Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New 80's Guide to Dungeon Delving

TIER 5 is fun to do! It actually includes the only hard-mode encounters in the game.

Iron Tower HM #1 can be easily done (and it goes down the list immediately) if at least 5 of the members have all gems.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 19th March 2013 at 07:45.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    ...After all nerfs to Argo-satha he is piece of cake now...
    An example of the old timer blindness every single one of us is guilty of one time or another. The Queen alone in a dungeon would be "T3" by this classification. Add in everything else, Vile Nativity is no way in the same league with Pagoda or Coppice HM. Pillar HM is also T4 because of length and complexity, not straight difficulty. There's many factors when you're trying to classify this sort of stuff.
    Fun fact: If this was a list of all dungeons of all levels done at proper levels, Main System (lv55-60) would be the sole occupant of T6: **** this **** merely because of its length.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Iron Tower HM #1 can be easily done (and it goes down the list immediately) if at least 5 of the members have all gems.
    That's a BS exploit and I don't care what anyone else says. Of course, Desumo is a BS hardmode so it's only fair, but I won't consider cheats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Ti'an with the right group can be done with your eyes closed.
    Anything you need "the right group" for is something new players must avoid like plague.
    But by all means, keep questioning the list. I still dare you all.
    Last edited by cins; 19th March 2013 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    An example of the old timer blindness every single one of us is guilty of one time or another.
    Not at all. Experience from last run I made 2-3 weeks ago.
    Grindiong alts aka one you bring through monastery/palace/mines - 2 of them fresh offline leveled.
    20-25mins for whole instance.
    - Sentilens are easy dps fight (and only Awakening need to be tanked)
    - Queen as you said is easy
    - Olik - hits hard, but damage output at small bird in Den levels and you can have both tanks for it - dealing with adds is just one cc or 1-2 dpsers
    - Statues - tank&spank, and only half have some abilities that requre perks
    - Argo-Satha died 5sec after opening 3rd dps window, no one cared where small adds die, bah tere was no group focusing them, all was dps boss
    - Prince - require one person moving to side while boss is cating Poisonous Sputter
    No, it's easier Monastery/Mines HMs levels.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    - Sentilens are easy dps fight (and only Awakening need to be tanked)
    - Queen as you said is easy
    - Olik - hits hard, but damage output at small bird in Den levels and you can have both tanks for it - dealing with adds is just one cc or 1-2 dpsers
    - Statues - tank&spank, and only half have some abilities that requre perks
    - Argo-Satha died 5sec after opening 3rd dps window, no one cared where small adds die, bah tere was no group focusing them, all was dps boss
    - Prince - require one person moving to side while boss is cating Poisonous Sputter
    Maybe I should pug VN a few more times. Nevertheless, if all these guys were alone in seperate dungeons, I'd imagine their "tiers" would go: T2+T3+T4+T3+T3+T3=...T4?
    That equation looks shaky.

This is too much griping over one tiny point though. It's definitely T3+ however you slice it, and that's good enough for a new player. I'll stop before collapsing into a nerdgularity.
    EDIT: vvvv
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    although it's sad so much hate is displayed towards veterans
    We deserve it.
    Last edited by cins; 19th March 2013 at 07:50.

There's no point arguing from a veteran point of view, the OP is correct in his estimations as far as i can tell, although it's sad so much hate is displayed towards veterans.

Frankly, Vile Nativity is impossible to complete for a team of new players, it's just as simple as that, and from a newbie point of view it's definitely a place that one should avoid.

I forgot one thing...
    I remember an incident in "Onyx Chambers". One guy, a necromancer, even after being asked, warned, implored, kicked, and invited back (he kept answering too), was persistent in using all his damage on the boss that heals up at unholy damage. We could not kill the boss for 10 minutes because of him.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Ville is as hard as Den, Reliquary or Malice. And I thought OP T3 cattegory isn't ment for complete newbies.

Newbie rougue in Flame and one of those 8-16 burn skin will wipe you.
    Newbie healer in Den and your dpsers will be dead on one of Wing Sweep.
    Malice is nightmare in most pugs. Killing adds at middle, terible dps on bosses (sometimes only tanks and single rogue who does ~300), failing at emotes, people staying on middle watching how their hp goes down instead dpsing sisters to break meet-up cast if rogue fail/died.

Whole difference between Ville and those 3 instances is number of encouters, so time spend there.

If you wipe in Reliquary or Den because tanks/healers/fh screw up you leave group without any regrets you lost anything. When wiping in instance that have multiple encouters looks somehow worse. But if you would pick few of op t3 instances to get same amount of rares than in Ville, then Ville with same difficulty levels won't take much time. I would say it should be quicker since you dont need to run trough Grasslands or Chosain, and everyone who pug sometimes know how much time people can use to move from one instance to other.

Problem could be in rewards, since in Ville beside reares there is only one epic at end. But then even Xiba speed-run and Iron Tower Golem HM should end in OMGWTF.
    Last edited by bogus; 19th March 2013 at 08:12.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    ToD is also an open instance, which means other groups of players can be inside with you, stealing your bosses but everything respawns.
    This also means that it´s a PvP enabled instance on PvP servers (same as Onyx Chambers still is and as Main System used to be back in the days), which means a lot of fun or trouble, depends on which side of the sword you´ll end up As a reward for your courage you can get an unique social set that drops from players.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I remember an incident in "Onyx Chambers". One guy, a necromancer, even after being asked, warned, implored, kicked, and invited back (he kept answering too), was persistent in using all his damage on the boss that heals up at unholy damage. We could not kill the boss for 10 minutes because of him.
    Onyx lizard bosses are healing because any hit on their pictish-armbandish side can trigger a healing effect. Most DT combos land on that right side and melee pets also hit it.
    Razorgrin is the only one who heals up by your group's healing spells.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Onyx lizard bosses are healing because any hit on their pictish-armbandish side can trigger a healing effect. Most DT combos land on that right side and melee pets also hit it.
    Razorgrin is the only one who heals up by your group's healing spells.
    Yes, without those pets (we asked him to stop attacking the boss with the pets, but he did not do that), the boss went down fast.
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...=129968&page=2 - there is more speculation on the topic.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast