Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ToS Builds 2013

Top parse? Topping kills in minis 25-35? This is all relevant to who you're up against and what conditions you're under.

I don't think EU or US matters here, but if you want to label my advice as less only cause Im EU then that's your call! I had my share of Mrcorp on testlive forums, so I won't bother for long if you turn out to be the same.

Static Blood synergizes very well with tos, and will increase your burst potential and healing a whole lot if you pop it at the right time. DT, Necro and Ranger (when they dot you) are some classes easily prone to this retributive damage to take some examples. Remember retributive damage is not mitigated by any invuls.

Staggering Voice (60% snare) on a caster is _nearly_ a 6 second stun with impressive range! No explaination needed.

Rousing Shock... Yes it was nerfed, but if you learn to use it not only will you benefit yourself, you will help your teammates in dire situations. Some easy AoE stuns to spot are: Ursine Crush from bs or Desecrating Essence from hox.
    Not only this, but you'll save yourself from using Deliverance a whole lot.

Lightning cast can can turn the tides for your very easily when you need that extra burst. Either to pick off an enemy trying to flee, but most often I find it so sexy againsts sins. Between their immunites and dull pain, you need to make the best out of your window of opportunity. They never see it coming!

Bloodmana maybe isn't as needed always, but I find it helpful when my mana is somehow drained, and with a single spell and some AoE damage Im back to full in no time. Also you can help your DTs manapool for incredible mana sustain, meaning more damage and survival. Even when going up against several dotters depleting his manapool so fast the DT will be able to get the mana needed.

You think feating some points Wrath of the Serpent and Symbiotic Idol of Set will beat these abilities I explained about? If you can't utilize them, then maybe not. Thing is if you can the gain is massive.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 10th March 2013 at 04:21.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    I dont think I ever said there was a difference in skill between eu and us. But I have said there was a playstyle difference. And you are going to learn that now that we are all in the same forums. its something I knew for a long time as I read all 3 forums and you only read 2.

However, putting Raists comments about region to the side, I dont agree with what you say for pvp on the US servers based on my playstyle. Perhaps in EU its different.

However, raist syaing he has top kills and averages 25 - 35 kills in minis is laughable and completly situational. I did about 10 minis last night, saw 10 different tos, and none of them led the teams with such numbers. So perhaps he is super tos? He was average just 6 months ago, must be the new patch?
    There's definitely a play style difference between US/EU as you can see by reading comments and posts from the two sides.

Problem is EU is far ahead of US in raid progression that from just the idea's I have seen on the Demo forums it's very clear they choose to neglect PvP armor and favor T4 PvE armor and focus on burst damage rather than sustainable DPS. People are talking about Spellweaving Let it Burn in premades, which anyone on the US servers knows that would never happen as your asking to be farmed that way.

In my opinion, it sounds like the people defending abilities US players would see as trash or just not worthwhile seem completely viable on the EU servers, which could suggest a skill gap. Of course if everyone is running around in T4 armor that means everyone has an equal amount of no protection so going DPS heavy and low utility might work if that's the culture there rather than the suggested skill gap. Just my thought...

BTW...I would never drop Titanic Storm. That has nothing to do with playstyle, it's just a known staple for PvP. PvE, especially T4, sure, you don't need it.
    Last edited by Suctum; 10th March 2013 at 11:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

I never said anything about US players, but I may have been very upset with your inability Mrcorp to see how things would turn out with sprint revamp + ToS revamp, a class advocate supposedly keyboardturner PvPer. I will not hold my prejudice for anyone of the kind in PvP. You were crying so hard over the changes. The only big nerf was Degradation of Set removal, but that was needed if you ask me. ToS + HoX/Demo combo was OP enough already, and with a buffed ToS ontop it would be too much!

Anyways that's of the past, and the EU vs. US discussion is silly. I now tried to help OP realise what he's missing out on. It's up to him to be enlightened or not =)

btw
    Noone should be interested in playing EU vs. US until lag issues are improved a whole lot. +100 ms added to normal ms... Why would you want that O.O

question, how does a tos get kills when its squishy

what exactly are ppl doing on set when they see a tos cast..let them hit them? on deathwish, as a sin, i can say tos gets for the most part a sad faith

Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I never said anything about US players, but I may have been very upset with your inability Mrcorp to see how things would turn out with sprint revamp + ToS revamp, a class advocate supposedly keyboardturner PvPer. I will not hold my prejudice for anyone of the kind in PvP. You were crying so hard over the changes. The only big nerf was Degradation of Set removal, but that was needed if you ask me. ToS + HoX/Demo combo was OP enough already, and with a buffed ToS ontop it would be too much!

Anyways that's of the past, and the EU vs. US discussion is silly. I now tried to help OP realise what he's missing out on. It's up to him to be enlightened or not =)

btw
    Noone should be interested in playing EU vs. US until lag issues are improved a whole lot. +100 ms added to normal ms... Why would you want that O.O
    You ever see the other Advocates? Shakalo, nice guy, but knew dick about actual mechanics. The 2 LiF Rangers who both claimed Ranger day 1 after revamp was not OP and still lacked dps? The majority of advocates were on the short bus.

The only 2 advocates who actually made credible posts were Corp and beleive it or not Abesworth. Both PvPers and for the most part spoke on behalf of that community and balance.

The Sprint Revamp was stupid. Now Melee don't need to even use Stam Pots, it's impossible to run out of stam. You can sprint all over the place and stagger is still free. Sprint did nothing to speed up combat, it just allowed the classes that could run away do it even longer and for bad melee to just keep white hitting stagger those who can't. Combos still take 1-5 seconds to get off and your still rooted while doing it. All sprint revamp did was add another utlility bar and another programming problem for Funcom.

As for the degregation, you can still debuff but your forced to use Sparks to do it? lol, More channeled spells and more roots, you accuse Corp of keyboard turning yet look at how funcom is going with all these bad channeled spells. Pretty soon you won't even need to keyboard turn, just run straight for your opponent and just press buttons-but from the EU posts, seems like you guys are used to being statues already
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    question, how does a tos get kills when its squishy

what exactly are ppl doing on set when they see a tos cast..let them hit them? on deathwish, as a sin, i can say tos gets for the most part a sad faith
    its fate

but you are not comparing apples to apples

deathwish has for the most part very inexperienced players. from talking to old tyranny and now set pvpers who play in 80 mini games on deathwish the competition is no where near the same level. that anatu on a half geared guard, a class he never played before gets 50+ kill in mini games is a prime example.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

I never said ToS+sprint revamp was particularly good. Everyone said Sparks delay before adding Wrack needed a fix.

What do you know of EU, Suctum? To play with you:
    Do you even jump?

Hopefully raist you saw my post. What do you think about the spells I mentioned?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    There's definitely a play style difference between US/EU as you can see by reading comments and posts from the two sides.

Problem is EU is far ahead of US in raid progression that from just the idea's I have seen on the Demo forums it's very clear they choose to neglect PvP armor and favor T4 PvE armor and focus on burst damage rather than sustainable DPS. People are talking about Spellweaving Let it Burn in premades, which anyone on the US servers knows that would never happen as your asking to be farmed that way.

In my opinion, it sounds like the people defending abilities US players would see as trash or just not worthwhile seem completely viable on the EU servers, which could suggest a skill gap. Of course if everyone is running around in T4 armor that means everyone has an equal amount of no protection so going DPS heavy and low utility might work if that's the culture there rather than the suggested skill gap. Just my thought...

BTW...I would never drop Titanic Storm. That has nothing to do with playstyle, it's just a known staple for PvP. PvE, especially T4, sure, you don't need it.
    Every player has their own style of play. To say the EU players play differently then US players is baseless.

Also as far as progression, AOC’s progression ended months ago when T4 became farm stat for many guilds in US and EU, so how is any server ahead of other, at this stage? there is no more progression left.

AOC has a small world, as soon as something is discovered by someone and is viable, many copy or follow very quickly.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast