Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is better fot tanking Last legion armor or Wolfs?Or neither?

Default What is better fot tanking Last legion armor or Wolfs?Or neither?

Hi, Im lvling a Guard and Im not sure if is better go for wolfs gear or for LL. Or maybe is better get T2 and go straight to t3
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Last legion hate plate is the best.
    Only use the T3 guard set or BDA for magical fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Last legion hate plate is the best.
    Only use the T3 guard set or BDA for magical fights.
    Or if you can't get into any t3 raids LL prot set is also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Hi, Im lvling a Guard and Im not sure if is better go for wolfs gear or for LL. Or maybe is better get T2 and go straight to t3
    One of the guard advantages is their Tier gear is actually useful. T2 is basically T3 without protection, so a full T2 guard can tank most encounters.

From K6 gear, LL hate/str is usually the best. Get as much as you can of LL armor, except get the Wolf boots. Most of the other Wolf gear is fail.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Or if you can't get into any t3 raids LL prot set is also very good.
    Everyone can get into some T3 pugs, but even if not, the constitution of the hate set is preferable to the protection set even against magic bosses.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Everyone can get into some T3 pugs, but even if not, the constitution of the hate set is preferable to the protection set even against magic bosses.
    Not hard to get both. Some people play on odd hours. That may change though with the merger.

For the protection set, if i rolled a new soldier, i would go for the xiba set, since it's a good excuse to go run Xiba, the set looks awesome, and, well, it's free.

As guard, you can also just get the base crafted blue plate with white gem slots and you're set. It's cheap and quick.

For a more expensive but just as quick approach, you can get the acheronian (or stoneheart) main pieces with stoneheart shoulders and warmaster gloves, completed with the blue steel wrists and boots.

All in all, the LL protection set is a bit too expensive for its purpose. You would use it only marginally and you can have same results with much cheaper and better looking gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    For the protection set, if i rolled a new soldier, i would go for the xiba set, since it's a good excuse to go run Xiba, the set looks awesome, and, well, it's free.

As guard, you can also just get the base crafted blue plate with white gem slots and you're set. It's cheap and quick.

For a more expensive but just as quick approach, you can get the acheronian (or stoneheart) main pieces with stoneheart shoulders and warmaster gloves, completed with the blue steel wrists and boots.

All in all, the LL protection set is a bit too expensive for its purpose. You would use it only marginally and you can have same results with much cheaper and better looking gear.
    Agreed, my LL protection pants have always been in the vanity slot lol.

I'm going wolves because it looks neat.

Unless you're running with DT's or Conqs who don't know how to keep aggro off themselves... I actually prefer the con and general feel of the wolves set. Like many people have said +hate is generally overrated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast