Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just dinged 80 - clueless with tons (!) of questions

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    AoK Unchained drop, stat-wise almost on par with the Hyrkanian one, so I would save your rare tokens
    http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...of_acheron.jpg
    I've ran AoK probably 250 times and have never seen hox sword drop. Hyrk sword is by far the fastest good sword to get on average.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I've ran AoK probably 250 times and have never seen hox sword drop. Hyrk sword is by far the fastest good sword to get on average.
    depends on luck, I´ve planned to buy the Hyrkanian sword one day (had T2 at that time), but I´ve got that AoK sword .. dunno.. on maybe 5-10th? run have seen it dropping multiple times before and since then as well
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    depends on luck, I´ve planned to buy the Hyrkanian sword one day (had T2 at that time), but I´ve got that AoK sword .. dunno.. on maybe 5-10th? run have seen it dropping multiple times before and since then as well
    ^This.

I prefer the AoK sword simply because of the hit rating. Even if all the other stats are lower, the hit rating more than makes up for it.

Get the poor man's ibis for hox:

Vanaheim Raidbreaker with 2x 26 magic damage (fire) gems. Can be bought for 18gold at Trader in Crom right now. Im having great fun with this sword on my newbie hox atm.

As for the debuffing, tos was changed after Tafale wrote his guide, so the tos can only debuff single targets with Wrack, not passively in aoe like before. I even see demos in top raiding guilds failing to cast Chaotic blast (their AoE wrack debuff)
    Many players have not adjusted to the tos change.

You'll have to look for the debuffs, are they there, or are they not. Precharge the MSS and Inferno Curse when you can. Inferno Curse for instance can be synced with Inferno + dot + fire lance/tounge + pillars for massive burst. Spending some time at pull to debuff is never a bad idea so your tanks can build agro before you go full out.
    But as mentioned, the ideal thing is when the tos and demo do it for you. You'll gain alot not having to use them yourself.

There is also an unorthodox build with 3 points in Inferno Curse so you can cast that instantly.

I went the route of Vanaheim Raidbreaker to AoK sword on my last HoX too, and would absolutely do that again over buying Trial of Flame. The Vanaheim Raidbreaker is a great and easy-to-obtain interim sword, Amp is easy to get groups for and good rare farming while you await your sword drop, and the AoK sword's hit rating takes a ton of pressure off the rest of your gear.

Put the rares you would have spent on Trial into some gear instead, so when the AoK sword does drop, you'll be the complete package for the next tier of 6-mans and raids.
    Last edited by Prima; 6th December 2013 at 23:03.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Vanaheim Raidbreaker is not the poor's man choice, 18 Gold is a ton of money for a newcomer ! And the sword is easily replaced by the BRC quest one, free to obtain.

Remember what the guy said about swords :
    8. My current sword is the lvl 70 crafted blue one, but I've been trying to get into Onyx Chambers for Amtah. I've decided that 6 gold is too much for Carnage when I'm not even close to a lvl 80 mount.
    So if 6 gold is too much for him, pretty sure that 18 gold for a crafted one not even 1.5x stronger than Carnage not fitting his budget

Alright guys, thanks for all the answers, especially regarding double-tapping to avoid stuns - that seems really difficult to do though, particularly when I compare it to how easy it is to dodge big skills with dodging in TSW ^^

I think I've basically got all my questions answered; I'll use exultation/demon maw whenever possible, and inferno curse (possibly MSS) early in fights (where there are no tos/demo) when I can't go all out because of aggro anyways.

The only things I'm uncertain about is whether getting the PvP reward tiger is very time-consuming and not a good "first-mount" choice or not, and whether or not getting rank 4 with one faction and then betraying it for another is impractical and inefficient for a new player/character.

Also, I opted for getting the Soullight or Soulcandle or whatever sword from the trader rather than Carnage or the Snowaxe. It only cost 1g 20s rather than respectively 6 and 18 gold, and with 115 dps and hox stats I think it'll last until I get Searing Sword at some point. At the moment I have the Destiny neck, Crow's Nest cloak and the rest is Khitai blues/2 epics, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

Obviously suggestions, thoughts etc are still very much welcomed, but I think I've got the biggest stuff out of the way. Thanks hox forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123