Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reason for Veterans to Kill WB?

I think he meant how does 'player loyalty' relate to FTP players being able to get the cloak and items also...

but hopefully FTPs will be more interested in subscribing to the game to get all the wb's that are 'locked' from the FTP crowd, and to join to get access to the relics for the new stuff. Plus all the bonuses for lvl 80 chars in game, like AAs and khitai sixmans and such

Quote Originally Posted by bulk View Post
    Care to explain how does this applies to free to play players?
    While a F2P player doesn't directly translate to money, it still provides an opportunity for it through cash shop transactions, which obviously won't happen if the person doesn't play the game at all.

Also, as a general rule you want the active in game population to be as high as possible for marketing purposes if nothing else. But there's more than that to it.

Risk versus reward is zero. Show up once a month, hit it the piñata once, wait for it to die. Do this twelve times and you have a legendary cloak.

I find that this has little to do with player loyalty or what you think funcom's increased income is because of this.

Actually i think there is nothing wrong with longterm goals. In terms of content i actually think it works better on fury, than on crom. Not necessary because of the pvp, but more because it is usually just one raid, communication and some sense of achievement involved, once it is done (e.g. a casual raid for practice that is not too difficult). While on Crom it really is rather farm or afk content still (a computer stress test or a huge straw man maybe too).

I think after the year, we will really see, what reason veterans have to kill the world boss.

So far, i usually kill it once per char, and maybe try a few times more, if i want a certain vanity set. But for this motivation, the loot list is simply too random, so i end up with killing it once.

Maybe some kind of tokens or a repeatable quest with player chooseable rewards would give more longterm motivation than the lottery (which really is the problem). But i am convinced with this loot list and similar handling, the solution is NOT to make the fight more difficult or complicated. Just see how it plays next year.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th July 2014 at 08:31.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234