Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian Levelling Build?

You can reset feats cheaply so don't worry too much about screwups. Trainers give you 2nd spec if you're premium at 30, so you can have a shield build and a spear build then.

And if you see a group forming on global for a dungeon of your level, join them. Worst case they'll all be douchebags and you'll leave group. More likely there'll be at least one oldie on an alt who can advise you and you'll see cool stuff.

Thanks Mallaus and cins! I appreciate the help!

Default Thank you

With this guide you get my knowing-of-leveling more firm. I have now lvl 19 guardian and as I readed here, I start distribution of feats well.
    This thread is very helpfull thou, because I am now knowing how to develop further.
    THX

Leveling a guardian can be a bit discouraging from start and up till the mid 20s, because of the way the feat trees are set up. You will not really feel much difference independent on where you put the first 10-15 points. (It's about the same for all soldiers though.)

My first guardian (rip) I leveled in Shield&Sword and Defensive stance. My main was levelled in polearm and frenzy (mostly). Point is: it's doable either way. Wouldn't recommend S&S though. Not even for practicing tanking. Killing normal enemies and tanking bosses isn't the same. Combos change anyway, and the rotations aren't the same. Only spec tank if you have friends/guildies to play with and you know you will do a lot of dungeons together. (Or get multiple specilization if you are subscriber).

When using polearm and frenzy positioning is very important. Practice getting groups of mobs to pack together so you can hit many at the same time. That will help a lot further in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oitani View Post
    Leveling a guardian can be a bit discouraging from start and up till the mid 20s, because of the way the feat trees are set up. You will not really feel much difference independent on where you put the first 10-15 points. (It's about the same for all soldiers though.)

My first guardian (rip) I leveled in Shield&Sword and Defensive stance. My main was levelled in polearm and frenzy (mostly). Point is: it's doable either way. Wouldn't recommend S&S though. Not even for practicing tanking. Killing normal enemies and tanking bosses isn't the same. Combos change anyway, and the rotations aren't the same. Only spec tank if you have friends/guildies to play with and you know you will do a lot of dungeons together. (Or get multiple specilization if you are subscriber).

When using polearm and frenzy positioning is very important. Practice getting groups of mobs to pack together so you can hit many at the same time. That will help a lot further in the game.
    True story bro +1.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12