Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No gd letter today?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Have been in the US this week, writing the GD letter at night after all-day team meetings.

I'd imagine it will be released next week due to translation - I think you'll like what it covers!
    All day team meetings? That sounds horrible! Or maybe good if it means you have good things to talk about / line up for our future.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    If you're talking about the pillars of encounter design then that one is on me it'll coincide with the release of patch 4.4, for obvious reasons.
    That's what I call teasing!
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    All day team meetings? That sounds horrible! Or maybe good if it means you have good things to talk about / line up for our future.
    Yes meeting to convince Funcom to throw more money, I mean focus on AOC more.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Yes meeting to convince Funcom to throw more money, I mean focus on AOC more.
    Yes, thats was so great.

But...

don't forget Lego online and the Secret World!..

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Have been in the US this week, writing the GD letter at night after all-day team meetings.
    Meetings about what? :O

Catnip consumption in the French Mod Team
    Short cuts make long delays.

"We are working towards releasing a build containing the tradeskill system to the testlive servers quite soon." - Nusquam, october 2013.

That qoute was from the GD letter, october 2013. Almost a year ago now. Dear Game Director, can you please elaborate on why this is takeing so long?

anzu already answered- b/c they are all sniffing catnip for some strange reason. and also, lego game is out

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    "We are working towards releasing a build containing the tradeskill system to the testlive servers quite soon." - Nusquam, october 2013.

That qoute was from the GD letter, october 2013. Almost a year ago now. Dear Game Director, can you please elaborate on why this is takeing so long?
    Short answer - It wasn't working well enough to let you guys play around with it.

Longer answer - It was "functional" at that point and has been for a long time - and I thought we would be able to patch it to testlive (at least the basic functionality) but the people working on it convinced me that it would just annoy people rather than make them happy.

There is *so much* cleaning up that has had to be done for the crafting system. To give you some idea of the challenges faced - when Conan was originally in development, some of the items were created using the original AO tools (from 2001).
    There was a new item tool made for Age of Conan, and the bulk of items for AoC were made in that tool.
    Then a new tool was made for TSW - but with the idea that all new items for AoC would be made in that tool as well (unifying the projects is always good, especially when you have a shared live team).

So Age of Conan has items made in three different tools, which all function differently in code.

In the crafting system, you need to be able to salvage crafting materials from items that you find. The salvaging system is only compatible with items that work in the third tool I mentioned above.

So...one heroic team member has spent a long (long) time recreating every item in AoC in the newest tool to make sure that everything will work with the salvaging system. That is thousands of items. That is months of work.

That is just one of the problems that we have been wrestling with on the crafting revamp.

And to make it clear, I have had a team member focused only on the crafting revamp for over a year now. Just working on crafting. That should give you some idea of the scope.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast