Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fangs of Set

Default Fangs of Set

After dueling pvp 7+ sins and shaman it has made it into my second spec. And seeing Gank run it in raids and still produce dps. Starting to think fangs of set is a legit build option for tos now. Problem is what do u do with other points besides filling out storm field?

Hey thanks for starting the thread again, Raist. I think it's definitely a great discussion topic for a viable spec.

This is roughly the build I use:

http://goo.gl/OHlPS

Of course, you will find a couple points that can be tailored to fit your needs. I have a point in force of lightning but from PvP testing it's tough to work it in the midst of battle.

Also, since it's right there just put 1 point in brain spasms for the cc break. Can't hurt!

Try it out & comment.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    can you post your spec?
    http://goo.gl/yPVSo

this is what i have tried, but don't like it. titanic storm is close to mandatory. totem gives a bunch of bang for the buck. but so many other points wasted.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

when fighting sins, bubble gives u more advantage than a spell that debuffs hit chance for 6 seconds and most likely be resisted by the OP gamebreaking lotus overload

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    when fighting sins, bubble gives u more advantage than a spell that debuffs hit chance for 6 seconds and most likely be resisted by the OP gamebreaking lotus overload

my 2 cents
    Not sure if you knew about the sin update that only allows it to proc every 10 seconds. With this change and the evade chance. ToS can win a battle even 1v1 against a pro sin.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    Not sure if you knew about the sin update that only allows it to proc every 10 seconds.
    ofc i know, but it procs for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, the 10 seconds interval starts from the second the proc hits, not ends, which means they are immune 50% of the time.

I like the idea of Fangs but against fully geared players how much of the chance to miss is mitigated by hit rating?

Gank, I know we talked about this before. I tried this on my ToS and it seemed to be really touch and go. I'm PvP 3 and it worked on the undergeared or similair geared players, but against some of the better geared guys I noticed I was still getting hit.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    ofc i know, but it procs for 5 seconds every 10 seconds, the 10 seconds interval starts from the second the proc hits, not ends, which means they are immune 50% of the time.
    Sin needs to be critically hit by a cast to trigger LO. So stop whining...

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Frenjoerd View Post
    Sin needs to be critically hit by a cast to trigger LO. So stop whining...

Greetz
    Stormfield, stormcrown, Nebhtu is passive.
    Not even considering friendly crits like Light of Mitra or passive damages like necros dots.

So if you have to be 100% sure no crits will happens on that sin before you'll stop kitting in order to fangs him, i think serpent transmutation is way more effective and reliable than fangs.

Fun fact : at the revamp thread on TL, i have suggested 1sec cast was too long for that spell, so they have reduced to 0.5sec. Nice try, but still crap imo
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast