Thread: Killing dark templar

Default Killing dark templar

Currently pvp 3 and getting a lot better. Most classes don't give me problems any more unless they are clearly very skilled at that class, but to each his own I'll never complain about dying. I just wanted to ask that as of late dealing with dt's I'm having very good luck killing them now if I drain their mana at the beginning of the fight, I've never imagined doing that but it's working. Is this a) an acceptable method and b) when their is a tos in their group I can't drain it so it doesn't matter, is there a way to deal with DTs or just avoid them?
    Regards
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

while i was pvp 3 hox still back in the day i managed to kill 8 pvp t2 mix with t3 pvp tali DT - as it may looks for it took some time but still doable - perks ef and ftp and i managed to do that just with basw combo no mana/stamina drain upon transformation tho its really gozu sometimes

btw at being hox i find more dificult fights then one with dt - since dt have to aim and hox is very good kiter no matter what - for example tos - real hox killer or at least fair fight with throwing everything to the table from both sides and still i see tos winning by margin, ofc ranger due too much damage with really easy gameplay even pc and turtle approach - like avatar or so doesnt help

to OP yes when you fight DT you have to drain his mana through either DE/Insinity of Xotli and Body and Spirit Wrack (I use this combo almost exclusively only vs DTs). He will have pretty much for 100% Soul Barier active so jut be aware that doing dmg on DT also lower his mana pool - it means do the biggest dmg and burst from very start of fight. Simply pull everything including ToX (after Inferno Curse ofc) asap.

If you are lucky you will catch him without CoI active which oposite drains your mana and makes him almost invulnerable to your spells. So CC DT drain and burst him as soon as possible and finish him with combos - once your big burst is over its time to switch PC but do not do it too early otherwise you will finish being drained too.

Yours Xu DT hunter
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

you need to double debuff the DT with inferno curse and molten steel slash, kite him like a lunatic. Use a couple of mana drain combos, try to avoid him hitting you, time your cc's so you will cc lock him before he gets the stun off. Land a 3 step BTD on him and spitfire and do air pillars on him so if confuses the **** out of him. Save chains of anguish for when they start to land a dooming presence on you. Basically just debuff - kite - mana drain - dps