11174...1ae861f346205c

Yea as others have said 236 DPS is not right and there is something up with the parse. One thing I can think of is you parsed somewhere like Khemi where there are other people about. I have popped a straw man in Khemi to test something and got the same problem as you, the parse was unrealistically low; only thing I can think of is some how the other players in the area are affecting the log and it thinks you are in combat before you have started to test on the straw man. So when it divides your total DPS by time in combat it appears really low.

To solve this make sure you type /logcombat on right before you start testing rather than starting it 2 minutes before you start testing on the straw man. Or do your parse in isolation like in your guild city.
    Last edited by Darm; 20th October 2014 at 13:06.