Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know how to fix the mountains dissapearing thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    Any view distance over 2048 dosen't seem to have any effect when you adjust it ingame. 2047 even reduce view distance of distant mountains greatly compared to 2048.

For the sake of testing I modified MainPrefs.xml to allow view distances up to 12000. It works from you login till you zone the first time. Then it goes back to a view distance that isn't affected beyond 2048 till you restart the client.

The missing Mountains always annoyed me as it is so obvious when you turn the camera. It is a shame if your computer can pull it off. Mine isn't fast and 5 years old and it handles a view distance of 12000 perfectly fine. Something worth considering for the devs maybe? It just looks so much better when you can see it all!
    when you try to /setoption ViewDistance 12000 it changes to max which is 3500. I think you can modify the file and then make it read only so it cant re-write itself back to normal values.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    when you try to /setoption ViewDistance 12000 it changes to max which is 3500. I think you can modify the file and then make it read only so it cant re-write itself back to normal values.
    You can, as I wrote I modified the MainPrefs.xml to allow it and I checked, it is set to 12000. A while back I made a program that allows for replacing any default UI file automatically at launch which made the test very easy.

You can, as I wrote I modified the MainPrefs.xml to allow it and I checked, it is set to 12000. A while back I made a program that allows for replacing any default UI file automatically at launch which made the test very easy.
    So it is that easy? If you change the value the game always show the distance you wrote?
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Ive been testing and it doesnt work I think? Could you please post here your xml? When you write 12.000, does it works? Yes, the xml shows it because now it is read only but does the game shows 12000 for real?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Ive been testing and it doesnt work I think? Could you please post here your xml? When you write 12.000, does it works? Yes, the xml shows it because now it is read only but does the game shows 12000 for real?
    Write /setoption ViewDistance
    With out any value and it will display your current value m

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Don't write 12.000, but 12000 as the max value for ViewDistance in MainPrefs.xml. Either use Aoc quickstart or edit it just before you press Start in launcher.

The game shows 12000 for real, but as I said "only from you log in the first time till you zone or change character". After that it defaults back to 2048 even though /setoption ViewDistance still says it is 12000. And it won't go above that till you restart the client, so it is kinda pointless beyond proving that the game runs fine at a very high view distance. It is the devs that needs to change it so the dreamworld engine dosen't default back to 2048.

Don't write 12.000, but 12000 as the max value for ViewDistance in MainPrefs.xml. Either use Aoc quickstart or edit it just before you press Start in launcher.

The game shows 12000 for real, but as I said "only from you log in the first time till you zone or change character". After that it defaults back to 2048 even though /setoption ViewDistance still says it is 12000. And it won't go above that till you restart the client, so it is kinda pointless beyond proving that the game runs fine at a very high view distance. It is the devs that needs to change it so the dreamworld engine dosen't default back to 2048.
    Ok, I understand. Thanks for the explanation.

I sent a private message to CirithGorgor and opened a post in test live forum, in suggestions.

Not sure if Funcom will read anyway...
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12